Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

I think they will release it sooner than midnight now that it leaked so early.

My thoughts:

At first, I really disliked the mix (though it does sound better in speakers than on my headphones). The guitars are very oddly weak and Axl's voice sounds displaced (and it's not because it was recorded in 1999 lol). Slash's lead sound a lot like what he's been playing in the rehearsals, so no real surprises there. The tone is less gainy than the current live setup, but it sounds better than Absurd IMO. 

The bass adds a lot to the song and really makes it sounds a lot more than old GNR. 

The "ay - ay" part is def not lifted from Eye on You. It's just a similar idea.

Not sure if it's all Slash this time. The left channel sounds a bit more like Richard's tone and there's some incidental licks at the ending.

I disagree it's not from Eye on You. I think it's a dead ringer. At the least last few hey's into the scream. I think it was heavily modulated though.

• ABSUЯD 1

9 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

Another though on that intro. That first drum beat before the bass comes in, it kind of sounds like the "end" of the previous song. This always used to be a trick producers did to make albums flow. 

In which case, what's the song before !!

Good catch! It really does sound like a transition from another song.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

To me, this sounds too vanilla to be Brain. Sounds more Frank to me. 

That’s what I originally thought too. A lot of the snare and foot work is basic and there’s a lot of China cymbal in it. I’m leaning toward Frank again. If it were brain I feel like it would be a bit more complex and spiced up, I’m 50-50 on it now. I keep flip flopping with every listen