Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

12 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Hmm no "insider" had any idea these physical releases and extra tracks included would be occurring apparently, very telling :P

They will say an EP would be released with Absurd and Hard Skool and a bunch of covers. But...

4 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

"plans changed" yet again I guess

.. we now have Don't Cry and You're Crazy instead of The Seeker. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Just like Eye on You is The General which was also released with Hard Skool and nobody noticed. :ph34r:

Out of interest, was there ever a clip of ‘The General’ with vocals floating around? I consider myself to be in the loop regarding leaks (I was a downloading motherfucker back in 2006) all I’ve heard of ‘The General’ however appears to be a fan made mix (possibly by Evader). Oh and a live clip of a piece of music ‘rumoured’ to be part of that song.

Edited by GNFNRUK

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

Out of interest, was there ever a clip of ‘The General’ with vocals floating around? I consider myself to be in the loop regarding leaks (I was a downloading motherfucker back in 2006) all I’ve heard of ‘The General’ however appears to be a fan made mix (possibly by Evader). Oh and a live clip of a piece of music ‘rumoured’ to be part of that song.

There's also a cell phone recording from back in 2011, I guess. Impossible to hear much, but Evader fan mix was pretty accurate to what we can hear there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I wonder if it was just a typo for Absurd on the 7”, and maybe it’s actually the studio version (I hope)

I was also wondering if it as a typo :lol: I hope it's a live version though, a properly mixed live recording of Absurd will probably sound better than the studio version tbh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I about shit when it was $29.98 at first. $17.98 is (very unfortunately) in line with what a lot of 7" releases cost now :/

Man that’s insane, I haven’t bought a lot of new vinyl in the last 2 years, almost 90% of what I buy is second hand. The odd box set aside. But that’s crazy $ for a 7”

Pass. For close to $40 shipped that should be a limited color version signed by everyone on it that's not Axl,Slash or Duff. I'll wait for the full album on vinyl and purchase that. Definitely not a *complaint, complaint, complaint* many (not me) thought our favorite band wouldn't release new music. I can't imagine this appeals to anyone outside of the diehards that paid a grand for the AFD box.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just so this doesn't get lost in the other thread...

7" vinyl with Hardschool and a live version of Absurd https://gnrmerch.com/products/hard-skool-7-vinyl

CD single with Hardschool, Absurd, Don't Cry (Live) and You're Crazy (Live) https://gnrmerch.com/products/hard-skool-cd

Cassette single (same tracks as the CD) https://gnrmerch.com/products/hard-skool-cassette

4 tracks on the physical single... there's your new EP. :D

Happy to see GN'R finally!!! figured out it doesn't take rocket science to release a couple of songs. Lets hope the next EP doesn't take 14 years of pain 

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really hope this doesn't mean we're not getting an album...

Enjoy this at least for now

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm enjoying ABSURD and Hard Skool on Spotify idc about this whatsoever. I want a new album. But hey better than nothing I suppose.

There is absolutely no reason to product this HS/Absurd merch if there's a full album on the way. 

In short, these two new songs are all we're getting for a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1