Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

2 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Is Frank on Drums? I thought it was the same take as the '99 leaks with Slash on Duff re-recording their parts.

It is the same vocal take but everything else instrumentally is different, including the drums

One of the reasons why, as opposed to Absurd which used Brain's existing drums for example, is the major arrangement changes done to HS.  New intro, extra solo breaks in between the choruses and the next verses, a completely new bridge, etc. 

Edited by WhazUp

2 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

But then why have verse 3 in what sounds like the correct place?? If it was intentional surely all 3 verses would be the same? It just sounds very odd the way it is now and if it was intentional I think it was a bad choice.

That's cool to think it was a bad artistic choice. I have no idea why they did it this way. Maybe they liked the frenetic energy of it being slightly out of sync till the final repeated verse where it's "in sync" and "screaming" is clearly heard. 

But seriously, to say it's a mistake is laughable. You think they all listened to this song and not one person noticed it? It's intentional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

4ths recorded HS

0E597EA2-D2FF-498A-BA16-FE7CBDC2A543.jpeg

Huh, well color me surprised!  I was wrong on that one it looks like, will totally admit that lol.  One thing is for sure, he does a great job at blending with Slash's sound in a way that is very nondescript. 

Which I suppose bodes well in the long run, I like all the guitar parts on HS and they all sound cohesive as opposed to two lead players going at it so Fortus did a good job with that

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

19 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Good job @Voodoochild it is 4tus looks like

This sounds awesome, great playing @Voodoochild

1 hour ago, gunsguy said:

4tus recorded HS

0E597EA2-D2FF-498A-BA16-FE7CBDC2A543.jpeg

So is he the left channel then? Because the tone and overall playing sound more like Slash to me. I'll have to listen again with headphones.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

But then why have verse 3 in what sounds like the correct place?? If it was intentional surely all 3 verses would be the same? It just sounds very odd the way it is now and if it was intentional I think it was a bad choice.

Yep, it’s absolutely a mistake 

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Thank you! Yeah, I'll edit the description there. I thought it was him because of how the little fills sounded. Didn't know it would be a Firebird sound, tho.

Oh that is you in the vid? Nice job dude!  Wish we could jam on that tune right now haha

• GNFNR 1

With the physical release and all the new merch and marketing for HardSkool now (including the time square ad) I’m definitely convinced now that they released Absurd first just to make HardSkool look better in the long run.

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

On the ITunes top songs chart it was at #8 on Friday and #1 on the rock list. It’s now at #27 on the main list and #2 on the rock list. 

Nice!

16 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yep, that's me. Thanks! :)

Haha, that would be nice. Maybe when I get to LA in November, if everything goes with the plan. 

I had no idea you were that guy! We exchanged comments on youtube regarding that HS backing track you used at first. Glad we got the official release now haha

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Haha 1

Just now, James Bond said:

So much bullshit. As if there aren't hundreds of other Guns guitar covers on YouTube the slide on by.

Yeah and I understand they felt I was doing something wrong when I posted Perhaps and HS rehearsal, but fuck, this one got released. There's tons of guitar covers of this song already.