Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they'd sent the songs to a plant earlier in the year, there's a good chance they would've leaked, and we know how paranoid Axl is about leaks...

The physicals are basically just a 'bonus' for the hardcore fans at this point anyway. I'm not too bothered about the long wait. But if they announce a full album and physical versions still take 9 months after that, then that's a different story.

Well a hardcore confidentiality agreement would work in avoiding leaks, especially when everyone knows GNR are trigger happy with lawyers. They could have them pressed them had them sent back to GNR hq and when the last single was out GnRs merch team could start sending them out, no leaks and no delays

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Right before we learn Pele heard The Ballad Of Death with '99 Axl vocals added to the 2010 CD2. :P

I've heard Ballad of Death.

Unfortunately, Rose didn't add any vocals, however I'm not sure he was supposed to in this case.

He wouldn't have done either way.

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

So ... why is the CD taking till next year to ship, fam?

I just got an email from Metallica that their live performance from the Metro in Chicago (9/20) can be purchased on CD and it's available by end of October. :wacko:

Those are cdr's and not silver cd's. They're pretty much just burned on the same cd's you can buy in spindles at Target. The Black Crowes and Kiss used to sell them 20 mins after their shows, so they're much easier and faster to burn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Wouldn't it be kind of funny if the live versions of Don't Cry and You're Crazy didn't even end up being NITL versions and instead were just the Live Era versions?

I'm hoping they use 2012 recordings, just because having Slash and DJ on the same GNR cd would be a hilariously 'Axl' thing to do. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

The big issue to me here (which probably has been covered but I'm not reading all of this shit) is that yes, there is a big backup at pressing plants but the fact that we are getting that long of a wait means that they have no clue what the fuck they are doing in terms of planning. They should have sent these to a plant early this year and had it ready for the tour or at least RSDBF. To me, it just paints the picture of a management team flying by the seat of their pants. Honestly, no one will give a shit about Hard Skool by 6/2022.

They're clearly taking orders from buyers then putting the order into the plants.

They're not expecting people to care about Hard Skool by 6/22. The release is now, people are meant to be caring about it now. The delivery of this physical media is just hardcore fans getting their collectible bit of merch.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Those are cdr's and not silver cd's. They're pretty much just burned on the same cd's you can buy in spindles at Target. The Black Crowes and Kiss used to sell them 20 mins after their shows, so they're much easier and faster to burn. 

its pathetic really, just when you think they're doing something relatively normal, like a normal band should, they slip back in to classic gnr territory. 

the toy trucks didnt take 9 months to be made and sent after order!

11 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Today headlines in major news outlet in Finland "Guns N Roses to release a new EP" and im like whaaat.. then it turns out its this Hard Skool "ep" lol

Because every media is referring to the NME article from 28th of September. 

24 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think by technical definition this is an EP, correct? (Not saying it’s worthy of the title, just asking if technically this would count as one)

The first time I ever heard the phrase EP in my life was when David Lee Roth left Van Halen and released Crazy From The Heat. It was a 4 song (all covers, I think) hold over until he could get a full album out to compete with Van Halen. 

From there on, every release I've seen that has 4 or 5 songs is always referred to as an EP. 

So for me, I guess the CD version would be an EP. I only ordered the 7" vinyl with 2 tracks though, so it's a weird release for sure. 

My overall take is this: GN'R was like "how do we get the absolute most of our fans with the least of possible work?". The plan they came up with was shuffling tracks between the releases (ex: Absurd live on the 7" but studio version on the CD) so that fans would have to buy at least two formats to get all of the tracks. So I don't think it being a single or an EP occurred to them at all. I think it was just a matter of getting more money from the fans. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The first time I ever heard the phrase EP in my life was when David Lee Roth left Van Halen and released Crazy From The Heat. It was a 4 song (all covers, I think) hold over until he could get a full album out to compete with Van Halen. 

From there on, every release I've seen that has 4 or 5 songs is always referred to as an EP. 

So for me, I guess the CD version would be an EP. I only ordered the 7" vinyl with 2 tracks though, so it's a weird release for sure. 

My overall take is this: GN'R was like "how do we get the absolute most of our fans with the least of possible work?". The plan they came up with was shuffling tracks between the releases (ex: Absurd live on the 7" but studio version on the CD) so that fans would have to buy at least two formats to get all of the tracks. So I don't think it being a single or an EP occurred to them at all. I think it was just a matter of getting more money from the fans. 

Oh I agree. I don’t consider this an EP personally at all. It just isn’t to me. It’s a bonus-type release. I was curious if it was though by technical definition and I think my conclusion is that it is :/ 

• Like 1