Which one do you like more?

Which one do you like more?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like both but Absurd kicks all sorts of ass. It's 21st Century GNR, and the new version is a big improvement on the demo (even if I do miss "What can I do... with a bitch like you!"). With Hard Skool, there's bits I prefer in the new version and bits I prefer in the demo, and it feels less like it knows what it wants to be. I think Slash's guitar parts on Absurd are great.

• Like 4

I agree HS is a beautiful homage to old Guns, Absurd is so absurd that you wouldnt expect that even from a much more avantgarde band. And thats the point of rock and roll. Unpredictability.

I am just glad that they are again discoghrapichally active. They were autotribute band for too long.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

We're all entitled to our opinions but HS is leagues above Riad/Scraped

I may change my mind after more listens, but it seems pretty average to me. I quite like the bridge, the best part of the song for me, but I don't digest the chorus and Axl's ultra-processed vocals on these. Maybe my mistake is expecting a song from 2021 (or 99? ha) to sound like the UYI's.

• Like 1

Hardskool is ok and about equal to one of the decent 'fillers' on UYI.

Silkworms is a cringy, embarrasing mess.  It was garbage in the late 90s and he is so utterly void of any inspiration and work ethic, that unfortunately, he's had to bring to the front again.

And maybe a similar question will come out next time they get their tour guarantee payment, so I'll answer in advance.

Perhaps is ok and about equal to one of the decent 'fillers' on UYI.

Atlas is dreadful, and somehow worse than the similar Cathcher, and was rightfully lefty off Chinese.  It should have been discarded 20 years ago, but he is so utterly void of any inspiration and work ethic, that unfortunately, he's had to bring to the front again.

Edited by Pele

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

Atlas is dreadful, and somehow worse than the similar Cathcher, and was rightfully lefty off Chinese.

It's funny, of all the leaked songs Atlas it's the one I find the most potential in, I really like the melody. The problem with Catcher is how the final edit sounds, as if the producers and sound engineers have done a gangbang with this one, the guitars are annoying.

57 minutes ago, Pele said:

Hardskool is ok and about equal to one of the decent 'fillers' on UYI.

Silkworms is a cringy, embarrasing mess.  It was garbage in the late 90s and he is so utterly void of any inspiration and work ethic, that unfortunately, he's had to bring to the front again.

And maybe a similar question will come out next time they get their tour guarantee payment, so I'll answer in advance.

Perhaps is ok and about equal to one of the decent 'fillers' on UYI.

Atlas is dreadful, and somehow worse than the similar Cathcher, and was rightfully lefty off Chinese.  It should have been discarded 20 years ago, but he is so utterly void of any inspiration and work ethic, that unfortunately, he's had to bring to the front again.

ok

• Haha 1

Just listened to them both back to back, and Absurd just has more attitude, more of what attracted me to this band to begin with. They're both good songs, but Hard School sounds like it could be from any number of bands, whereas only someone as crazy as Axl could come up with Absurd.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Just listened to them both back to back, and Absurd just has more attitude, more of what attracted me to this band to begin with. They're both good songs, but Hard School sounds like it could be from any number of bands, whereas only someone as crazy as Axl could come up with Absurd.

Thats exactly what I feel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bernardo_Seccadio said:

TO BE HONEST, after having HARD SKOOL, ABSURD got better for me! 

They kinda "come from a similar sound landscape". Listening to ONE after the other increases the experience! Can't wait for a record!

But, of course HARD SKOOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Absurd

Yeah, I got a two song playlist called GnfR on my phone, 1. Hard Skool, 2. Absurd :D

They go together well.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Hard Skool by a long ass mile. Great song, great chorus and cool official version even though there are things I wish they'd kept about the leaked one.

The leaked version is darker and meaner. It has Robin's lead on the bridges and they should have tried to at least come up with something similar because it was awesome.

I don't hate Absurd as much as I did Silkworms ( even though I like the CD era ) but it's still an annoying song overall. Those somewhat punk guitars are the only thing I like about it.