Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

3 minutes ago, axljungle said:

I don't have spotify account, allways buy music phisically (Don't know if it's correct, speak english very bad). Only heard the song through youtube.

If/when it's available physically I'll buy it. I'd prefer vinyl but I'll buy it on CD if I have to. 

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

I literally came here to post about the "car stereo" test. I know Axl brought that up around the release of ChiDem, saying he purposefully would play the songs on car stereos (or in strip clubs) to test the sound in different environments. Despite the "epic" production on that album's tracks, I can still enjoy listening to the tracks on crappy speakers or headphones. However, with Hard Skool especially I find my enjoyment of the song goes up exponentially when listening on superior speakers/headphones.

Right on, I'm assuming I'll feel the same way later tonight when I get to test it through my main setup. 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Well, I've noticed that just about everyone that doesn't like it is obsessed with the leaks and the previous version. That's a weird reality to have to live in. The leaks shouldn't exist and the band isn't going to go in and re-record every part just because you've already heard it. If Axl had re-recorded vocals, yet they were the exact same melodies and notes, the bitching would be "why record new vocals if they sound the same?!". Say what you want about "opinions", but a chunk of the negativity is just whining. Almost like some of you wished Slash/Duff would have stayed away. Then you would have your leaks and nothing else, because these clearly weren't ever going to see the light of day until now. You knew what you were getting with Hard Skool before it was even released...

I bet if this song was never on a leak and it was promoted as a new song, even with a BS photo of them in the studio, people would be dying over how amazing that is and would know no different. I put the song on, crank it up, and am enjoying the shit out of it. Sucks to be the people that want to nitpick that 20 fucking year old drums aren't on a track, while bashing great 20 year old vocal takes because of their age. That doesn't make sense. Can't have it both ways. 

Agree 100%. There is no chance Axl would sound equal or better if he did new vocals on this song. He sounded great on the original leak. No need to mess with that. I'm glad we got Slash & Duff's additions on this new version. I'm glad we have the demo version as well. It's nice to have both versions. It's a kickass song, no matter which version. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Well, I've noticed that just about everyone that doesn't like it is obsessed with the leaks and the previous version. That's a weird reality to have to live in. The leaks shouldn't exist and the band isn't going to go in and re-record every part just because you've already heard it. If Axl had re-recorded vocals, yet they were the exact same melodies and notes, the bitching would be "why record new vocals if they sound the same?!". Say what you want about "opinions", but a chunk of the negativity is just whining. Almost like some of you wished Slash/Duff would have stayed away. Then you would have your leaks and nothing else, because these clearly weren't ever going to see the light of day until now. You knew what you were getting with Hard Skool before it was even released...

I bet if this song was never on a leak and it was promoted as a new song, even with a BS photo of them in the studio, people would be dying over how amazing that is and would know no different. I put the song on, crank it up, and am enjoying the shit out of it. Sucks to be the people that want to nitpick that 20 fucking year old drums aren't on a track, while bashing great 20 year old vocal takes because of their age. That doesn't make sense. Can't have it both ways. 

I wish the leaks didn't happen at all. 

I like the song, more than I thought I would. But my expectations were on low end after Absurd, and Hard Skool impressed me. 

Perhaps some of you should reevaluate your expectations perhaps? Guns are NEVER going to top Appetite, Jungle, PC, SCOM, NR, etc. It's just NOT going to happen, I've excepted that. But can they give us more music along the lines of Dont't Damn me, Garden or Eden, Right Next door to hell, Thinking bout you, etc? Before yesterday, I would have said no. But they did, I would ABSOLUTELY put Hard Skool next to the songs I just mentioned.

So in my book, it's a big win.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If/when it's available physically I'll buy it. I'd prefer vinyl but I'll buy it on CD if I have to. 

Right on, I'm assuming I'll feel the same way later tonight when I get to test it through my main setup. 

I hear ya. I avoid buying CD's at this point. Why even bother? If I want a physical item, vinyl for me as well. On top of that, I'll download it.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

Out of likes, but this is a great post.

I give no fucks that HS has an old vocal take. Why re-record it for the sake of it when it has a perfectly good vocal to begin with? I guess fans want some reassurance that Axl is still a studio singer, but I don't know why the likes of @Pele are so obsessed and convinced that Axl is incapable/unwilling to lay down new vocals. Where did he pull Rock The Rock from? His ass?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I disagree, for this band who refuse to put out regular material for 15 years then another 13 years i'm afraid we rely on leaks. 

12 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Out of likes, but this is a great post.

I give no fucks that HS has an old vocal take. Why re-record it for the sake of it when it has a perfectly good vocal to begin with? I guess fans want some reassurance that Axl is still a studio singer, but I don't know why the likes of @Pele are so obsessed and convinced that Axl is incapable/unwilling to lay down new vocals. Where did he pull Rock The Rock from? His ass?

I just want to make clear off the back of this post, I have zero problem with Axl using old vocal takes...in fact, I'd honestly prefer it, at this point.  I'd love to hear an album.  My recent comments are directed towards folks who clin(k)g to the notion that there's going to be a new record from scratch.  We all know brothaman Axl lacks the work ethic for that, but, honestly, who cares?

Use the vocal takes from when he was singing during whatever was left of his prime.  Who honestly knows what we'd get now, anyway?

Edited by oneway23

10 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I just want to make clear off the back of this post, I have zero problem with Axl using old vocal takes...in fact, I'd honestly prefer it, at this point.  I'd love to hear an album.  My recent comments are directed towards folks who clin(k)g to the notion that there's going to be a new record from scratch.  We all know brothaman Axl lacks the work ethic for that, but, honestly, who cares?

Use the vocal takes from when he was singing during whatever was left of his prime.  Who honestly knows what we'd get now, anyway?

For sure. I hear ya. I didn't mean to bring anyone down with my comments on the mix btw. I love the song anyway and I'll be cranking the hell out of it. There's PLENTY of music out there that I love but I don't love the production. This is just one of those songs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Hey man, I bought Oh My God the DAY it was released, as I have with ALL guns releases since 1994 or so. I've been a fan since 92, I don't need any guns n roses advice, I've seen it all, lol.  thanks though. 

You've seen it all - except all the unreleased songs that we've all heard?  Cool.

13 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I wonder if the technology exists to sample his voice from 1986-1994 and create a model that can be used to generate completely new vocals using the samples?