Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

I’m confused. The first post mentioned it was going to be on an NFL game tomorrow (there aren’t any NFL games tomorrow). Another post mentioned Monday Night Football, but tonight is Thursday…so what’s the deal? 

Also kind of odd they would to drop a lyric video 12 weeks later on the exact date a new Slash song is being released.

16 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I’m confused. The first post mentioned it was going to be on an NFL game tomorrow (there aren’t any NFL games tomorrow). Another post mentioned Monday Night Football, but tonight is Thursday…so what’s the deal? 

My bad. I heard hard skool on the broadcast tonight (Thursday night football). It’s just been a boring game and I mentally associated it with Monday night football. 

Edited by suckerpunched03

I caught the segment on NFL Network. They played a portion of the video, which consists of tour photos and oversized words. The video itself looked like something a passionate fan might produce. They didn't play the full song. The real fun was actually listening to the hosts gush over GNR. This went well beyond the standard "we have to plug this and make it seem like we are fans" approach. They were all excitedly talking about the band. I'm not a regular viewer of the Good Morning Football show despite being a huge NFL fan, so forgive me for not knowing the names of the show hosts. The woman spoke about how she loved that they could rock out and then switch to a song like "Don't Cry" that would make her cry. A male host said he used to listen to "Welcome to the Jungle" before his games. And the other two male hosts were especially excited, even going so far as to swap some self-censored "Get in the Ring" lyrics. They were clearly big fans and it was an enjoyable segment due to their enthusiasm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

The one thing people are forgetting about it being released on the same day as a Slash single is that nobody gives a fuck about a Slash single..

I think for the general public, the excitement over Hard Skool is equal to whatever single Slash released. 

• Haha 1