Physical copies of Hard Skool available for pre-order

4 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

I get this is a running joke here and I’ve laughed along… BUT… I’m actually starting to fear this could be the case 😬 

Just watch, next single:

’Atlas Shrugged’ - Fall 2022

Then the remainder of the village demos (with vox) touched up and released as stand alone singles with no full album ever materialising.

Its not even that crazy these days because legacy bands don’t make real money from new albums these days anyway. Perry from Jane’s Addiction said recently they plan on releasing a few new singles next rather than a full album.

I would be entirely happy to get the rest of the Village material with vox and Slash. And I don't care if the music is bundled together as an album of drip-released song by song. 

• Like 1

I don't think this necessarily means we aren't getting a full album soon. You never know with these guys.  Just happy we have a couple "new" songs to listen to. We have to give the band credit, they are actually officially releasing songs, the band kicking ass live, I am enjoying every moment. Picked up the cd single but the tape and vinyl are tempting as well. 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Which is exactly why GNR will release a full album months before these CD's and vinyl start to ship. :lol:

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There is absolutely no reason to product this HS/Absurd merch if there's a full album on the way. 

In short, these two new songs are all we're getting for a long time. 

I wanna be mad about no album, but to be frank, they've delivered more than I ever expected this year, so at least there's some improvement on that front.

I just hope this isn't it for another 5yrs. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There is absolutely no reason to product this HS/Absurd merch if there's a full album on the way. 

Yep, that’s my take too. Shame, despite my better judgment, I had pinned my hopes on a new album in time for the holidays this year. 

• GNFNR 1

56 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

On one hand i agree. On the other, Guns will literally take any opportunity to make a quick buck, so it isn't impossible for an album to be released soon after HS merchandise drops. Personally, i don't think we will get an album until next year at the earliest. Fernando's talk about 'slotting in releases' makes it sound like they're going for a drip-feed singles approach though (if he even is talking about new music there...)

A cassette? Holy shit, that's awesome. I wish I still had something to play it on. Oh the nostalgy. (This is not sarcasm, I grew up with cassettes, I'm that generation.)

Plus, somebody please ask Merchnando on Reddit what live versions are these. Appreciated! 

Guns are releasing something! Isn't that... absurd? 

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm born late 1993 and I remember as a kid I was one of the last ones to still use a Walkman back in like 2002 and using cassettes REALLY sucked ass, no idea why anyone would go back to that torture voluntarily, mindboggling.

Because you were born too late. You'd have had to be in that age where it was the only option apart from LPs and reel players etc. Cassettes were a lot of fun, but it's probably mostly nostalgia talking here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Some info

Hard Skool was in fact Jackie Chan. It seems there is more to come at some point

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-officially-drops-new-song-hard-skool/

I remember YEARS ago, like in 1996/1997 GNR was rumored to have a song for the Jackie Chan film "Mr. Nice Guy". Weird that it's Hard Skool. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My first thoughts exactly. Especially as they're not shopping until February 2022. 

I think this could be the very last non- posthumous release we get from GNR. 

• GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, WVsax27 said:

I hope the extra tracks end up on itunes at some point, I don't really do physical recording anymore

It's $6 dollars! Go wild and treat yourself. 

And if you feel cheated, just rip the four tracks and give someone else the CD. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

fernando said on reddit that  "Releases are starting to get slotted." Whatever that really means in gun's world

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Really, really want this.....but ordering from the US is a bit of a gamble these days with import charges and unreliable delivery. 

Assume no-one has seen these available in the UK yet? 

I'm from the UK. I ordered the CD just to definitely secure one version, it came in at £13.49 including postage and taxes.

I'll grab the vinyl and cassette if they hit UK shores. I'm sure we'll definitely get a vinyl release at some point considering we got SOYL on vinyl here.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I'm from the UK. I ordered the CD just to defintely secure one version, it came in at £13.49 including postage and taxes.

I'll grab the vinyl and cassette if they hit UK shores. I'm sure we'll definitely get a vinyl release at some point considering we got SOYL on vinyl here.

Do you pay import and taxes on top of that? Any ideas? 

• Like 1