Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

2 minutes ago, Syk said:

Nope out on the GNR web store.

Hasn't been announced anywhere as far as I can see. I went to the shop with the hopes it would be there, and sure enough it was. Also some 30th anniversary UYI stuff.

True, on the US store. I had checked the european one and wasn't there. However, it says estimated shipping date June 24 2022

3 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah they matured into writing about their times at Skool and a biology experiment involving maggots that went horribly wrong. The growth is inspiring. 

Check out duffs last solo album. If they wanted to write or touch on real world stuff they still can. Seems like Hard Skool is just a quick fun song for them. 

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

True, on the US store. I had checked the european one and wasn't there. However, it says estimated shipping date June 24 2022

Wow didn't even realize that. I'll probably hold off until there's a pressing number figured out.

1 minute ago, Syk said:

Wow didn't even realize that. I'll probably hold off until there's a pressing number figured out.

Also, the b-side of the 7" is Absurd, but a live version. That could mean they are working on something bigger. If it was just those two songs and nothing else, they would have used the studio version of Absurd as the b-side.

Just now, Twinaleblood said:

Also, the b-side of the 7" is Absurd, but a live version. That could mean they are working on something bigger. If it was just those two songs and nothing else, they would have used the studio version of Absurd as the b-side.

Interestingly enough the CD version has Absurd, Hard Skool, Don't Cry (Live), and You're Crazy (Live)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

why the fuck is a 7” vinyl selling for $30? It's not shipping out until June but that doesn't shock me since the pandemic messed everything up with the vinyl factories.

I guess it's just because of the demand. They know it will be the most requested format and they will try to milk as much money from it as possible. And they put studio Absurd and the other live tracks on the cd to give people a reason to buy that "not so much liked anymore" format too.

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

Of course the new Coldplay song with BTS has been out 19 hours as well and it has 15 million views…so there is room for improvement.

It's just not realistic to expect those kind of numbers from GN'R at this point. They are a legacy band with a strong audience but they will never match what current acts are doing. They have to be judged at a different standard. 

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm most interested in the live version of You're Crazy... not a bad little EP to drop before an album comes out next year :awesomeface:

I wonder which shows they are sourcing the live tracks from. I heard a couple versions of Crazy and they were rough...

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Give it a shot, I was pleasantly surprised. It sounds better than anything off CD.

I'm kinda loving it now :slash:

Ah now, I know you don't like Chinese! but let's be reasonable!😄 Good song but if it was on Chinese it's in the discussion for top 4 rockers on the album, not best song on the album!

The rocker order would go 1. Chinese 2. Better  3. Shacklers 4. Hard Skool ...it's better than Scraped and Rhiad though!😜 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Ah now, I know you don't like Chinese! but let's be reasonable!😄 Good song but if it was on Chinese it's in the discussion for top 4 rockers on the album, not best song on the album!

The rocker order would go 1. Chinese 2. Better  3. Shacklers 4. Hard Skool ...it's better than Scraped and Rhiad though!😜 

I’d actually rate this the number 1 rocker from CD!

Miles above anything on that album (and I love CD), way more immediate and has a strong chorus. 

23 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I think it’s too early to tell but it seems to be doing pretty well. 300,000+ views on YouTube the last 19 hours seems to be a fairly good start. Of course the new Coldplay song with BTS has been out 19 hours as well and it has 15 million views…so there is room for improvement. 

I heard of Coldplay but what in the world is BTS?

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If I had to compare with those tracks, beyond any doubt the only song that stand a chance is Better.

And as a rocker, Hard Skool more appealing to wider audiences.

better is a more complex song. 

The rest of the material had aged very very bad (refering to those songs you mentioned, I still love a lot of stuff on the CD, specially Prostitute).

46 minutes ago, History2010 said:

why the fuck is a 7” vinyl selling for $30? It's not shipping out until June but that doesn't shock me since the pandemic messed everything up with the vinyl factories.

I think they may have mixed up the price of the 7" single with that of a full length LP.

Which begs the question: Could there be a full length LP before the end of this year?

18 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I think it’s too early to tell but it seems to be doing pretty well. 300,000+ views on YouTube the last 19 hours seems to be a fairly good start. Of course the new Coldplay song with BTS has been out 19 hours as well and it has 15 million views…so there is room for improvement. 

Coldplay are also happy to promote and work so that media outlets regularly play and write about their new material. They also have videos to supplement the music and they teamed up with a hip younger group. Coldplay are also much, much bigger with a wider audience.

I am not totally sure GNR are trying to compete though, I mean if they are, this is embarrassing😅 They haven't a music video or lyric video, they have barely acknowledged the song(s) outside of a few tweets and Axl introing Absurd live on the debut 

2 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I think they may have mixed up the price of the 7" single with that of a full length LP.

Which begs the question: Could there be a full length LP before the end of this year?

The price of the 7'' has dropped and it's $18 now. See the separate thread:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/224710-physical-copies-of-hard-skool-available-for-pre-order/