Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 hour ago, scottish nutter said:

The more i listen to this sing the more i dislike it, im really not sure why? Iv always thought the demo was ok but after hearing the new version abut 5 times iv decided i dont like it, iv said it in another post that to me it feels like it should be in an episode of horrid henry or denis the menace with the school bell at the start.  Just my opinion and im glad others are enjoying it

Man i am the opposite, i really thought i wouldnt listen to it that much cause i listen to the demo to death and at first i wasnt all that impressed with the new version, but whatever reason i think the chorus just sounds better and more angry not sure why it does.

First post after stalking the forum for years.

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but did anybody notice that the chord structure for Hard Skool is very similar to that of Crash Diet?

The chords themselves are pretty much identical.

Maybe that's part of the reason it's reminiscent of vintage GN'R (I know, I know Crash Diet isn't classic GN'R per se, but you know what I mean)

On 9/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, Manfisman said:

Was people dancing in the hallways?

There weren’t many people in the building but all the people I know who heard it, really liked it 

On 9/29/2021 at 3:04 AM, Shacklermyrye said:

Any feedback from the people who listened to it?

I’m not sure how many people listened to our radio station, but everyone that I’ve shown Hard Skool to said it was pretty good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

no, the UYI Version. But for years i heard the Version from the Day Of Thunder Soundtrack on the same radio station.

Deutsche Post is punctual as always :lol:

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

no, the UYI Version. But for years i heard the Version from the Day Of Thunder Soundtrack on the same radio station.

Was jus a joke, cause Pele says the next album will be the 99 KOHD version.... 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

#26 on the official radio rock charts for US and climbing.

Shadow of your love peaked at#5

Is that Billboard or what? I tried to access their chart and it appears they may be charging for info now. 

Anyways some other radio charts about the opening week for the song:

#30 on IHeartRadio Active Rock List:

https://news.iheart.com/featured/charts/active-rock/

#24 on Mediabase Active Rock List:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaboutcountry/Charts.asp?format=R2R

Edit: Actually it appears you can access the Billboard Mainstream Rock chart from the below link. HS is at #29 on that for its first week:

1AC38759-8364-4EF4-B68B-515AD3BB048D.jpeg

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

on my german local radio station, the host said Guns N' Roses released a new single and they played "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" :facepalm:

I heard it on 'Rock Antene'. They said they were sceptical when Slash announced months ago that GNR are working on new music but then they mentioned the release of Absurd, even teased it for a few seconds, before airing HS.

Who here updated Wikipedia to make it look like Hard Skool is an EP?

The 12-inch WttJ maxi single had four tracks too (three of them live tracks). Was that really an EP all this time also?

I get that HardSkool has a bunch of merch around it and whatnot, but still…

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, Jw224 said:

I don't think people use the term maxi single anymore tbh. 

Were the old maxi singles sold exclusively in certain regions (like “US only” or whatever)? Whereas this new release can be ordered by anyone all over the world, right?

Maybe that’s why this one counts as an EP and the others don’t?

First week sales and charting? considering zero promotion and little effort from the band to push it. It's played 3/4 times on planet rock and a few times on absolute classic rock. Any mainstream stations in UK?