Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 hour ago, Pele said:

What?!

What songs from the leaks are people calling 'epic big guns' because you're gonna be very disappointed!!

'State of Grace' is the best but has mumbled unfinished vocals in the verses.

'Perhaps' isn't bad.  Just a decent, mediocre piano based song.

'Atlas' is dreadful.

'Eye on You' is unfinished and probably worse than My World (unless you think Axl rapping 'you might think you're bad but I'm the macdaddy' is cool

'Nothing' is poor and nowhere near finished.

'Quick Song' doesn't have rel vocals, just Axl shouting woo0woo.

The rest are instrumentals that he hasn't touched.

Where the hell are the 'epic big guns' coming from?

Jeezo man - how can you possibly know he hasn’t touched any of the instrumentals?

I personally really like Perhaps and Atlas….all about opinions.

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

I haven't heard the leaks. Don't know where to find them 🤷‍♂️🙁. I enjoy this hot take on them though. I see tons of praise for songs that sound like people are calling "epic" big guns. If there's anything this band needs is less of those and more songs like Hard Skool. A couple epics per album is plenty, I don't need half an album of them.

It’s funny - but I’m on the ‘I’d prefer more epics with a few Hard Skools’ side of the fence. In my head it’s partially because I can see them being able to do them justice better as they approach their latter years (which is quite something bearing in mind I’m talking about hypothetical songs we haven’t even heard yet 🤣).

I really like Hard Skool though. 

2 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Makes no sense remove Absurd . Why would you stop playing one "new" song when You only have 2? In a normal world every band would play both new songs every show but this is GNR we are talking about

Fair point. 

26 minutes ago, MattleyCrue said:

Hard skool has been on repeat for 2 days straight ❤️

That's what we like to see :headbang:

9 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I’ll bite. All due respect to him, it’s silly to call yourself a fan of a band, visit band forums, then pretend like you won’t or refuse to listen to a new single. It’s not even four minutes long. Maybe cause I’m a music lover, but when a band I’m into drops new music, I seek it out. When its my favorite band and they rarely drop new music, I stop everything to listen. It just reeks of self righteousness to be all, “I’ll listen when I get around to it, I guess. Maybe.” Yet he’s on a 74-page thread on a fan forum discussing the fuckin’ song.  Huge disconnect there for me.  

I agree. If you're going to be talking about it on a forum then at least listen to it once so you know what's going on.

I've had it on repeat all day yesterday and today, played through my computer speakers at work, in the car, and a few different headphones. The Spotify track sounds better than the bittube leak so I take back some of what I said earlier about the mix, however, it still has room for improvement. It's up to almost 400k plays on Spotify (many of which are mine hehe) so it might overtake Absurd in the next couple weeks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

I dont listen leaks. I never heard any of this songs cause it is something that is not finished and I have tons of other finished song from other performers that I can listen to. 

It is finished... Maybe not a final mix but at least the first two cds from the Village leaks are finished cds with finished songs

50 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If someone doesn’t want to listen to the song, let them be. I am the biggest fan of the CD era and I won’t judge someone for a second if they’re not. @Tom-Assand I don’t always agree but he’s 100% a fan and his opinions are pretty fair.

Have nothing against people that don't wanna listen or dont care about Hard Skool or Absurd... I just dont get why waste time saying "im not listening because of this and this and this" just dont listen, no need to post about it

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 2:47 AM, 19AT5 said:

It really is bad. There's a fuck load of additional unneccessary crap underneath during the middle breakdown and the last chorus. That amount of compression should also be illegal! 

Totally agree, song is too compressed and unnecessary loud. 

On 9/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, 19AT5 said:

Error

On 9/25/2021 at 4:28 AM, dario27 said:

It's Guns N' Roses m8

The band with the most miserable fan base

Most just want to listen to another November Rain, SCOM "but new"... 

😁

Not the most miserable fan base, that award goes to the Pumpkins fan base lol. People here give critical analysis, some are baseless, however some is very good, and believe the band can do better. 

The critrical analysis for this thread has nothing to do with people wanting a new RN/SCOM as we already got that and it's called TWAT/prostitute/the blues(josh drums) and Madagascar. People are pissed that the mythical checkmate, is poorly mixed, compressed/overly loud, and sounds like the verse vocals were recorded in the tardis 😂.

In comparison, focus your ears on the individual tracks of Down On The Farm from TSI, then the individual tracks from HS, and see if the quality is the same. One sounds like a band is in the room, the other sounds like.......... We'll... 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, ChrisMaciel said:

Fortus mentioned, before Reunion, that some of the Chinese tracks whey were working had initial ideias by old members. Maybe this one of them.

Hard Skool was called Jackie Chan when it leaked.  It had that name because it was supposed to be for a Jackie Chan movie.

There is a video (link below) of a '96 interview of Duff and he talks there about them (him, Slash, and Axl) getting back together to work on songs and ALSO this song for a Jackie Chan movie.  So they have worked on Hard Skool back at that time.

By the way, when the guys play Absurd live, they play with so much energy! They are completely enjoying playing that song.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1776500235915125/permalink/3166789533552848/

Better link here for those not in the group above. The relevant part starts at 7:20 and goes through 8:40.

Edited by MarHin22
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MarHin22 said:

Hard Skool was called Jackie Chan when it leaked.  It had that name because it was supposed to be for a Jackie Chan movie.

There is a video (link below) of a '96 interview of Duff and he talks there about them (him, Slash, and Axl) getting back together to work on songs and ALSO this song for a Jackie Chan movie.  So they have worked on Hard Skool back at that time.

I was recently told that Hard Skool in an early form was never intended for a JC movie, but got that working title because Axl was watching a JC movie at the time. 

It is possible Duff misunderstood, or that he is talking about another song. 

• Like 2

After all this time waiting for a new song, I put it off for almost 2 days so it could get my full attention  :lol: thats some Axl shit right there.

I have to say I’m loving it. It’s very…sneaky catchy? And had a nice groove.

A little bit of bass and high volume sounds really good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarHin22 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Absurd was also from that time and that's why these are being released. When the guys play Absurd live, they play with so much energy! They are completely enjoying playing that 

Axl said before silkworms in 2001 it was put together by Chris pitman and dizzy reed

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Jeezo man - how can you possibly know he hasn’t touched any of the instrumentals?

I personally really like Perhaps and Atlas….all about opinions.

We know me and my Elvis/soul monster has vocals because Axl’a said he recorded them on Christmas Eve and described them as something along the lines of the heaviest vocals he’s recorded (I forget the exact quote).

Also how many Chinese democracy songs weren’t included in the leaks or didn’t have vocals? He obviously finished those. The leaks are from 22 years ago you really think all hasn’t laid down vocals in that long??

9 minutes ago, liers said:

We know me and my Elvis/soul monster has vocals because Axl’a said he recorded them on Christmas Eve and described them as something along the lines of the heaviest vocals he’s recorded (I forget the exact quote).

Also how many Chinese democracy songs weren’t included in the leaks or didn’t have vocals? He obviously finished those. The leaks are from 22 years ago you really think all hasn’t laid down vocals in that long??

This guy is a bad faith troll that's been spamming the board for weeks now. As I've said in a previous post, it would be one thing to argue Axl didn't finish the song, to say that Axl literally lied about singing the Soul Monster bridge is just ludicrous trolling. If we hadn't gotten the cell phone recording of The General he'd be saying that doesn't have vocals either.