Jump to content

Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, MrDeano said:

Hard skool just got played on planet rock in the UK this morning 🤟😁🤟, first time I've heard it on the radio

Yeah, they also talked about the "EP that was due for release in Feb". Wonder if they're just repeating what they've read on the web, of if they actually know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It's distracting a bit, to be honest. Takes away from the instrumental parts. I'd much rather have a full, re-worked Eye On You (which is still possible, I suppose)

eye on yo is suck an epic one i really don t get why people are not impresed about that song 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He should have added some words to that part. The sing has grown on me a bit, but the lyrics are so lazy! 5 identical choruses 3 of which come right after each other. From the guy that wrote Estranged it just doesn't feel that inspired.

Agree on that, but wasn't HS meant to be a movie sountrack from the beginning? if so, it shows. Totally fine rock/punk song that would have a lot more listeners if the brilliant managers could promote the song outside their Instagram lol.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going back to the mix - what I noticed is the where the vocals are further in the background for the first 2/3s of the song they are then ‘where they should be’ from post-solo onwards….or is it just me? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Going back to the mix - what I noticed is the where the vocals are further in the background for the first 2/3s of the song they are then ‘where they should be’ from post-solo onwards….or is it just me? 🤔

The mix is sounding a little better the more I listen to it, but I still prefer the Village "rough mix" on it and Absurd/Silkworms. 

If either or both appear on the next album, I hope they are properly mixed and mastered. 

Hard Skool and Absurd both sound like advanced demo mixes, to me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The mix is sounding a little better the more I listen to it, but I still prefer the Village "rough mix" on it and Absurd/Silkworms. 

If either or both appear on the next album, I hope they are properly mixed and mastered. 

Hard Skool and Absurd both sound like advanced demo mixes, to me. 

It was on the radio whilst driving and it was more noticeable how low the vocals were but then the post-solo section it rocked hard and sounded great. Very odd.

The mix on Absurd is absolutely fine for me TBH.

I still favour the Village session however that’s in part that I have had it for a few years so it’s more engrained in the mind! 🤣 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, estranged_85 said:

Agree on that, but wasn't HS meant to be a movie sountrack from the beginning? if so, it shows. Totally fine rock/punk song that would have a lot more listeners if the brilliant managers could promote the song outside their Instagram lol.

 

If it was used in a movie then they'd chop it up to suit the scene. I'd assume it would either be a you could be mine situation or just an end credits song.

Funny how besides bond it's not really a big deal any more for artists to do the soundtrack. 

I don't know if the song was ever seriously considered, that was 1996 that Jackie chan movie was out and I'd be shocked if they had a single song in a releasable state that year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The mix is sounding a little better the more I listen to it, but I still prefer the Village "rough mix" on it and Absurd/Silkworms. 

If either or both appear on the next album, I hope they are properly mixed and mastered. 

Hard Skool and Absurd both sound like advanced demo mixes, to me. 

Yeah Hard School especially to me is the most "demo" sounding out of the two but I hooe that if they are on a proper full album they get a new mix to blend wirh the rest of the material.  Rush did that with two songs off Clockwork Angels, did an initial mix for the singles and then another mix for the album

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Rush did that with two songs off Clockwork Angels, did an initial mix for the singles and then another mix for the album

That would be ideal. I liked that album, too. My dad and I saw Rush on that tour. It was very theatrical. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

https://youtu.be/hf4srkSc0Ig

 

So, having listened more and more, I KNEW I’d heard a similar sound elsewhere. It was driving me insane. I played my punk playlist while driving yesterday and Was It Me by The Exploited came on. It’s definitely a sound-alike here. Scary how similar in places.

I never knew The Exploited were still around, and yeah it has a similar sound too 🧷 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, darkside259 said:

eye on yo is suck an epic one i really don t get why people are not impresed about that song 

Because it's an unfinished demo? Doesn't really do much for me like. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That would be ideal. I liked that album, too. My dad and I saw Rush on that tour. It was very theatrical. 

Oh Jesus yes! Clockwork Angels is a superb album. There are days when I'd say it is possibly my favourite Rush album. It is really heavy and melodic without being (too) cheesy! I quite liked Snakes & Arrows too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Oh Jesus yes! Clockwork Angels is a superb album. There are days when I'd say it is possibly my favourite Rush album. It is really heavy and melodic without being (too) cheesy! I quite liked Snakes & Arrows too.

I'll have to check that one out!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Oh Jesus yes! Clockwork Angels is a superb album. There are days when I'd say it is possibly my favourite Rush album. It is really heavy and melodic without being (too) cheesy! I quite liked Snakes & Arrows too.

As a final album it's an absolute masterpiece! Taking it away from the context of their last studio work it was a great release, It's one of my favourites besides Hemispheres, 2112 and Moving pictures. Really liked Snakes and Arrows too! just wish I could have seen the Clockwork tour! But I'm glad I got to the see the Moving pictures anniversary show!

Rush are also the bench mark for how to gracefully bow out! absolute gentlemen to the end! didn't overplay the moment, no big announcement before hand with really expensive tickets! just went out there and played like they did for the 40yrs previous and then disappeared! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Would have been cool if they had done a proper video (like the UYI vids) or even something as goofy/simple as the Garden of Eden video! but fuck it, it's just a video and at least they're doing something! hopefully the release a full version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THELINESMAN said:

I love what Slash and Duff did to Hard School:

Guitars Up 6dB

Blues Up 4dB

Hard Rock up  7dB

Classic Illusions style breakdown sound +10dB

Version Duff likes 

Sarcasm up 100db🤣 well played!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...