Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

22 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

I dont listen leaks. I never heard any of this songs cause it is something that is not finished and I have tons of other finished song from other performers that I can listen to. 

Leaks were the only thing keeping my GNR fandom alive in 2006/2007 and 2018/2019, if they are out there I have no qualms listening to them.  Not saying the act of leaking is right, but if the cat is already out of the bag I am gonna check it out lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I haven't heard the leaks. Don't know where to find them 🤷‍♂️🙁. I enjoy this hot take on them though. I see tons of praise for songs that sound like people are calling "epic" big guns. If there's anything this band needs is less of those and more songs like Hard Skool. A couple epics per album is plenty, I don't need half an album of them.

What?!

What songs from the leaks are people calling 'epic big guns' because you're gonna be very disappointed!!

'State of Grace' is the best but has mumbled unfinished vocals in the verses.

'Perhaps' isn't bad.  Just a decent, mediocre piano based song.

'Atlas' is dreadful.

'Eye on You' is unfinished and probably worse than My World (unless you think Axl rapping 'you might think you're bad but I'm the macdaddy' is cool

'Nothing' is poor and nowhere near finished.

'Quick Song' doesn't have rel vocals, just Axl shouting woo0woo.

The rest are instrumentals that he hasn't touched.

Where the hell are the 'epic big guns' coming from?

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Leaks were the only thing keeping my GNR fandom alive in 2006/2007 and 2018/2019, if they are out there I have no qualms listening to them.  Not saying the act of leaking is right, but if the cat is already out of the bag I am gonna check it out lol

Also, a starving Cat would eat any mouse. 

Just now, Pele said:

What?!

What songs from the leaks are people calling 'epic big guns' because you're gonna be very disappointed!!

'Atlas' is dreadful.

'Eye on You' is unfinished and probably worse than My World (unless you think Axl rapping 'you might think you're bad but I'm the macdaddy' is cool

The General, Prostitute, Soul Monster, There Was A Time, Madagascar 

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Also, a starving Cat would eat any mouse. 

The General, Prostitute, Soul Monster, There Was A Time, Madagascar 

No, the person was talking about the leaks - said they'd heard there were 'tons of big guns' on the Village Sessions

I like Hard Skool, im happy it has been oficially released. Listening to Slash in a new GNR tune is awesome! I have no beef with Axl releasing the best songs from the CD era with Slash and Duff as they bring the GNR sound I love.  I would like to forget the 2001-2014 period really, it mostly sucked! I hope they release CD tracks live with Slash and Duff (Sorry, Madagascar, TWAT, CD, Better). After this a proper new record would be awesome but im not sure it will happen. Oh and Absurd is ok, I was baffled as to why they released it first but whatever.  Keep the tracks coming with 99 Axl vocals or not! 

25 minutes ago, Pele said:

No, the person was talking about the leaks - said they'd heard there were 'tons of big guns' on the Village Sessions

but we all know some of these songs aren't complete wasn't atlas cut from chidem at the last minute a other songs would be perfect Perhaps was cut my guess maybye it got rework with dj and bumble round 2009-2010 State of grace just needed the vocals finished and a solo Nothing is intresting but why not turn it into a song like patience eye on you got reworked to macdaddy as we all know quick song is alright the vocals should make it good imo but what about other songs like P.R.L or Thyme i heard them a while back same as Inside out they sounded like absurd does now but without vocals i think the General was done round 99 but got reworked from 2002-2006 but who knows

but pele criticizing demos is fucking hilarious if anyone asks me

Edited by kingcanyon

1 hour ago, opalho said:

My big question is when they are going to incorporate "Hard Skool" into their setlists. And if it's going to replace "Absurd" or not. I didn't initially get tickets, but if I soon start seeing this rocker in setlists, I think I'm going to do every fucking thing I can to get to a show. 

H:headbang:

Makes no sense remove Absurd . Why would you stop playing one "new" song when You only have 2? In a normal world every band would play both new songs every show but this is GNR we are talking about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

What?!

