Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

I’m still waiting for the production credits. I’m expecting to see:

Produced and mixed by Axl and Fernando using GarageBand on iOS

45 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Couldn’t agree more on that horrendous 30 second drop. Not sure why they didn’t put in a kick ass Slash solo there. 

Do you mean the slide solo? I honestly think that’s the most interesting Slash part on the track. The rest of his playing sounds uninspired and predictable. It’s not bad but typical Slash noodling, nothing special about it.

11 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

There are production credits - not on Spotify, etc., but in the press release: "produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo".

8 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's almost an insult to GarageBand.

I honestly think if they’d given me the vocal track and instrumental for Absurd I could have done a better cut and paste job on GarageBand. I’d have lined the vocal track up properly on Verse 1 & 2 for a start!

32 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

I honestly think if they’d given me the vocal track and instrumental for Absurd I could have done a better cut and paste job on GarageBand. I’d have lined the vocal track up properly on Verse 1 & 2 for a start!

I don’t subscribe to the opinion that it’s a mistake - It’s just off-kilter and fits the punky ethos the track has. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marksam91 said:

I've listened to it quite a few times over the last days and it is a solid track. Like a few people said, the production is weird; the track sounds pretty bad on my speakers but it is much better through headphones. 

While the track has overall improved with each new listen, the breakdown/slow section has done the opposite. Everytime I listen to Hard Skol, my mind keeps on expecting a long solo to kick in and then the song just stops for about 30 seconds. Really hurts its momentum and, IMO, doesn't fit the lyrics or the rest of the track. To be honest, the breakdown reminds me of those parts in concerts when a song is stopped flat so the singer can give a shout out to the different band members.

the breakdownsection really breaks the song down. anything else - productionwise - i can forgive, but those 30 seconds (feels longer than kohd live)  after the cool solo-start by slash really macdaddy the fun out of it and kill the dynamics ...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I don’t subscribe to the opinion that it’s a mistake - It’s just off-kilter and fits the punky ethos the track has. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We will probably have to agree to disagree on that one. If it was intentional he would sing it that way live (out of sync) and verse 3 would be in the same place. It just sounds like sloppy mixing to me.

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

We will probably have to agree to disagree on that one. If it was intentional he would sing it that way live (out of sync) and verse 3 would be in the same place. It just sounds like sloppy mixing to me.

No worries mate - it is what it is and who knows really. 👍

1 hour ago, GNFNRUK said:

Do you mean the slide solo? I honestly think that’s the most interesting Slash part on the track. The rest of his playing sounds uninspired and predictable. It’s not bad but typical Slash noodling, nothing special about it.

I think the rest of his playing is totally ok and I'm as well of the opinion that he could have step up a notch with his solo instead of switching to the slide guitar, but seemingly they decided to go the route with the break down

1 hour ago, GNFNRUK said:

How would you go about singing it out of sync live? That's  literally impossible unless someone else is coming in over the top in that particular line. It was intentional. I can't believe people keep saying that part of Absurd is a mistake when all they had to do is copy and paste the final verse to "correct it." lol

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

How would you go about singing it out of sync live? That's  literally impossible unless someone else is coming in over the top in that particular line. It was intentional. I can't believe people keep saying that part of Absurd is a mistake when all they had to do is copy and paste the final verse to "correct it." lol

But then why have verse 3 in what sounds like the correct place?? If it was intentional surely all 3 verses would be the same? It just sounds very odd the way it is now and if it was intentional I think it was a bad choice.

• Like 1

Always liked the song even from the leaks, but the copy/paste and 20+ year old vocals really don't sit right with me. 18mts in lockdown and Axl couldnt even be bothered to do a new vocal track. 

Of all the ways we could've gotten new music, this has to be the least satisfying: CD leftovers that we've already heard even down to the vocal take. 

Pure baffling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I left of on page 40 before the weekend and don’t wanna scroll. Did we ever figure out who’s on drums and if fortus or bucket is on guitar at all?

Nothing is 100 percent confirmed but I think the general consensus (and my own view as well) is that it is Slash on all guitars and Frank on drums

Edit:  as @gunsguyposted below, it seems that Richard has confirmed he is on it - wanted to edit this post just to make sure that info is highlighted and known (my theory was not all correct it seems lol)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1