Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

41 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I buy physical-only because of its superior sound (I have a really high end stereo system), but I also buy it because of the tangible joy of owning it. The fact that it blows streaming away in quality is nice, but even if it didn't, I probably still would because it's just so much more enjoyable--to me--to have a that gatefold and lyric sheet in my hand while the record is playing.

Yeah I totally get that. And once upon a time I would likely have agreed with you. But streaming provides complete convenience and I'm happy enough with the sound quality. Though I suspect I am potentially missing out on untold spiritual awakening by not having having a lyric sheet in my hand whilst listening to Absurd!!! :P 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Wow! Fair play to ya. I have not purchased purchased a CD since AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album in 2014 and have no intention of doing so again! Might get into vinyl again some day but I currently just stream all music. Would willingly pay more for the pleasure but that's a different story! Not interested in GNR's recent work enough to even entertain the concept of purchasing physical copies I'm afraid.

I'm old school, I have poor internet where I live too, so I have piles of physical media for movies and music,

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm old school, I have poor internet where I live too, so I have piles of physical media for movies and music,

Fair play to ya pal. I am tempted to back into vinyl. But from speaking with a mate the other week... once you commit, it's all or nothing! He's spending vast amounts of cash on vinyl now!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

Same here. I can't stand streaming and I like to support Art as much as possible, as well as have a good collection. 

I've never regretted spending money on music, and it baffles me that people will pay more for a coffee than they will an album! 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Anyone think the locker on the cover is on purpose? Sure it fits in with school but it also seems like a direct nod to the locker leaks. 

Oh dear. It's a slippery slope........next stop, seeing images of Axl in your cornflakes! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Same here. I can't stand streaming and I like to support Art as much as possible, as well as have a good collection. 

I've never regretted spending money on music, and it baffles me that people will pay more for a coffee than they will an album! 

Oh dear. It's a slippery slope........next stop, seeing images of Axl in your cornflakes! 

I do like how cheap used CDs and DVDs/Blu-rays are on eBay. I need more shelves for them though. :D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I do hear ya on this. I'd happily pay more for streaming services to be honest. But as somebody who (used) to travel a lot with work and for shenanigans, streaming is just mega handy. 

Just now, 19AT5 said:

I do hear ya on this. I'd happily pay more for streaming services to be honest. But as somebody who (used) to travel a lot with work and for shenanigans, streaming is just mega handy. 

Yep, I see that totally. I always just rip my CDs so I have them in digital form for when I'm out and about. Seems the best of both worlds to me. 

The only issue I have is with space! A lot of that is my own fault though as I tend to keep a lot of things I should probably get rid off! 

34 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep, I see that totally. I always just rip my CDs so I have them in digital form for when I'm out and about. Seems the best of both worlds to me. 

The only issue I have is with space! A lot of that is my own fault though as I tend to keep a lot of things I should probably get rid off! 

As someone who has a large physical media collection, you just can't deny the benefits and convenience of streaming. 

Years ago, I was the guy that had like 1000 CDs in huge carrying cases in my trunk. Just so if I ever needed to hear a certain song, I had it handy. 

With streaming, I can now bring up nearly any song that crosses my mind at any point when I'm out and about. You just can't beat having that ability if you love tons of different types of music. 

However, when I'm home I love everything about physical media. You don't dedicate an entire level of your house to physical media if you don't prefer it haha. That's just me though. However every other person enjoys music is their own business. 

There's so many people that try to convince others that this format or that one are better than others. Like one of us is somehow a superior music fan because of the format we chose for listening. Personally, I'm just happy as hell when anyone else has a passion for music and I couldn't care less HOW they're listening to it, just that they're listening. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's so many people that try to convince others that this format or that one are better than others. Like one of us is somehow a superior music fan because of the format we chose for listening. Personally, I'm just happy as hell when anyone else has a passion for music and I couldn't care less HOW they're listening to it, just that they're listening. 

128Kbps MP3 > all other audio formats :P

• Haha 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

As someone who has a large physical media collection, you just can't deny the benefits and convenience of streaming. 

Years ago, I was the guy that had like 1000 CDs in huge carrying cases in my trunk. Just so if I ever needed to hear a certain song, I had it handy. 

With streaming, I can now bring up nearly any song that crosses my mind at any point when I'm out and about. You just can't beat having that ability if you love tons of different types of music. 

However, when I'm home I love everything about physical media. You don't dedicate an entire level of your house to physical media if you don't prefer it haha. That's just me though. However every other person enjoys music is their own business. 

I sort of agree......but I'd be lying if I said it didn't really fuck me off what streaming has done to music and musicians. I don't agree with it all, and I think it's led to music being a lot more elitist and dull as rich kids become more likely to be able to navigate the incredibly limited finances it brings to acts. I also don't like what it's done to live ticket prices too - making gigs a thing for the wealthy and middle class. I also feel it's let to music becoming less important in people's lives, despite the fact they probably listen to more of it. It's background, easy filler for a lot of people, rather than something you invest in. 

So while I agree that it's great that people listen to music, and I'm not going to argue one format is better than the other (CD all the way for me!) I don't like what streaming has done and is doing. So on principle I won't use Spotify and their ilk. I'd consider myself a hypocrite if I did really- I couldn't criticize them if I was giving them money anyway! 

Edited by allwaystired

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yes! Space. I floated the idea of me starting a vinyl collection and the Mrs immediately siezed the opportunity to suggest selling some guitars!!!! Had zero interest in pursuing that discussion, so left it there!!! 😅 Bloody women!!! 

• Haha 3

Is it possible or likely the mixes of Absurd and Hard Skool will be better on the physical copies than the digital download versions? I saw it suggested before.

Also, since it's pretty clear we have vocals from Eye On You in it, do you think that could mean Eye On You will never be released?

Edited by Sweersa

57 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Is it possible or likely the mixes of Absurd and Hard Skool will be better on the physical copies than the digital download versions? I saw it suggested before.

Also, since it's pretty clear we have vocals from Eye On You in it, do you think that could mean Eye On You will never be released?

Well they will hopefully master it for vinyl. Low  end and any stereo synths are a few issues for any vinyl release. The original source is still digital though. The mix won’t likely change 

Edited by guitarpatch

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I sort of agree......but I'd be lying if I said it didn't really fuck me off what streaming has done to music and musicians. I don't agree with it all, and I think it's led to music being a lot more elitist and dull as rich kids become more likely to be able to navigate the incredibly limited finances it brings to acts. I also don't like what it's done to live ticket prices too - making gigs a thing for the wealthy and middle class. I also feel it's let to music becoming less important in people's lives, despite the fact they probably listen to more of it. It's background, easy filler for a lot of people, rather than something you invest in. 

So while I agree that it's great that people listen to music, and I'm not going to argue one format is better than the other (CD all the way for me!) I don't like what streaming has done and is doing. So on principle I won't use Spotify and their ilk. I'd consider myself a hypocrite if I did really- I couldn't criticize them if I was giving them money anyway! 

Oh I totally agree with you. Some of my best friends are working musicians and I'm not pleased with how the current state of the industry for them BUT I do all I can to ensure they get paid. 

I literally put my money where my mouth is by creating a podcast and two YouTube videos every week (<--- NOT a plug) for the specific purpose of getting people to buy more music. That's all I can do as a fan, but I'm working very hard at it. I'm overjoyed that the YouTube channel is growing and the podcast is high on the charts / over 100,000 listens. That means I'm having as big of an impact in helping musicians as I can as a fan. 

• Like 3