Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

I heard it for the first time in radio today and although I knew it was shortened I was bummed that they cut the best part of the guitar solo. Crazy to cut that part...

I have not heard the radio edit.

The one area of the song that could use fixing, is the moment i refer to as the lull. The long'ish quiet section, that fails to fit. It becomes all the more apparent during live performances. Looking forward to what GN'R has to offer next :)

37 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Passed 1,000,000 views on the official audio today (woo hoo :headbang:)

I really hope they release anything for an official video to help boost the single, and get the song in some spotify rock playlists ASAP.

Interviews would also help, why does Axl hate promoting songs he spends decades on?

It's at almost 1M plays on Spotify, and it's featured in this playlist (GnR on the cover):

Well, regarding my previous posts about losing my YouTube channel and account: I may get to sue YouTube and the Universal Music Group over this. Tried to reach the band directly, but didn't know how unless it's just me commenting on a random Instagram post, which obviously is not really the proper way to try to get attention. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's at almost 1M plays on Spotify, and it's featured in this playlist (GnR on the cover):

And at the same time, GnR still hasn't updated their own "This is Guns N' Roses" playlist, which has ABSUЯD but not Hard Skool :lol:

Edited by GNRfanMILO

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Passed 1,000,000 views on the official audio today (woo hoo :headbang:)

I really hope they release anything for an official video to help boost the single, and get the song in some spotify rock playlists ASAP.

Interviews would also help, why does Axl hate promoting songs he spends decades on?

Because maybe they would still asking about Izzy / Steven / Matt , the new álbum , etc

The more i listen to this sing the more i dislike it, im really not sure why? Iv always thought the demo was ok but after hearing the new version abut 5 times iv decided i dont like it, iv said it in another post that to me it feels like it should be in an episode of horrid henry or denis the menace with the school bell at the start.  Just my opinion and im glad others are enjoying it

1 hour ago, scottish nutter said:

The more i listen to this sing the more i dislike it, im really not sure why? Iv always thought the demo was ok but after hearing the new version abut 5 times iv decided i dont like it, iv said it in another post that to me it feels like it should be in an episode of horrid henry or denis the menace with the school bell at the start.  Just my opinion and im glad others are enjoying it

Man i am the opposite, i really thought i wouldnt listen to it that much cause i listen to the demo to death and at first i wasnt all that impressed with the new version, but whatever reason i think the chorus just sounds better and more angry not sure why it does.

First post after stalking the forum for years.

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but did anybody notice that the chord structure for Hard Skool is very similar to that of Crash Diet?

The chords themselves are pretty much identical.

Maybe that's part of the reason it's reminiscent of vintage GN'R (I know, I know Crash Diet isn't classic GN'R per se, but you know what I mean)

On 9/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, Manfisman said:

Was people dancing in the hallways?

There weren’t many people in the building but all the people I know who heard it, really liked it 

On 9/29/2021 at 3:04 AM, Shacklermyrye said:

Any feedback from the people who listened to it?

I’m not sure how many people listened to our radio station, but everyone that I’ve shown Hard Skool to said it was pretty good. 

4 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

no, the UYI Version. But for years i heard the Version from the Day Of Thunder Soundtrack on the same radio station.

Deutsche Post is punctual as always :lol:

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 3