Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

13 hours ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

https://youtu.be/hf4srkSc0Ig

So, having listened more and more, I KNEW I’d heard a similar sound elsewhere. It was driving me insane. I played my punk playlist while driving yesterday and Was It Me by The Exploited came on. It’s definitely a sound-alike here. Scary how similar in places.

Damn, listened to a fxxkton of Exploited when I was younger, but nice catch. 😁🤔

7 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I told my mates to listen to it. One of then said it reminded him of "Towers of London".

That's one for the UK folks. Fucking Donny Tourettes... possibly my favourite ever episode of Buzzcocks. 

I met and played on a festival with Towers and Donny is as big a prick as you’d expect. Snell and Rev literally told me that they “just put up with it cos’ he’s controversial innit?”

A few decent tunes though and actually, I see what they mean.

• Haha 2

Taken from reddit: (I dont know where this lists is officially published)

New weekly chart has been released for rock radio station in the United States and Hard Skool has jumped all the way up to #18 from last week's #28. The song was played by radio stations 584 times this week, as opposed to the 319 times it was played the week before.

Hard Skool has incredible momentum right now and has a realistic shot to enter the top 10 in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this the other day, I'm positive* that Axl added the Eye on You part as an Easter Egg for us hard-core fans. He's such a prankster lol

*not really positive, not an insider, just a hunch I suppose...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinaleblood said:

That's a really lovely video. It was moving how they paid homage to Bon Scott and Malcolm Young in it.

Agreed, really good video and probably didn't take a whole load of effort, but really hit the mark. GnRs is a locker with graffiti on it. not even a lyric video, or a live video, just a locker. It's so hard to love this band, when they don't care about themselves or their audience. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

So, having listened more and more, I KNEW I’d heard a similar sound elsewhere. It was driving me insane. I played my punk playlist while driving yesterday and Was It Me by The Exploited came on. It’s definitely a sound-alike here. Scary how similar in places.

That's crazy! I'd really like to hear what the Exploited thinks about this.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

So Hard Skool is also a cover !!!

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

Well there's no plagiarism here for sure, this song came out in 2003? Hard Skool was recorded in 1999? unless the exploited got their hands on the locker leaks... unless the Exploited are the real source of Chinese Democracy leaks! don't pull the thread Tom!🧐

Very basic chord progression so it's no surprise there's going to be similar songs, but there's no doubt that they sound close. Tempo, underlying melody of the 2nd gtr, drum pattern... still different enough to not warrant any legal proceedings... and if there was uncle Axl has enough demos to prove he didn't copy anybody.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

the new ACDC video has 1.53m views in 4 days, gnr has 1.35m in 11 days. Such a shit promotional campaign, or lack thereof. we're so starved, people have been saying how happy they are just to hear new songs in the set and to be released which yes is fantastic, but 1-2 posts on their own social media channels, limited radio push, zero paid ad push, zero interviews. This band is a fucking balls up. Hardskool has radio appeal and would go down great with the fanbase. If GnR want to learn how to promote, look at iron maiden, look at metallica, a new GnR album would do fuck all purely coz of TB and Axl. people here genuinely praising TB n Axl. Mental that this is already sinking without a trace. such a shame, it's a good song. its also a shame the standard we have for the band are not the ones they set for themselves. 

Hard skool would have more views If they released a real video. There's no need for people to watch it on YouTube if they can stream it on Spotify

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Hard skool would have more views If they released a real video. There's no need for people to watch it on YouTube if they can stream it on Spotify

I watched it once on yt and will never again. And I really like the song.

This bare minimum approach gets them these numbers. Seems like they don't care anyway.

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

New GOT teaser trailer came out 4 hours ago and already has over a million views

but GOT is a bigger band right know, they don t even touring this year and have taht lvl of publicity, i really hope they release a new album 

13 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

but GOT is a bigger band right know, they don t even touring this year and have taht lvl of publicity, i really hope they release a new album 

They have support from the studio

• Like 1

The newer bridge is pretty cool on the studio track, now that I'm used to it, with its vaguely UYI vibe, but, I have to say...found it really lame live. 

Axl standing there, throwing out random "HIIIIII HI's for 30-45 seconds made it feel like it was about two minutes long, and really exposed, IMO, how underdeveloped that part of the song truly is, all because he couldn't be arsed to put more work into the track, beyond tacking on a gimmicky scratch vocal from two decades ago.

Still, having said that, a rad song.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:05 PM, oneway23 said:

The newer bridge is pretty cool on the studio track, now that I'm used to it, with its vaguely UYI vibe, but, I have to say...found it really lame live. 

Axl standing there, throwing out random "HIIIIII HI's for 30-45 seconds made it feel like it was about two minutes long, and really exposed, IMO, how underdeveloped that part of the song truly is, all because he couldn't be arsed to put more work into the track, beyond tacking on a gimmicky scratch vocal from two decades ago.

Still, having said that, a rad song.

He should have added some words to that part. The song has grown on me a bit, but the lyrics are so lazy! 5 identical choruses 3 of which come right after each other. From the guy that wrote Estranged it just doesn't feel that inspired.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

He should have added some words to that part. The sing has grown on me a bit, but the lyrics are so lazy! 5 identical choruses 3 of which come right after each other. From the guy that wrote Estranged it just doesn't feel that inspired.

It's distracting a bit, to be honest. Takes away from the instrumental parts. I'd much rather have a full, re-worked Eye On You (which is still possible, I suppose)

9 hours ago, JimiRose said:

the new ACDC video has 1.53m views in 4 days, gnr has 1.35m in 11 days. Such a shit promotional campaign, or lack thereof. we're so starved, people have been saying how happy they are just to hear new songs in the set and to be released which yes is fantastic, but 1-2 posts on their own social media channels, limited radio push, zero paid ad push, zero interviews. This band is a fucking balls up. Hardskool has radio appeal and would go down great with the fanbase. If GnR want to learn how to promote, look at iron maiden, look at metallica, a new GnR album would do fuck all purely coz of TB and Axl. people here genuinely praising TB n Axl. Mental that this is already sinking without a trace. such a shame, it's a good song. its also a shame the standard we have for the band are not the ones they set for themselves. 

Agreed but this isn’t a band thing. It’s an Axl Rose always doing things ass backward thing. Slash has already started promoting his upcoming album/single. It’s gonna be funny when he has a video out for his single only a few weeks after HS was released.  

9 hours ago, betterman said:

Taken from reddit: (I dont know where this lists is officially published)

New weekly chart has been released for rock radio station in the United States and Hard Skool has jumped all the way up to #18 from last week's #28. The song was played by radio stations 584 times this week, as opposed to the 319 times it was played the week before.

Hard Skool has incredible momentum right now and has a realistic shot to enter the top 10 in the coming weeks.

Multiple links have been posted to these lists recently in this thread if you’re looking.