What Song Should Be Released next

State of grace could be an absolute beast, kept in current form with a slash solo added. And the general would love to hear. Those 2 must be on a new album. if we got absurd and hardskool, with a duff song, a cover , 8 more leftovers and 2 new originals that'd be fantastic. 

A covers EP and im done with this band. Witchita would be cool on an album, left field choice. but BHS seeker bennie were already big hits and well known by their respective artists. they're also not really socially relevant today. they dont further the band. 

Obviously I would like to hear The General, but I honestly think that it will be saved for the album that comes after CD2, because Axl himself said so according to Sebastian Bach.

So what song do I expect them to play next? I really don't know. Maybe Atlas Shrugged or Soul Monster? It could be a totally unknown song too.

It's kinda interesting that we have no clue what they're gonna do next. They could play anything, though I think it's safe to say that Eye On You won't be the next song.

My only real wish is that they will continue releasing new songs.

12 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Obviously I would like to hear The General, but I honestly think that it will be saved for the album that comes after CD2, because Axl himself said so according to Sebastian Bach.

Bach said that a long time ago and Axl is known to change his mind about the tracks he picks to feature on an album. He wasn't sure if Catcher was going to make it on Chinese and This I Love wasn't planned to be a part of Chinese either for example so I think anything is possible, including the inclusion of The General on this next potential album.

I hope that they'll manage to get 1 more album out. Another 1 after that would be amazing, even if it would be just or mostly reworked CD era material but 1 album at a time heh. (unless it's a double which would be ideal)

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Bach said that a long time ago and Axl is known to change his mind about the tracks he picks to feature on an album. He wasn't sure if Catcher was going to make it on Chinese and This I Love wasn't planned to be a part of Chinese either for example so I think anything is possible, including the inclusion of The General on this next potential album.

I hope that they'll manage to get 1 more album out. Another 1 after that would be amazing, even if it would be just or mostly reworked CD era material but 1 album at a time heh. (unless it's a double which would be ideal)

Of course it's entirely possible that the song will be on the next album. I agree that anything is possible, but if I would have to bet, I'd predict that it will be saved for later.

Surely Axl always has songs that he's not really sure what album they belong to, but based on what Bach said, it sounded like Axl was pretty sure that he wants to put The General on the third record.

Besides, tons of unreleased music was leaked in 2019 and I bet that Axl wants to put as many of those songs on the next record as possible. 

The General has never been leaked unless you count that low quality cellphone recording. So there's no pressure for the band to release it.

In my opinion it's more likely that the next record will consist mostly of the unreleased Village sessions songs. And if they want to include cover songs or brand new songs written by Slash and Duff on the record, that only makes it more unlikely that The General will be included.

Nothing suggests that Axl is planning to retire anytime soon and if he wants to release another record at some point after CD2, it's highly likely that he wants to save some big guns for that record.

Of course anything is possible, but based on everything we know, I bet that The General won't be on the next record.

There is nothing to indicate anything else is on the launchpad. Prior to the tour we knew that Hard Skool was on 2019 setlists and had heard it rehearsed in 2020, so we went into this tour expecting something. Absurd was a pleasant surprise and after that we had heard them still soundchecking Hard Skool so we kept anticipating. 

We got all that now, they've still said very little. Until the situation changes I'm not expecting anything more. Most likely at the moment would be a redone version of Oh My God - was on 2018 setlists and the lyrics for it are now on the screen during YCBM for some reason.

Edited by Axl S

57 minutes ago, Axl S said:

There is nothing to indicate anything else is on the launchpad. Prior to the tour we knew that Hard Skool was on 2019 setlists and had heard it rehearsed in 2020, so we went into this tour expecting something. Absurd was a pleasant surprise and after that we had heard them still soundchecking Hard Skool so we kept anticipating. 

We got all that now, they've still said very little. Until the situation changes I'm not expecting anything more. Most likely at the moment would be a redone version of Oh My God - was on 2018 setlists and the lyrics for it are now on the screen during YCBM for some reason.

omg is defintly next.

i can t imagine how it would be a reedention with slash n duff tho , maybe some kind of punk rock like abdurd? 

Edited by darkside259