Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Now in the live version it did sound like "we live(d) in".

I think Axl's enunciation was poor in parts of that first performance. When he sings that specific line, he makes a lifting motion with his right hand, which seems to suggest that the live lyrics remain 'storm is liftin'. He just doesn't enunciate it properly.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

Richard confirmed he’s on the track! Awesome, sounds great with Slash

45 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I wonder how much influence Slash and Duff had on this restructuring in the song...because just food for thought, what if Axl and co already re-worked it in the mid 2000's, like when they reworked Absurd for the Bumblefoot demo. 

Very possible 

No one talked about this track really ever. I wonder if it was considered to be a B side or something of the such. Axl never really seemed excited by it which is why I think it took so long for this song to be played live. Never talked about it besides addressing the name. I think since he was trying to be innovative in the CD era he wasn’t too inspired by this track since it sounded like old Guns. These are just my two cents but I get the feeling Axl doesn’t care that much about this song.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WVsax27 said:

Fantano didn't like it. but I guess he didn't need to cover it in the first place so :shrugs:

I wasn't expecting him to like it tbh. He called it badly performed rock lol. 

16 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

On the ITunes top songs chart it was at #8 on Friday and #1 on the rock list. It’s now at #27 on the main list and #2 on the rock list. 

Today it’s at the same place on the rock list, but now down to #40 on the main list. Which is unique as pretty much all of the top 10 from Friday is still there except GNR which dropped 32 spots. Hopefully it’s getting radio play to  resuscitate it. 

I've been going to "recently played" sections on rock station websites across the country and can't find Hard Skool being played anywhere. Usually reunited bands get that one comeback single that gets a lot of airplay but that slot may have been taken already by SOYL, which hit #5 on rock radio back in 2018.

36 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I've been going to "recently played" sections on rock station websites across the country and can't find Hard Skool being played anywhere. Usually reunited bands get that one comeback single that gets a lot of airplay but that slot may have been taken already by SOYL, which hit #5 on rock radio back in 2018.

My friend said he heard it a few times on the radio around here the day it was released.. I know people here are excited but don't really think there is a huge buzz around the song.. Not everyone is excited about a partilly reworked NuGnR demos..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No one talked about this track really ever. I wonder if it was considered to be a B side or something of the such. Axl never really seemed excited by it which is why I think it took so long for this song to be played live. Never talked about it besides addressing the name. I think since he was trying to be innovative in the CD era he wasn’t too inspired by this track since it sounded like old Guns. These are just my two cents but I get the feeling Axl doesn’t care that much about this song.

Why would release it????

I heard it on Sirius this morning. It'll probably fizzle out the way Van Halen's album full of re-worked demos did. Either way, it was nice to hear something other than Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City or November Rain on Sirius. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Planet Rock in UK has played it only once 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, --DEA-- said:

Yes! A little shorter. 

Cool - I know it’s about 30 seconds shorter but I didn’t think it was a different mix also.  A few folk on here were noting how unhappy they were with the original mix from the Friday release so hopefully it’s a bit better.

2 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Let's be honest, the average rock fan (not hardcore GnR fan) has no idea when Axl did vocals and when everything came together. They just know it's a new Guns song that has Axl and Slash on it.

If Guns want this to be big, they should do the normal marketing that any other band does, by doing interviews, late night appearances, etc.

Agreed , although I will say that  HS got a lot of new articles written about its release, but virtually all of them right away mention that it’s a leftover track from the CD sessions/era. Many people likely read that and any enthusiasm that might have existed to check out a “new” song dissipates rather quickly. Even if they may have heard/liked CD it still comes across as lazy, stale and uncreative to only release a few “new” songs that weren’t even good enough 13 years ago. 

• Like 2