Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Rush did that with two songs off Clockwork Angels, did an initial mix for the singles and then another mix for the album

That would be ideal. I liked that album, too. My dad and I saw Rush on that tour. It was very theatrical. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

https://youtu.be/hf4srkSc0Ig

So, having listened more and more, I KNEW I’d heard a similar sound elsewhere. It was driving me insane. I played my punk playlist while driving yesterday and Was It Me by The Exploited came on. It’s definitely a sound-alike here. Scary how similar in places.

I never knew The Exploited were still around, and yeah it has a similar sound too 🧷 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That would be ideal. I liked that album, too. My dad and I saw Rush on that tour. It was very theatrical. 

Oh Jesus yes! Clockwork Angels is a superb album. There are days when I'd say it is possibly my favourite Rush album. It is really heavy and melodic without being (too) cheesy! I quite liked Snakes & Arrows too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Oh Jesus yes! Clockwork Angels is a superb album. There are days when I'd say it is possibly my favourite Rush album. It is really heavy and melodic without being (too) cheesy! I quite liked Snakes & Arrows too.

I'll have to check that one out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

As a final album it's an absolute masterpiece! Taking it away from the context of their last studio work it was a great release, It's one of my favourites besides Hemispheres, 2112 and Moving pictures. Really liked Snakes and Arrows too! just wish I could have seen the Clockwork tour! But I'm glad I got to the see the Moving pictures anniversary show!

Rush are also the bench mark for how to gracefully bow out! absolute gentlemen to the end! didn't overplay the moment, no big announcement before hand with really expensive tickets! just went out there and played like they did for the 40yrs previous and then disappeared! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Would have been cool if they had done a proper video (like the UYI vids) or even something as goofy/simple as the Garden of Eden video! but fuck it, it's just a video and at least they're doing something! hopefully the release a full version

On 10/6/2021 at 9:44 PM, Voodoochild said:

The Fortus footage is def from Hard Skool. They could very well release a proper "live" video using the studio audio, like the WTTJ video.

The video from that clip looked very good, may very well be for a proper video.

GNR really need to start releasing official videos for their singles to not do so is resulting in them being punished by the algorithm. Same reason why they should be uploading more frequently (lyric videos etc)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LAGuns87 said:

The only thing stopping this song from being a classic is that it was made after their creative peak. It is certainly not filler or average. Much better than, say Shotgun Blues. That is filler.

Gotta disagree... The only thing that stops HS to be a classic it's the fact it isnt one.

And to be better than Shotgun Blues is not a compliment to any song

On 10/8/2021 at 11:57 AM, LAGuns87 said:

The only thing stopping this song from being a classic is that it was made after their creative peak. It is certainly not filler or average. Much better than, say Shotgun Blues. That is filler.

What are you talking about?  Shotgun Blues is awesome.

• Like 3