Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

I wanted to think that Axl, Slash, Duff, and the rest of'em would enter a studio and record 100% new music. I guess before that happens, assuming it ever happens, Axl will insist on re visiting all the CD stuff that never made it to completion. These guy's aren't getting any younger, so i guess that plays a part. From a guitar stand point, Slash was putting out better stuff with Myles Kennedy, compared to covering/re_working Absurd, Hard Skool .. all the same, atleast new stuff is getting released :)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I am shocked a bunch of millionaires who are close to 60 won’t write tunes about what they see while struggling to survive in the street

The guy isn't saying to replicate the songs subject matter.. He is saying the song quality is nowhere near as good..  Is a song named "hard skool" with a high school locker logo and more and more fitting for a bunch of 60 year old guys? lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

If you play the rockers from Chinese Democracy, then follow it up with Hard Skool, man... Hard Skool is a heavy fucking hitter.

That's kinda what I'm saying. 

Let's go down memory lane, lol...

I remember buying Oh My God the day it dropped, and being SO HAPPY, because it was the first Guns n' Roses song since Sympathy for the Devil in early 94. Having said that (while I enjoy OMG for what it is), if I'm honest it's NOT what I wanted from guns n roses, I wanted Axl and Slash, rocking out. Having said that, I STILL called my local radio station and requested OMG for days.

Around the same time, I downloaded Ain't going down for the first time (back in the early days of downloading, in an old man now, lol). Anyways, Ain't going down WAS exactly what I wanted from a guns song, I SO wished it got proper lyrics and finished. 

Long story short, Hard Skool reminds me of Ain't going down, but better honestly (ain't going down was not a finished song). So, for me, hard Skool is the first REAL sounding guns song since ain't going down (which was only on a pinball machine).

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I was too, until Absurd was the first single of an eventual subsequent album over Hard Skool. :D

Yeah.... i mean, that's one of weird ones I'll never get my head around! Of all the songs, why the hell would they pick silkworms to release. It's been crap since 2001. 😂 Even the slash/duff treatment can't do anything for it. 

Hard Skool however is spot on. 👍👌

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aure69 said:

1000x1000-000000-80-0-0-201_bestFit_600x

Let's talk about artwork, we have :

- recycled GNR art (GNFNRS graffiti from UYI era, GNR was here from AFD era, GNR logo)

- school them art ( campus typo fro Hard Skool, locker picture)

- usual GNR sexual joke

- but what is the S in the top left corner, I don't think this is random, this must be related to something ?

Btw, has anyone in the US tried to call the number ? You can actually see it in its entirety in the video on GnR's Youtube channel...

52 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

it's a mediocre  song.  I mean, be honest, this is no paradisce city, night train, jungle, etc etc etc.  

I think being honest and getting away from the relief and excitement of more official music....It is a 6/10 song, there are some cool parts but I also said that about the demo. Vocal melody was bland on the demo and it's the same now, chorus is decent but it's kinda like a pre chorus yet the song never really goes to that next gear, instead they slowed the song down?? I mean if there's a slow section then there needs to get some sort of melodic pull... and Slash's solo is quite poor. I get the restrained thing, but it doesn't work here especially when you have the drums playing as heavy as it gets underneath. In my opinion one of Slash's most underwhelming solos. 

Don't care that the vocals are 21yrs old. Think the mix is fine, not as good as CD and in general the song is grand but they could have easily made something far greater. Hopefully the next songs aren't perhaps or Atlas, gnr need a 10/10 killer next. I am starting to get worried for the rest of the album... I'm also kinda hoping that now this is just a stop gap ep

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed in the Twitter comments, someone tagged Bumblefoot joking that he leaked HardSkool years ago and Bumble responded laughing saying he would never leak music :rofl-lol:

3 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Btw, has anyone in the US tried to call the number ? You can actually see it in its entirety in the video on GnR's Youtube channel...

In Facebook comments someone said they called it and it was a sex chat line :shock:

• ABSUЯD 1