Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Changed the title so as to not confuse people who don't live in Australia (or that part of the world).

Just wanted to make it clear that it appears this song is being officially released on the 24th.

--------------------

The song sounds like it came from and AFD session, with the guitar breakdown coming from the UYI era. 

Great song.  Love the opening base line.  Chorus vocals sound great.

Hopefully they break it out tonight in Columbus.  

Pretty much what I was going to write. Great little bass intro, vocals are fantastic, and yeah that guitar breakdown from like the two minute mark for 45 seconds is very UYI. Chills out a bit, like Locomotive outro or something? 

• Like 1

Sounding pretty good! Only heard it on that BitTube site so will not comment on mix etc. Will be interesting to hear how Axl does the chorus vocals live... The "more of a man" in the second verse sounds less raspy than the demo to my ears (admittedly, I haven't heard that version for a year or so) could he have recorded new verse vocals? Chorus is clearly the same.

16 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

Pretty much what I was going to write. Great little bass intro, vocals are fantastic, and yeah that guitar breakdown from like the two minute mark for 45 seconds is very UYI. Chills out a bit, like Locomotive outro or something? 

Yeah, some bluesy-twangy southern rock we haven't really heard from Guns since the UYI era.  I really missed the sound that's included in this track.  

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Well, where is my hat, that I should probably eat right now…? :lol:

Just listened through and I think I dig it. It still sounds like a lot is going on in the song, that I can’t make out, but I like it way more than Absurd. Who would’ve thought, two new GN’R songs actually released in 2021?

Edit. On second listen I can hear lots of soloing going on throughout the song. Is that Fortus shredding on the left side opposite Slash on the right side in parts too?

Overall, I think it’s pretty damn great. Axl sounds great throughout, though I’m not sure he could pull this off live.