Songs Slash, Duff & Matt wrote with Izzy over the years making it on this new gnr record

Any chance we see Izzy’s footprints on this record. It can be the difference between a great rock record vs a timeless classic like AFD/UYi.

Im not good at pulling up old stories and we’ve discussed it over the years. I’m referring to the period when Izzy was in VR and they wrote all those songs. Matt said there were 10 songs there that would make a classic GN’R record.

Also the songs Duff was working on with Izzy while Slash was out doing SMKC. Just before the reunion happened in 2014/15 

Any realistic possibility or is it too much for the cash cow that is current gnr to have to split royalties with Izzy? It would be great. Izzy could make make a few live appearances without being a full member. Let Steven play on a few classic gnr sounding songs that he can help elevate etc

Obviously Izzy played a vital role in the classic gnr sound we all love.  His interplay with Slash. How he allowed the songs to breathe. His memorable hooks, rhythm & melodies is exactly what has been missing from Slash & duffs work over the years. I love VR but the songs for the most part were too straightforward and punk. However, Weiland saved that band with his creativity. VR would’ve tanked without him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

There was chatter of Down By The Ocean being used, which was an Izzy penned number from the '96 sessions I believe.

Yea that’s the kinda thing I’m looking forward to. Maybe it’s too late to ding into those Izzy VR songs Matt made reference too. Maybe we will hear them someday 

Unfortunately,  I don't think there is any way in hell we would ever see any of Izzy's music on a Guns record.. Didn't Duff already release the songs he was working on with Izzy for his book soundtrack or whatever it was? How to be a man?  

I would kill to hear those pre VR songs though.. The ones that Scott said sounded too much like Guns N Roses...  Hand them over to Axl and make something out of them...

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I’m referring to the period when Izzy was in VR and they wrote all those songs. Matt said there were 10 songs there that would make a classic GN’R record.

Also the songs Duff was working on with Izzy while Slash was out doing SMKC. Just before the reunion happened in 2014/15 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would kill to hear those pre VR songs though.. The ones that Scott said sounded too much like Guns N Roses...  Hand them over to Axl and make something out of them...

I would like to hear those too. As far as Izzy goes though I'm not sure he's interested; getting him to show up is half the battle. I think there's more to it than just "the loot," he needs to be interested in working with them again.

1 hour ago, circusboy666 said:

Izzy has no interest in this shit show. He’s not willing to put up with nonsense. 

Never say never with this band but it seems he feels somewhat betrayed.. I am sure he had no problem helping Duff write songs for his book.. Then they appear to have dicked him around.. Say what you want about Matt but I do belive the whole "Fuck Izzy" comment by Duff as well.  

Who knows what has happened since then though... 

• Like 3

• janrichmond changed the title to Songs Slash, Duff & Matt wrote with Izzy over the years making it on this new gnr record