Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

21 minutes ago, lewovo1100 said:

Oh wow, so, like, I guess when Fernando said vintl.....he really was only talking about the singles & not album......Not sure what should I feel.

Don't know if this is good or bad news... it means this is the new album?:wacko:

3 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

If this is shipping in June 2022 do people honestly believe a full album will come out before then??

Not anymore...

Edited by Mr Mini Mite

42 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Hate to be Mr Negative but there’s no album coming any time soon. I called it when ‘Absurd’ was first released. Just a couple of stand alone singles to promote the ongoing tour and to throw the fans a bone. Old songs from the locker that required NO work from Axl and minimal work from Slash & Duff.

We have ZERO evidence of Axl entering a studio in the last 20 years (other than Rock The Rock) and I really think if they had NEW songs they’d have released one of those instead of these 2.

If this is shipping in June 2022 do people honestly believe a full album will come out before then??

I’m just being realistic because I’ve been a fan of this band since AFD and I know how it works, Axl unfortunately is a lazy genius when it comes to recording and putting shit out.

This is 100% spot on in my opinion 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All vocals for everything ever are from 1999. Please keep up! 

I get this is a running joke here and I’ve laughed along… BUT… I’m actually starting to fear this could be the case 😬 

Just watch, next single:

’Atlas Shrugged’ - Fall 2022

Then the remainder of the village demos (with vox) touched up and released as stand alone singles with no full album ever materialising.

Its not even that crazy these days because legacy bands don’t make real money from new albums these days anyway. Perry from Jane’s Addiction said recently they plan on releasing a few new singles next rather than a full album.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get what you're saying, I really do. But people I trust (read: I am NOT an insider) have told me they've heard songs with vocals recorded well after 1999. 

The public may never hear them because.....Axl but I just trust the people that have told me that. In the end it is what it is. No matter when what was recorded, how many dBs the drums are, or anything else.....we're all eating scraps GN'R chooses to throw us whenever they feel like it. 

Edit- I'm pretty drunk right now and very proud of how well this post turned out 😂 

Holy hell, you’re a good drunk poster haha. I would’ve not been able to tell otherwise. I would be throwing up typos left and right.

• Haha 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Holy hell, you’re a good drunk poster haha. I would’ve not been able to tell otherwise. I would be throwing up typos left and right.

Oh there were a lot of backspaces and corrections my friend haha. 

That said, I'm gonna get off the darn forum for the night and enjoy my records. Only 9 months til I add the HS 7" to my collection!!! 

• GNFNR 2

54 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Hate to be Mr Negative but there’s no album coming any time soon. I called it when ‘Absurd’ was first released. Just a couple of stand alone singles to promote the ongoing tour and to throw the fans a bone. Old songs from the locker that required NO work from Axl and minimal work from Slash & Duff.

We have ZERO evidence of Axl entering a studio in the last 20 years (other than Rock The Rock) and I really think if they had NEW songs they’d have released one of those instead of these 2.

I’m just being realistic because I’ve been a fan of this band since AFD and I know how it works, Axl unfortunately is a lazy genius when it comes to recording and putting shit out.

(Only because I like to nitpick) Axl said he rekindled his friendship with Sebastian Bach around 2006 and did guest vocals on Angel Down which was released in 2007. I doubt he had those recordings sitting around waiting to paste onto somebody's solo album for years.

14 minutes ago, SOH said:

(Only because I like to nitpick) Axl said he rekindled his friendship with Sebastian Bach around 2006 and did guest vocals on Angel Down which was released in 2007. I doubt he had those recordings sitting around waiting to paste onto somebody's solo album for years.

Yes, I remember that. I also remember Sebastian Bach saying in an interview around the time though that Axl agreed to do vocals for one song and got pissed when Seb asked him to do another two! 

So yeah he definitely went in the studio then to lay some vocals for his friend and he did for ‘Rock The Rock’ a few years ago too but I just honestly don’t believe he’s recorded vocals for a whole new album. I won’t either until HE confirms it. Slash and Duff are just like Tommy and Ron before them, they’ll always say a ‘new album is coming’ if asked in interviews. Axl just doesn’t appear to be motivated at all (post CD sessions) when it comes to recording, other than a couple of cameos here and there and everything is in his hands.

Edited by GNFNRUK