Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

Just now, rumandraisin said:

Do you reckon. Not even any of the rhythm parts. 

I think Absurd and Hard School are all Slash, honestly.  Or at least Richard is so good at adapting that nothing from his playing that I usually know to be him shines through and he sounds just like Slash on both lol

Guns N' Roses - Hard Skool (Official Audio) Video..

Interesting release. Axl sounds slightly speeded up. Something about the start reminds me of Down on the Farm, one part reminds me of The Garden. I like the drumming. 

One aspect of the video that could use fixing: when the red locker scrolls left off of the screen, the smoke remains in place. I think the smoke should scroll off of the screen with the red locker. Minor details :D

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You mean the killswitch in the intro the first 2 seconds? That I don’t know, but I don’t see much benefit in re-recording something like that lol, so probably Bucket

No I think they’re referring to the end of HS.

Also Slash tweeted about the Columbus show but nothing about HS being released. Although I’d probably just chalk that up to him being savvy when it comes to promoting. More eyeballs tomorrow morning. 

Edited by Martin Riggs

52 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, it definitely feels incomplete vocally. When I first heard the demo I was convinced that Axl had yet to write the middle eight part. I like Slash's parts, but it does feel a little underwritten, although not as obviously so as Absurd. 

I thought those middle parts are their new thing. Like the new typical Gn'R thing in the middle of each song. Like a common thread. :lol:

I like what Slash does though. 

3 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

I thought those middle parts are their new thing. Like the new typical Gn'R thing in the middle of each song. Like a common thread. :lol:

I like what Slash does though. 

Yeah the more I listen to it the more I love Slash’s tone in the middle part in and of itself. I think he intentionally made it sound very similar to his UYI tone there. It’s the musical equivalent of the cinematic Easter egg..the longtime fans get/feel the significance. 

Finally given it a listen, really enjoying the song. Instantly sounds more GNR than anything since 93. 

Pretty wild to think we’ve had two songs released this year. 

But so many people on here let their hype run away with them. Comparing a thing from 80s rockers to their heyday is a recipe for disappointment.  

• Like 3

I wonder… If it’s true that the beginning is "cut", I wonder which song could be preceding it and on what position will the song be (it’s definitely going on the album, right? Probably the same applies to Absurd, unfortunately). It could very well be number two (pun not intended). It’s sort of a kick-ass fast song, same as Shackler was, also No. 2. So why not, it would be cool. 

I don't think the way the drums kicks in necessarily means there was something before it. I think it just might be a cool little way to introduce the bass. If something preceded it, it would normally be cut in a way where that drum part doesn't bleed over, the bass would just start immediately. Who really knows though...

• Like 3