Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

On 10/21/2021 at 11:49 PM, GnR Chris said:

A huge portion of GNR's fan base doesn't give a shit about new music. It's "classic rockers" who wanna hear the bangers from their youth. The songs that were playing on the radio when they came of age, partied, lost virginity, etc. 

Yep…this is true of the additional 30,000 fans that pack stadiums now as apposed to the fans turning up during the Chinese era. 

I don’t care how Axl’s work charts..I just want to hear it.

Edited by reayj2003

On 11/1/2021 at 10:27 PM, darkside259 said:

i cant belive till this day that chinese democracy doesn t had any official video not even one i mean the fans make like 100 per day back in the good days , but is a shame 

They had one, although never officially released.  The official video for better. With all the red minions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 5:59 PM, gnrjanus said:

They had one, although never officially released.  The official video for better. With all the red minions

One for CD and Street Of Dreams were planned too, which makes sense, as they were the singles. The original Better video idea was a trippy production, and not what eventually was leaked.

I'm into Hard Skool, after a few listens I had it going in my head so definitely catchy. The one thing I'd change is that sort of ascending bridge part near the end. 

Absurd is fine instrumentally but the vocals are sbsolute tripe, so I won't ever listen to it again voluntarily I guess.

Edited by Nice Boy

On 10/16/2021 at 3:46 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's kinda crazy that the guy who said CD was made for audiophile and blu-ray mixes, released something as poorly mixed as Hard Skool. :axl:

A mix is subjective. A good mix is entirely dependant on the intended outcome. Maybe they went in there and said 'we don't want to recreate the CD mixes we want a loud in your face mix that isn't perfect' job done if that was the goal. Both songs benefitted from the mixes being a bit more aggressive... even though I prefer a cleaner mix in general.

Saw a post on facebook about a commercial for the video of Hard Skool during an NFL game. Apparently it's premiering tomorrow and it's like a tour footage type music video. Anyone seen it yet?

*EDIT: another commenter said it'll be a lyric video

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 2

Just now, NolaBola said:

can someone explain the reason why a band would spend money to advertise a video on Thursday night football?  How does this make sense business-wise? What is the upside? 

A lyric video to boot. A lyric video for a song that was released months ago and won't have a physical release for another 8 months. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1