Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

12 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Dude… this sounds like it’s supposed to be the demo. Or a fan made remix. The village leak was a lot better. Opinions can change after it sinks in more, but damn. They cut the stuff that added flavor to the song. All the cool little things cut. Slash’s solo was cool but damn and really Axl taking the Mc Daddy Haaay Haays in the breakdown lol. And how corny is the fucking locker cover and the bell in the intro… ugh

Oh I just noticed the ultra low mixed heys heys are the same with EYe on you

It is a joke really axl cant get rid off some ideas once they stuck into his mind

He actually needs to have EVERY SINGLE SHIT RIFF AND IDEA stuff into this bloated songs

both songs really show they have been over over over baked and thought over for 25 years

I was always PRO axl in this band but at the moment the only hope is to let DUff and SLah write fresh riffs in couple songs  lets see 

Edited by Realitysux

I've never heard the leaks or any hint of the song previously and just listened for the first time.  My reaction:

It's an OK song.  Nothing special but better than Absurd.  Certainly it won't go down as a GNR classic.  I think there is a reason it was unreleased for 20 years.  Several CD songs are much better.  I won't mind if it is in the set when I go to the last USA show but I won't be devastated if it isn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I've never heard the leaks or any hint of the song previously and just listened for the first time.  My reaction:

It's an OK song.  Nothing special but better than Absurd.  Certainly it won't go down as a GNR classic.  I think there is a reason it was unreleased for 20 years.  Several CD songs are much better.  I won't mind if it is in the set when I go to the last USA show but I won't be devastated if it isn't.

You should really listen to The Village Sessions. But honestly, everybody should. It's the best GnR-related thing that has become available since UYI imo. And that's despite GnR and TB rather than because of them. 

These are just songs. Some will love them, some not but the level of hatred (ok, let’s call it extreme dislike) some seem to have for a pretty straight forward rock song by GN’R is baffling. Look, I get that people are starved for new matrial that was written by Axl, Slash and Duff but this is what we are getting for now, for better or worse. I dig it, GN’R are releasing songs and this one even has the feel of old school GN’R. It’s catchy and is straight to the point.

Plenty of bands release material that was left over from other album sessions, although most would probably record everything from scratch but that just isn’t the Axl way. He mixed it up on CD with older vocal takes and newer as well. If we’ll see a new record it will be the same way. And let’s not forget that for the majority of people this is new since the leaks only reached a very limited number of people.

Having said that, I think the song will do very well if they promote it. Throw out a press release and maybe do some interviews.

For the ones complaining, you can probably expect more of the same if/when a new album comes around. You’ll probably get a few Axl/Slash/Duff songs too but expect more “leftovers”. Axl will want at least some of that stuff out.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mustaine said:

For the ones complaining, you can probably expect more of the same if/when a new album comes around. 

The band have publicly said nothing about any of these songs and there are currently no tour dates immediately coming up for this to promote. From a marketing point of view it is really weird that this has been released when it has. You'd expect a press release or a band member to say something but nope.

It's not about promoting the single - singles promote things. What the hell is this promoting?

12 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

It’s about time.  This was my favorite from all the leaks.  Song is good, way better than absurd. Now let’s hope they keep pushing toward this “new album”.  Hopefully soon is the word   🤣

Is "new album" the word when all the vocals and basic melodies are 20+ years old? 

I really hope they have created some fresh new songs with slash/duff and Axl got off his ass and recorded some new vocals.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Axl S said:

The band have publicly said nothing about any of these songs and there are currently no tour dates immediately coming up for this to promote. From a marketing point of view it is really weird that this has been released when it has. You'd expect a press release or a band member to say something but nope.

It's not about promoting the single - singles promote things. What the hell is this promoting?

I agree. I would guess an album but you know what, I’ve been burned so many times that I’ve decided to just enjoy the song for now. I would expect a press release today if this were any other band though…

Back to reality 

Just now, axl666 said:

This is the best time to be a GNR fan since CD came out.

No, that would be when The Village Sessions leaked. 

Just now, axl666 said:

They're touring.

Axl sounds like a cat being run over by a lawnmower and is getting worse. 

Just now, axl666 said:

The original band are basically back together.

Oh cool, Izzy and Steven are back? So no... I felt bad for Dizzy Reed recently by the way. He's been in the band for 32 years. Slash and Duff combined have been in the band for 35 years. And still the recent Charlie Brown artwork only had Axl, Slash and Duff on it. 