'Atlas' is dreadful.

Jeezo man - how can you possibly know he hasn’t touched any of the instrumentals?

I personally really like Perhaps and Atlas….all about opinions.

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I haven't heard the leaks. Don't know where to find them 🤷‍♂️🙁. I enjoy this hot take on them though. I see tons of praise for songs that sound like people are calling "epic" big guns. If there's anything this band needs is less of those and more songs like Hard Skool. A couple epics per album is plenty, I don't need half an album of them.

It’s funny - but I’m on the ‘I’d prefer more epics with a few Hard Skools’ side of the fence. In my head it’s partially because I can see them being able to do them justice better as they approach their latter years (which is quite something bearing in mind I’m talking about hypothetical songs we haven’t even heard yet 🤣).

I really like Hard Skool though. 

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Makes no sense remove Absurd . Why would you stop playing one "new" song when You only have 2? In a normal world every band would play both new songs every show but this is GNR we are talking about

Fair point. 

26 minutes ago, MattleyCrue said:

Hard skool has been on repeat for 2 days straight ❤️

That's what we like to see :headbang:

9 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I’ll bite. All due respect to him, it’s silly to call yourself a fan of a band, visit band forums, then pretend like you won’t or refuse to listen to a new single. It’s not even four minutes long. Maybe cause I’m a music lover, but when a band I’m into drops new music, I seek it out. When its my favorite band and they rarely drop new music, I stop everything to listen. It just reeks of self righteousness to be all, “I’ll listen when I get around to it, I guess. Maybe.” Yet he’s on a 74-page thread on a fan forum discussing the fuckin’ song.  Huge disconnect there for me.  

I agree. If you're going to be talking about it on a forum then at least listen to it once so you know what's going on.

I've had it on repeat all day yesterday and today, played through my computer speakers at work, in the car, and a few different headphones. The Spotify track sounds better than the bittube leak so I take back some of what I said earlier about the mix, however, it still has room for improvement. It's up to almost 400k plays on Spotify (many of which are mine hehe) so it might overtake Absurd in the next couple weeks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

I dont listen leaks. I never heard any of this songs cause it is something that is not finished and I have tons of other finished song from other performers that I can listen to. 

It is finished... Maybe not a final mix but at least the first two cds from the Village leaks are finished cds with finished songs

50 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If someone doesn’t want to listen to the song, let them be. I am the biggest fan of the CD era and I won’t judge someone for a second if they’re not. @Tom-Assand I don’t always agree but he’s 100% a fan and his opinions are pretty fair.

Have nothing against people that don't wanna listen or dont care about Hard Skool or Absurd... I just dont get why waste time saying "im not listening because of this and this and this" just dont listen, no need to post about it

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 2:47 AM, 19AT5 said:

It really is bad. There's a fuck load of additional unneccessary crap underneath during the middle breakdown and the last chorus. That amount of compression should also be illegal! 

Totally agree, song is too compressed and unnecessary loud. 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, 19AT5 said:

Error

On 9/25/2021 at 4:28 AM, dario27 said:

It's Guns N' Roses m8

The band with the most miserable fan base

Most just want to listen to another November Rain, SCOM "but new"... 

😁

Not the most miserable fan base, that award goes to the Pumpkins fan base lol. People here give critical analysis, some are baseless, however some is very good, and believe the band can do better. 

The critrical analysis for this thread has nothing to do with people wanting a new RN/SCOM as we already got that and it's called TWAT/prostitute/the blues(josh drums) and Madagascar. People are pissed that the mythical checkmate, is poorly mixed, compressed/overly loud, and sounds like the verse vocals were recorded in the tardis 😂.

In comparison, focus your ears on the individual tracks of Down On The Farm from TSI, then the individual tracks from HS, and see if the quality is the same. One sounds like a band is in the room, the other sounds like.......... We'll... 

• Like 1