Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

13 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

One thing to keep in mind, is how much the music scene has changed since the 90's. When we talk about bands like Guns, their "B" songs would be "hits" in today's climate. That's why bands like Greta Van Fleet even exist, the competition for "old Skool" rock and roll isn't NEARLY as competitive as it was in 90's, let alone before then. Had Greta been a 70's band, they probably wouldn't even get signed. 

So a song that really rocks, getting released today is a pretty big deal (regardless of the band) imo. Which I'm sorry but an Illusion "B side" (which is where I would rank Hard Skool), is GREAT in 2021. 

I'm digging it.

Yeah, people shouldn't compare these singles with appetite or Uyi...

It's obviously we can't expect that, an lp full of hits, great choruses and solos, innovation in terms of music, memorable lyrics, etc. 

I just want the band to deliver a good rock album, I'm happy with a 3 star rated album

its okay, much prefer the better Chinese Democracy songs.

As an aside, ts strange, on spotify the song that comes after Hard Skool is always from the Use Your Illusion albums, man those are so underrated by the public its nuts! (not a hardcore fan these days so don't listen to GnR that often)

I think I need to do a repost.. 😉

Remember if this not was a stolen, sold and leaked song this would be a fresh and new song to everyone 😉 It's a new song for all the people outside this little community. 

No one complained when Don't Cry were released years after it was made 😊 just my thoughts. 

Bury the old demos and just enjoy this moment. But as usual everything need to be negative about this band. God will they ever do something right? The release a song.. And people just.. When is the next song coming? It should be Izzy.. The mixing is terrible.. Everything is wrong.. 

But I know for sure that I love this song and I don't care if it's old. I love this band and support them. And no one have the rights to demand anything from them. If you dont like it its pretty easy... 😉

Edited 23 hours ago by --DEA--

Edited by --DEA--

This is  a great song. I just listened to it in the car then YCBM came on, Hard Skool holds up and didn't feel out of place. Unlike oddballs like Absurd. This track is like Better. A good solid catchy rocker, ideal for a single. I'm still amazed to this day that Better wasn't the first single of CD. Anyway.... 

Also, worth noting that its so rare for a GNR track to be almost universally liked by this community.... cheers to that, something must be right!!! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

I think I need to do a repost.. 😉

Remember if this not was a stolen, sold and leaked song this would be a fresh and new song to everyone 😉 It's a new song for all the people outside this little community. 

No one complained when Don't Cry were released years after it was made 😊 just my thoughts. 

Bury the old demos and just enjoy this moment. But as usual Everything need to be negative about this band. God will they e er do something right? The release a song.. And people just.. When is the next song coming? It should be Izzy.. The mixing is terrible.. Everything is wrong.. 

But I know for sure that I love this song and I don't care if it's old. I love this band and support them. And no one have the rights to demand anything from them. If you dont like it its pretty easy... 😉

Yeah lol the “it sucks because it’s from the CD era!!!111” comments are just pathetic. 

AkTuAlLy iTz nOt A NeW SoNg :lol: People expecting an all new album warm my heart.

With all that said, I hate the drums and the mix. The mix is still better than the demo (for obvious reasons), but the drums are much better in the demo. The song had that vibe that is lost in the new version. I wish that Duff’s bass and backing vocals would be more audible.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, --DEA-- said:

If that's your prerogative, more kudos or power to you! 

I completely agree with you , no one have rights to demand anything from them... And they don't owe us anything. Like anyone can demand from fans and fans don't owe any band or artist, full support. 

Fans as artists are entitled to their opinions and their likes... 

It's a two way street... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

it's a mediocre  song.  I mean, be honest, this is no paradisce city, night train, jungle, etc etc etc.  

I’d contest there has been no rock album as good as AFD since haha but hey if this song gets Axl into the mood to release more then it did it’s job. Absolute travesty that that man hasn’t given more to music based on his level of songwriting talent.