Just now, axl666 said:

They're releasing music which is really pretty good, though maybe not to everyone's liking.

But the songs and vocal takes are 20 years old. And it's just two songs that had already leaked as demo's, without any real announcement or plan. 

Just now, axl666 said:

They will likely have a new album of some form out in the next year.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. Especially in GnR-land. Going by the past 25 years, I'd say this is a very unsafe assuption that management has given you no reason whatsoever to make. 

Just now, axl666 said:

Negativity can feed negativity. 

Realism is often mistaken for negativity. 

Just now, axl666 said:

The band is on a bit of a roll now and that's really positive.

Being a GnR fan for about 25 years has taught me to be very cautious with stuff like this. I just explained why. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1000x1000-000000-80-0-0-201_bestFit_600x

Let's talk about artwork, we have :

- recycled GNR art (GNFNRS graffiti from UYI era, GNR was here from AFD era, GNR logo)

- school them art ( campus typo fro Hard Skool, locker picture)

- usual GNR sexual joke

- but what is the S in the top left corner, I don't think this is random, this must be related to something ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aure69 said:

- recycled GNR art (GNFNRS graffiti from UYI era, GNR was here from AFD era, GNR logo)

- usual GNR sexual joke

- but what is the S in the top left corner, I don't think this is random, this must be related to something ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_S

1 minute ago, aure69 said:

- usual GNR sexual joke

It's a universal graffiti tag, it's has a pretty interesting story actually! There is a great Youtube essay about that phenomenon:

1 minute ago, duffgnr86 said:

fuck the haters if you dont like it just don't listen to it and don't throw shit to whatever the band do.. old vocals, bad mix, ya yaya should be louder, guitar no soul, duff vocal should be up,  demo was better, etc etc ... why don't you just fuck off man.. we shouldn't have heard the leaks in first place. If they realease something new with vocals we've never heared before but were recorded in 2000 you wouldnt be crying

"REEEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE SUPER POSITIVE REEEEEEEEE"

Fucks sake dude, people are entitled to give their opinions. It's what public forums are for. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Axl S said:

I think they may want to get across a "no fucks given" attitude of just dropping new songs without caring about the charts or the timing, which works as a sort of pre- damage control. If they hyped the releases with more promotion, the expectations for them to chart would be higher. Whereas now, even if the songs don't get a huge number of streams, they can say it's because they didn't care about that so they didn't promote them.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

Just listened to it. It was never my fav track from the locker leaks but this version sounds better to my ears. Ive never enjoyed buckethead playing so what Slash did was fantastic to me. Mix sounds weird and I didnt get all the reverb on vocals, it sounds amateur. 

Cover is cheesy as fuck, but it may also be a nod to the “locker” leaks. 

Now whats next? Rumored EP? Atlas? Perhaps? I dont think we can expect a full album.

Edited by default_

7 minutes ago, username said:

Back to reality 

No, that would be when The Village Sessions leaked. 

Axl sounds like a cat being run over by a lawnmower and is getting worse. 

Oh cool, Izzy and Steven are back? So no... I felt bad for Dizzy Reed recently by the way. He's been in the band for 32 years. Slash and Duff combined have been in the band for 35 years. And still the recent Charlie Brown artwork only had Axl, Slash and Duff on it. 

But the songs and vocal takes are 20 years old. And it's just two songs that had already leaked as demo's, without any real announcement or plan. 

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. Especially in GnR-land. Going by the past 25 years, I'd say this is a very unsafe assuption that management has given you no reason whatsoever to make. 

Realism is often mistaken for negativity. 

Being a GnR fan for about 25 years has taught me to be very cautious with stuff like this. I just explained why. 

The "realism" is that we don't know what's gonna happen. Anything else is an assumption, which you condemn, according to your own words.
Sure, we're all entitled to our own opinion, but some folks keep spamming any place with it ad nauseam. But ok, I understand you've only started. :D

In all seriousness, I didn't like Absurd, but I do like this one. Miles away. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duffgnr86 said:

fuck the haters if you dont like it just don't listen to it and don't throw shit to whatever the band do.. old vocals, bad mix, ya yaya should be louder, guitar no soul, duff vocal should be up,  demo was better, etc etc ... why don't you just fuck off man.. we shouldn't have heard the leaks in first place. If they realease something new with vocals we've never heared before but were recorded in 2000 you wouldnt be crying

I'm out of likes, but TOTALLY agree with this!!

• Like 1