Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

8 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

I wasn’t expecting any new footage or anything but they could have at least made a music video using your footage. Hell, even a lyric video would be better than the locker animation.

Yeah, I agree, it would be nice, but I don't see that happening, not even with future single releases

I know the vast majority will hate my comments, but I don't give a crap - I've been a loyal fan of this band for the past 30+ years, I won't change because of the majority... 

1. "OMG... they released a new song... which is not technically new, but still.." - ok, cool, good for them, good for you, but to me, it will never be a new song because it is NOT a new song - never released it is very different than a "new" song. It will not turn my day from great to fantastic because of it. Sorry, I have VERY high standards, and a "never released song" is not a new album. Not a big deal, AT ALL, to me. 

2. Spelling school as SKOOL is SO F@ EMBARRASSING. I remember some time ago reading someone's comment on being an "Avril Lavigne" thing, and that person read my mind... lol It seems like a "School of Rock": movie thing (btw, I love that movie...) But no, not for a Guns n Roses title. The whole "fn" and "fam" and now "skool" now is just... I even don't have words... Fn was very cool back in the 90s... but its excess now is ridiculous, sorry. The "fam" is even more, and "skool" is beyond and above more. 

3. Get angry at me... (I don't give a f@) - I DIDNT LIKE THE SONG. Well, actually, I did like something: Slash's and Duff's parts. Chorus is great (Axl's voice... I LOVE that voice). I ended up never listening to this song before, but bc everyone was always so freaking crazy asking for it, I thought it was THE song. Shadow of your Love, over the new releases (not new, just never officially released), was 1 billion times better. The WHOLE song is great. Hard School (I refuse to type the other way, I'm not 12 years old) has excellent pieces, but as a whole is not a great song, in my opinion. 

Happy for you guys that are so happy about it. Happy for them (GnR) as they can make even more money from it... 

Will my opinion change the world? LOL, NO... Will this make me adore them less? NO... I just think there was too much anticipation for something that is not "THAT" good. Moving on.

Edited by ACDC8
typos and I don't care if more typos, you can get an idea
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, duffgnr86 said:

fuck the haters if you dont like it just don't listen to it and don't throw shit to whatever the band do.. old vocals, bad mix, ya yaya should be louder, guitar no soul, duff vocal should be up,  demo was better, etc etc ... why don't you just fuck off man.. we shouldn't have heard the leaks in first place. If they realease something new with vocals we've never heared before but were recorded in 2000 you wouldnt be crying

I mean, a bland song is a bland song, no matter by who or when or how it was made. And of course these are all just opinions and everyone has one (or multiple), nothing wrong with that.

6 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

I know the vast majority will hate my comments, but I don't give a crap - I've been a loyal fan of this band for the past 30+ years, I won't change because of the majority... 

1. "OMG... they released a new song... which is not technically new, but still.." - ok, cool, good for them, good for you, but to me, it will never be a new song because it is NOT a new song - never released it is very different than a "new" song. It will not turn my day from great to fantastic because of it. Sorry, I have VERY high standards, and a "never released song" is not a new album. Not a big deal, AT ALL, to me. 

Man, of course you are right, Oh My God IS an old song, I'm not sure what it has to do with Hard Skool though ,🤔

I kid of course, just messing with you. I disagree with your opinion, but it IS your opinion. 👍

10 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

2. Spelling school as SKOOL is SO F@ EMBARRASSING. I remember some time ago reading someone's comment on being an "Avril Lavigne" thing, and that person read my mind... lol It seems like a "School of Rock": movie thing (btw, I love that movie...) But no, not for a Guns n Roses title. The whole "fn" and "fam" and now "skool" now is just... I even don't have words... Fn was very cool back in the 90s... but its excess now is ridiculous, sorry. The "fam" is even more, and "skool" is beyond and above more. 

3. Get angry at me... (I don't give a f@) - I DIDNT LIKE THE SONG. Well, actually, I did like something: Slash's and Duff's parts. Chorus is great (Axl's voice... I LOVE that voice). I ended up never listening to this song before, but bc everyone was always so freaking crazy asking for it, I thought it was THE song. Shadow of your Love, over the new releases (not new, just never officially released), was 1 billion times better. The WHOLE song is great. Hard School (I refuse to type the other way, I'm not 12 years old) has excellent pieces, but as a whole is not a great song, in my opinion. 

Happy for you guys that are so happy about it. Happy for them (GnR) as they can make even more money from it... 

Will my opinion change the world? LOL, NO... Will this make me adore them less? NO... I just think there was too much anticipation for something that is not "THAT" good. Moving on.

Cool ranch dressing

Honestly, of you don't like the chorus of Hard Skool, I'm not sure if you really are a Guns n' Roses fan. It's up there with Anything Goes, Thinking Bout You, etc. Catchy but for all the right reasons. No, it's not top tier, (jungle, PC, etc). But it's good old gnr.

It reminds me of Ain't going down (Hard Skool overall) is anyone else getting those vibes. Which in 1995-2008, I would have LOVED for a proper release of Ain't going down. Anyone else see similarities?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

If you have such high standards, why would you possibly be in this dump talking about this band?  You should be on a King Crimson, Prince, or John Zorn forum like me.  Ditch these losers!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Axls5thMetatarsel said:

I heard “perhaps” awhile back tho not very clear audio. Was there any other names at which that one was going under?

I get lost in all the leak info which tracks have we still not even heard a leak of 

soul monster? Oklahoma?

Inject an album into my veins what a time to be alive gentlemen 

No other titles for Perhaps are known as of now.

Oklahoma was heard in the Village leaks as an instrumental (Axl said in the forum chats the title was then changed to Berlin).

Soul Monster is assumed to be Me & My Elvis from the Village leaks (instrumental too)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just listened to it in the car a few times at full volume from Spotify and JESUS the production on this is a mess. 

I agree. There's not enough low end in the first verse and it doesn't sound like there was too much processing done on the vocal track. The song itself is really good but the mix is super inconsistent. 

• Like 2

The chorus reminds me a LOT how I felt the first time I listened to Chinese Democracy on the way home from Best Buy. I remember my heart thumping when Axl started wailing then launched into “It don’t really mattah.” That’s how this “Jackie Chan” chorus always made me feel. It’s just that vintage Axl Rose vocal power.  No one could sing it quite like him, and he just elevates any material he sings on. Call that fanboyism. I don’t give a fuck. There’s a reason GNR have been my favorite band since I first heard “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and “Welcome to the Jungle” in the summer of ‘92. 

• Like 2

I may have the ‘GNR Jersey’ too much under my skin (sorry if the translation is not that good, it’s a Spanish word thing… it means I’m a huge fan and I may not be objective) but I think Hardschool is better than anything released by Bon Jovi of AC/DC in their last 3 records. And Hardschool is not even a top tier gnr song…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

I agree. There's not enough low end in the first verse and it doesn't sound like there was too much processing done on the vocal track. The song itself is really good but the mix is super inconsistent. 

What a bummer. The song IS really good but my God is the production a bummer. 

4 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

They need mIke Clink to produce.

Ding ding ding. 

• Like 3