Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

The guy on the forum categorically stated he didn't hear vocals on Cuban Skies.

We know Scraped/General/TIL remix/Better/General vocals were recorded later than the Village Sessions - I've never said otherwise.

You say "it seems really really stupid to assume that between 01-Today that he barely recorded any vocals for any songs" and list backing vocals and a cartoon song written by somebody else as evidence.  

We are talking 21 years here.  Of course he has done some sporadic recording.

"Why he chooses to use vocals takes from the 98-01 period? No idea, he's the artist maybe he's happy with them and doesn't feel they need redone."

Stockholm Syndrome again.  Are you that utterly gullible to believe he has vocals for Soulmonster, Seven, Zodiac, D-Tune, Leave Me Alone, Quick Song, Berlin, Cuban Skies, PRL, Monstrosirty, The Rebel etc etc. 

Serious question - how many years go by of not hearing any of these (whilst maybe hearing reworked Atlas/reworked Perhaps etc) will you start to realize they don't exist?

I presented ample evidence of him being in the studio at various points over the past 20 years where we know he recorded stuff. We have even heard some of that work. It seems fairly apparent he has tracked vocals at various points over the years, on what - ultimately we don't know.

If we're just making guesses based off the information we have though it seems likelier that he has recorded vocals for songs we haven't heard rather than him doing nothing. It's not "stockholm syndrome" - a term you are using incorrectly - it's basic deduction based off what we actually know, not what you think you know.

We haven't heard this shit because it hasn't leaked. It seems quite clear that by mid 00s the list of the songs for the album had narrowed down and surprise surpise - those are the songs that leaked the most and were on the final album. They've clearly run a tighter ship on leaks of songs and information since that mid 00 period.

Stop being so negative all the time.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

This thread is for discussing Hard Skool.

Discussions relating to other material can be discussed elsewhere. 

Thanks!

Sorry! Just saw this after my last reply.

• GNFNR 1

well im glad im not the only one who thinks with this release in feburary it means not full length album this year minus the fact i thought the singles were leading up to a full release this year. guess not. im happy for this little mini release but at the same time...damn.. either way can someone enlighten me to the comments fernando made on reddit about "slotting stuff up for release" Im curious about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

When you pre-order do they charge you right away or charge you when it's about to ship?

Preordered it yesterday and paid by palpal. Paypal says payment complete (not pending as usual when i buy in other sites), but the payment doesn't appear in my bank account moves.

So, can't tell you 100% sure, but I'm assumming the charge will apperar in a few hours or days

3 hours ago, Andrew07 said:

beh, sono contento di non essere l'unico a pensare che questa uscita a febbraio significhi non l'album completo quest'anno meno il fatto che pensavo che i singoli stessero portando a un'uscita completa quest'anno. immagino di no. sono felice per questa piccola mini release ma allo stesso tempo... dannazione.. in entrambi i casi qualcuno può illuminarmi sui commenti che fernando ha fatto su reddit riguardo allo "slot up for release"

It's probably to keep up the tension, waiting for the album (if there will be one) before the European leg.

What would be a good album? Would half of the tracks be unreleased "vault" songs (Absurd, Hardskool, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged), and thenthe other half live songs? I think they're already planning on doing something like that, but..., The Hard Skool E.P. maybe?

23 minutes ago, opalho said:

What would be a good album? Would half of the tracks be unreleased "vault" songs (Absurd, Hardskool, Perhaps, Atlas Shrugged), and thenthe other half live songs? I think they're already planning on doing something like that, but..., The Hard Skool E.P. maybe?

IMO, that would suck ass, actually, lol. 13 years for an EP? Screw that. Gimme half the album with vault songs and half with now compositions. But I would certainly not bet on that. Your bet is a lot more likely, or just an album of the CD leftovers. Something like that.

EDIT: Oh well... just saw the news and it looks like the EP's really coming. WTF, man. That's such a lazy-ass way to buy time. Two new tracks from 1999 and two live tracks? The way Axl works, he'll think that's enough for 2022 and 2023 at least lol.

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

When you pre-order do they charge you right away or charge you when it's about to ship?

The usual thing is that if you pay by Paypal you get charged right away, credit or debit cards you get charged when it is sent. Can't vouch for that being the case here, but that's how every other pre-order I've done has worked.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:24 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m curious if the Don’t Cry/You’re Crazy are just live era??? Or are they live from the tour?

Hadn't thought about it at all. I automatically assumed these will be NITL recordings but now that you mentioned Live Era... with this band is pretty much everything possible, goddammit :facepalm::lol:

Edited by Free Bird
  • Haha 1

Does this mean that it's unlikely that either Absurd or Hark Skool will be included on a future album?  If that is, in fact, the case, I'm heartened by this.  First off, I already own these songs.  Also, it seems to kinda verify my theory that this was really something for the fans and not really meant to be official singles nor representative of the best of what's to come.  

4 hours ago, Tyson said:

Does this mean that it's unlikely that either Absurd or Hark Skool will be included on a future album?  If that is, in fact, the case, I'm heartened by this.  First off, I already own these songs.  Also, it seems to kinda verify my theory that this was really something for the fans and not really meant to be official singles nor representative of the best of what's to come.  

I’m afraid this is the future album

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Kinda weird of them to release the two new songs months before the EP is released, isn't it? That thing's gonna be old news by the time it's out lol

Well, by comparison Helloween (whose classic lineup also reunited after 24 years) released a brand new song, Pumpkins United, on October 13, 2017. At the time there were no plans to continue with the reunion beyond the first tour and thus there where no plans to release an album until 2019, so it was just released as a single.

In the meantime they released a live DVD/BluRay/CD with some cool behind the scenes material, interviews and other cool features. 

The band then released the first proper album single, Skyfall, in June 2021 with the album dropping in June 2021; Pumpkin United was included in the album as a bonus track. 

This could just be a taste of new music not intended to be on the new album while they continue working on the album. With GnR who really knows.

Following both bands during their reunion tour and being at both bands reunion show - Troubador and Monterrey, Mexico respectively - I got to say that Helloween definitely did all the right things with commercial and. Most importantly, fan success/approval; many bands could a learn a thing or two.

Helloween and GnR are apples and oranges in terms of music but both bands are equally important in their respective genres and influence on other bands.

I wish I could feel the same excitement for GnR as I did (and still do) with Helloween. I'm loving Hard Skool, it is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Hard Skool has all the signs of just being a single.  To an album or by itself; I’m not sure.

The vinyl only has the B-side Absurd.  The cassette and CD seem more like physical counterparts to the singles that were huge in the 80s and 90s.

This doesn’t seem like an EP or an end all to new music.  It just seems like a single that is being promoted heavily with stickers and stuff; albeit ahead of a new album.  I’m just not sure when.

All opinion, of course.

Edited by quikspade
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Tyson said:

Just a guess: H S is on a future album, Absurd is not. So if you want Absurd on a physical release this EP is what you need to get. 

This is just a bit embarrassing. Compare it to the latest release(s) from Metallica. They just throw all the rehearsels, demos etc. out there with the Black album.
If only Axl would have one of those funny moments to decide and release all the Chinese stuff. Or like next years Nirvana Nevermind celebration: 5 live albums.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LunsJail said:

I’m afraid this is the future album

Doubt it. I think they took two old songs and juiced them up as something for the fans for now. I see the EP as a stand alone thing, while they work on and, aspire to, release a single and then an album.