Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

But he is a PERFECTIONIST lol

I don't know if just because you don't like the HS mix, it means that Axl is not a perfectionist. Things that have been said about him by big name musicians that worked with him and his approach to making music indicates otherwise imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • ABSUЯD 1

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

Courtesy of Brando's Twitter.

The fact she blocked out the codes says everything. Why the fuck would you do that with openly accessible information:lol:

The person who posted this has "izzy stradlin enthusiast" in her twitter bio, man these batshit fans do crazy shit sometimes

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The fact she blocked out the codes says everything. Why the fuck would you do that with openly accessible information:lol:

The person who posted this has "izzy stradlin enthusiast" in her twitter bio, man these batshit fans do crazy shit sometimes

It's odd how it hasn't appeared on the database yet though. Absurd was up in a matter of days of release I'm sure

I deleted the post so to not entertain people's handiwork at trying to dupe the fans!

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Blackstar fake?

Yes, fake. Doesn't appear in the ASCAP database search.

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The fact she blocked out the codes says everything. Why the fuck would you do that with openly accessible information

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's odd how it hasn't appeared on the database yet though. Absurd was up in a matter of days of release I'm sure

Actually Absurd took 3 or 4 weeks to appear. This one might take longer, because it probably won't even appear at all on ASCAP (none of Axl, Slash and Duff are on ASCAP and it's likely that there won't be any other writers credited).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, fake. Doesn't appear in the ASCAP database search.

Exactly.

Actually Absurd took 3 or 4 weeks to appear. This one might take longer, because it probably won't even appear at all on ASCAP (none of Axl, Slash and Duff are on ASCAP and it's likely that there won't be any other writers credited).

It's not on BMI either.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:46 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's kinda crazy that the guy who said CD was made for audiophile and blu-ray mixes, released something as poorly mixed as Hard Skool. :axl:

The production and mix is like most generic modern rock songs: loud, flat, overcompressed. Sounds basically like a Constipators song with Axl vocals pasted in. Shows Axl has thrown in the towel to some extent. Could've found a happy medium by maintaining the dynamic range of CD but stripping out the zillion layers of guitars, keyboards, bass and sub bass.

Say what you want about CD and the production, how overwrought and overthought aspects of it may have been, but it wasn't the work of someone who didn't give a shit. This is. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I just took another listen to Hard Skool since it's release. Sure it sounds unfinished, thrown together, i sort of like that approach. Maybe that's all GN'R has to offer right now, rough diamonds, which is better than nothing at all. Given the age of the band members, they probably only have one album remaining in them, maybe?

Also, given Hard Skool has less than 2 million views, it goes somewhat to possibly pointing to just how far Guns'N'Roses have fallen off the radar. Maybe their aging fan base is all they have remaining. Many of those are probably content with the material from the 80's ..time fly's :(

Edited by star

1 hour ago, star said:

Also, given Hard Skool has less than 2 million views, it goes somewhat to possibly pointing to just how far Guns'N'Roses have fallen off the radar. Maybe their aging fan base is all they have remaining. Many of those are probably content with the material from the 80's ..time fly's :(

HS has less than 2 million views because, despite insane claims from some users on here a few weeks ago, GN'R are not close to the most popular band in the world right now. 

There's a passing interest in the band from casual fans and zero interest from a new/younger fan base. There's a lot of factors that go into where the band is but I maintain that the biggest reason is lack of any sort of proper promotion. 

There's a million different ways to remain relevant and in the public eye, but GN'R isn't really interested in that. They want to take the path of least resistance that leads to the easiest money. 

So that's how you end up with the first new material from GN'R in 13 years (featuring Slash to boot) being DOA in the public eye. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

HS has less than 2 million views because, despite insane claims from some users on here a few weeks ago, GN'R are not close to the most popular band in the world right now. 

There's a passing interest in the band from casual fans and zero interest from a new/younger fan base. There's a lot of factors that go into where the band is but I maintain that the biggest reason is lack of any sort of proper promotion. 

There's a million different ways to remain relevant and in the public eye, but GN'R isn't really interested in that. They want to take the path of least resistance that leads to the easiest money. 

So that's how you end up with the first new material from GN'R in 13 years (featuring Slash to boot) being DOA in the public eye. 

The only basis to that claim is the tour revenue.

As we all know, album sales have fallen off a cliff and touring is a much bigger indicator of a bans success.

The press widely reported that the GNR tour was the highest grossing tour of all time, which led to claims that they were the biggest band in the world again.

Ultimately, as prices go up and up, tour grosses will continue to rise.  If it was the highest grossing tour ever, it won't be for long.

They are nowhere near the most popular act in music right now.

Ghost new single released a week after Hard Skool currently has 3 840 000 Spotify streams as compared to Hard Skools 2 400 000 streams... Kind of sad to see in a way but at the same time it's awesome that a newer band in the rock genre can still rake in those numbers now a days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

They are nowhere near the most popular act in music right now.

And I doubt a lot of people think that. They're still pretty popular, though, in a lot of places. They've played huge venues in my neck of the woods many times in the last 4 years and still sold out the concert they are doing here next year pretty much immediately. Not too shabby for a band that hasn't had a real hit since the 90's.

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Ghost new single released a week after Hard Skool currently has 3 840 000 Spotify streams as compared to Hard Skools 2 400 000 streams... Kind of sad to see in a way but at the same time it's awesome that a newer band in the rock genre can still rake in those numbers now a days.

Exactly. The lack of success for GN'R studio material has absolutely nothing to do with low album sales across the music industry. It's more to do with the fact that GN'R doesn't do anything to properly promote it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

And I doubt a lot of people think that. They're still pretty popular, though, in a lot of places. They've played huge venues in my neck of the woods many times in the last 4 years and still sold out the concert they are doing here next year pretty much immediately. Not too shabby for a band that hasn't had a real hit since the 90's.

Of course.  They are Guns n Roses.  They'll always be popular.  They were once undisputedly the biggest band in the world.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. The lack of success for GN'R studio material has absolutely nothing to do with low album sales across the music industry. It's more to do with the fact that GN'R doesn't do anything to properly promote it. 

I think he quality of the song also has a lot to do with it.. Plus the fact that it wasn't really a new song.. 20 year old vocals and all that.. People can say only the die hards on forums know that but I know plenty Guns fans in "real life" that just don't care for that reason.. Others didn't even give it a chance after Absurd.. I even know people that still don't care about the band because Izzy isn't there.. I have a friend from work that hasn't cared about the reunion at all but is a big SMKC fan believe it or not. I hear people here always say that the general public doesn't care about any of that stuff but it just isn't true..  This was just a half assed throw away track with no album behind it and many people just don't care.. That said I do have one friend that likes it a lot.. He is also the only person I have ever talked to in "real life" that likes most of CD..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Of course.  They are Guns n Roses.  They'll always be popular.  They were once undisputedly the biggest band in the world.

I was saying that because it's needless to say that they're not the most popular music act in the world. Who even questions that? Or maybe I missed that since I don't read everything about this band, but I can't imagine many people believe that. Maybe they've been one of the most successful touring acts in the world in the past few years? But I don't have those numbers.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Can’t wait for everyone in interviews to be like “music never sells…there’s no market for new music” regarding a new album despite them doing fuck all in promotion. We all know that excuse coming.