Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

2 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I usually don't like making sweeping generalizations or painting everyone with the same brush, but, anyone here who was expecting anything different than what we're getting from Axl right now was setting themselves up for disappointment. 

I can empathize with being frustrated at the situation, but, any idea that they were going to get into a room together for six to eight months, write, rehearse, pre-produce, and record a brand new album from scratch is pure fantasy, at this point in their lives.

A lot of their contemporaries still make albums because it's all they've known since they were teenagers, and many of them also never stopped making albums.  They just sort of carried on. You have to want to do it for the love of it, because there's certainly no money in making a full album anymore.  Slash may operate that way in his solo career, but, that was never going to be GN'R. 

I get it. Axl will record in the studio for cartoons he likes but not for his band or gnr fans lol. Priorities hey.

Rest of the band have proven they have no issues making new music. 

• Like 4

Guys,you can't recreate AFD or UYI IN 2021.

People complained about overproduction in CD and now that we have a rocker closer than anything to AFD/UYI sound people still compain.

If we get an album sounding like Hard Skool it will be HUGE,soundwise,in 2021.

Rock on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jip said:

Guys,you can't recreate AFD or UYI IN 2021.

People complained about overproduction in CD and now that we have a rocker closer than anything to AFD/UYI sound people still compain.

If we get an album sounding like Hard Skool it will be HUGE,soundwise,in 2021.

Rock on

Say what you want about CD being over produced etc. BUT the final release wasn't as badly mixed (rushed I would say), clusterfuck, patchwork and mashup of different tracks like HS and Absurd. Even when it comes to artwork, it's obvious there is zero fucks given. HS coverart is taken from a stock image lol

This band is finished since 2012. There were some glimpes of excitement like the reunion in 2016 but that's it.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

I think people HAVE to find something to complain about this band for happiness. if they don't change the setlist, they complain. if they change, again, complains.

if they release something, complain the living crap out of if. if they dont release, complain 10 times more

GNR 2021 will never be or do something like 87 through 93, if you can guys can just accept that...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Say what you want about CD being over produced etc. BUT the final release wasn't as badly mixed (rushed I would say), clusterfuck, patchwork and mashup of different tracks like HS and Absurd.

This band is finished since 2012. There were some glimpes of excitement like the reunion in 2016 but that's it.

Guns is a huge as Zeppelin/Stones so they will keep touring as everyone.They will always have sold out arenas.If we get some new music i will gladly accept it.Simple as that

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

Black_Sabbath_13.jpg

Knew somebody was going to mention this one as soon as I typed that, but, come on?  No context and no comment?

#1 - Sabbath did it, sure, but, the band and the name Black Sabbath never really went away as a recording entity, did it? 

#2- Sabbath tried for over twenty years to record a reunion album, starting & stopping at least three times over the decades, before they finally hunkered down and got it done.  Also, they only re-united with Ozzy once Dio died, or else Heaven & Hell likely wouldn't have stopped.

#3 - Most importantly, IMO, Ozzy Tony or Geezer never stopped making recording and releasing albums like Axl did.  Say what you want about Ozzy on a reality show, or Ozzy's performances now, but, all three were ACTIVE recording and touring artists, each releasing numerous records, with numerous collaborators, for decades before reuniting.  Axl  stayed hunkered down in a bunker for nearly fifteen years, for the most part, second-guessing himself, and largely outside of the public eye, aside from a handful of tours.

Not even closely comparable.

3 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Knew somebody was going to mention this one as soon as I typed that, but, come on?  No context and no comment?

#1 - Sabbath did it, sure, but, the band and the name Black Sabbath never really went away as a recording entity, did it? 

#2- Sabbath tried for over twenty years to record a reunion album, starting & stopping at least three times over the decades, before they finally hunkered down and got it done.  Also, they only re-united with Ozzy once Dio died, or else Heaven & Hell likely wouldn't have stopped.

#3 - Most importantly, IMO, Ozzy Tony or Geezer never stopped making recording and releasing albums like Axl did.  Say what you want about Ozzy on a reality show, or Ozzy's performances now, but, all three were ACTIVE recording and touring artists, each releasing numerous records, with numerous collaborators, for decades before reuniting.  Axl  stayed hunkered down in a bunker for nearly fifteen years, for the most part, second-guessing himself, and largely outside of the public eye, aside from a handful of tours.

Not even closely comparable.

You're right about different contexts. In terms of activity, except Axl, the rest of the band has been as active as BS members mentioned above. But yeah I agree this is a very important factor.

11 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Say what you want about CD being over produced etc. BUT the final release wasn't as badly mixed (rushed I would say), clusterfuck, patchwork and mashup of different tracks like HS and Absurd. Even when it comes to artwork, it's obvious there is zero fucks given. HS coverart is taken from a stock image lol

So what are You doing here ?!? So lame  

• ABSUЯD 2

25 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Agreed, I think people here just like to complain about mixes endlessly. 

I’m sure if people go looking for things they could have done differently in the mix they’ll find them. But the song still kicks ass. 

Yep, that's exactly it. People are just looking for a reason to complain. It couldn't be that most or all of us know the difference between good mixing and bad mixing. 

Imagine coming here just to complain about something. That would be just as ridiculous as only visiting the site to look for something negative from the posters here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Just bought the single and sounds better than youtube vid. It's the first time that buy music digitally.

I've only listened through Spotify in the car so far and it was pretty bad sound wise. 

I'm looking forward to listening to it through my main stereo later from Tidal MQA. I'm hoping that'll help the sound. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

I've only listened through Spotify in the car so far and it was pretty bad sound wise. 

I'm looking forward to listening to it through my main stereo later from Tidal MQA. I'm hoping that'll help the sound. 

I don't have spotify account, allways buy music phisically (Don't know if it's correct, speak english very bad). Only heard the song through youtube.

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

Hard Skool is a great song!  Are we obligated to think it's perfect, though?

Definitely not, but honestly, based on how much diehards complains, I'm starting to actually buy into the whole "Axl is a perfectionist" shit and that's why releases haven't happened because daaaaamn, you definitely can't 100% please any of them.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I literally came here to post about the "car stereo" test. I know Axl brought that up around the release of ChiDem, saying he purposefully would play the songs on car stereos (or in strip clubs) to test the sound in different environments. Despite the "epic" production on that album's tracks, I can still enjoy listening to the tracks on crappy speakers or headphones. However, with Hard Skool especially I find my enjoyment of the song goes up exponentially when listening on superior speakers/headphones.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Well, I've noticed that just about everyone that doesn't like it is obsessed with the leaks and the previous version. That's a weird reality to have to live in. The leaks shouldn't exist and the band isn't going to go in and re-record every part just because you've already heard it. If Axl had re-recorded vocals, yet they were the exact same melodies and notes, the bitching would be "why record new vocals if they sound the same?!". Say what you want about "opinions", but a chunk of the negativity is just whining. Almost like some of you wished Slash/Duff would have stayed away. Then you would have your leaks and nothing else, because these clearly weren't ever going to see the light of day until now. You knew what you were getting with Hard Skool before it was even released...

I bet if this song was never on a leak and it was promoted as a new song, even with a BS photo of them in the studio, people would be dying over how amazing that is and would know no different. I put the song on, crank it up, and am enjoying the shit out of it. Sucks to be the people that want to nitpick that 20 fucking year old drums aren't on a track, while bashing great 20 year old vocal takes because of their age. That doesn't make sense. Can't have it both ways. 

I know this can be a mind-blowing concept to some here, but, opinions vary...Crazy!