Hard Skool--Grammy bound?

5 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Aren't the Grammys pay-to-win anyway?

Pretty much

4 hours ago, DanteStraviosky said:

Happier than Ever is a rocker song than Absurd, so why not.

At least is a brand new song, not a reworked song from 1999.

I wouldn't be suprised if Olivia Rodrigo gets nominated for one of the rock categories.

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

THIS BAND, LABEL AND MANAGEMENT ARE A JOKE IN TERMS OF BUSINESS. 

dont expect anything from them. 

I am trying to figure out the relevance of that post to this thread about being nominated for a Grammy via a song that is officially released already lol

THIS BAND, LABEL AND MANAGEMENT ARE A JOKE IN TERMS OF BUSINESS. 

dont expect anything from them. 

This is one of the highest grossing tours of all time. 

This management (that we all have rightful reasons to criticise) are also the ones that oversaw a Live DVD, a reunion, an AFD rerelease with unheard material, and two new songs being released in the past two months. Is this stellar? No. Is it absolute dogshit like some fans online try to make it out to be? No.

Not every artist has Metallica tier management and promotion. It's sad but true.

15 hours ago, Axl S said:

This is one of the highest grossing tours of all time. 

This management (that we all have rightful reasons to criticise) are also the ones that oversaw a Live DVD, a reunion, an AFD rerelease with unheard material, and two new songs being released in the past two months. Is this stellar? No. Is it absolute dogshit like some fans online try to make it out to be? No.

Not every artist has Metallica tier management and promotion. It's sad but true.

"This is one of the highest grossing tours of all time. " totally thx to the fans. 

GNR is a top band, and when you compare it to other top bands and the lower ones, biz side is A FUCKING JOKE. I dont give a fuck to a nugnr dvd, threeunion, a shitty afd rerelease and two demos polished. Of course I bought them all and that but we should be treated like a princess for following this band for 30 years, look at talica maiden kiss even lotsa other shitty bands ffs.

16 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I am trying to figure out the relevance of that post to this thread about being nominated for a Grammy via a song that is officially released already lol

Ex marketing manager here for UMG, can tell you what they shoulda do for hours, and not to do in just one phrase. Everything is pr and marketing related in this business, music does not come first, unfo. You gotta do pr and marketing for Grammys too. But as I said they're a joke.

• Like 2

Ex marketing manager here for UMG, can tell you what they shoulda do for hours, and not to do in just one phrase. Everything is pr and marketing related in this business, music does not come first, unfo. You gotta do pr and marketing for Grammys too. But as I said they're a joke.

A joke that can pack stadiums. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A tour that had to have dates canceled, some dates moved to smaller venues, have massive discounts on tickets and still not sell those dates out is not "packing stadiums". 

Were any dates canceled because of low ticket sales? What concerts were moved to smaller venues? Provide proof of "massive discounts?" 

17 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Were any dates canceled because of low ticket sales? What concerts were moved to smaller venues? Provide proof of "massive discounts?" 

Proof of massive discounts can be found on nearly every show thread. Nearly every show had tickets drop to less than half the original price. Even with those discounts, the shows still didn't sell out. 

And yes, dates were canceled on the tour and some shows were moved to smaller venues. Again, proof of this can be found in every show thread. 

I enjoy GN'R a great deal and want them to succeed but I'm not going to act as if this current tour is some sort of massive success when every piece of evidence shows otherwise. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Proof of massive discounts can be found on nearly every show thread. Nearly every show had tickets drop to less than half the original price. Even with those discounts, the shows still didn't sell out. 

And yes, dates were canceled on the tour and some shows were moved to smaller venues. Again, proof of this can be found in every show thread. 

I enjoy GN'R a great deal and want them to succeed but I'm not going to act as if this current tour is some sort of massive success when every piece of evidence shows otherwise. 

Please provide one example of a show that was pulled and moved to a smaller venue. 

The rest seems anecdotal. 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Please provide one example of a show that was pulled and moved to a smaller venue. 

The rest seems anecdotal. 

You're welcome to look the threads and see for yourself. If you didn't know those things happened or are choosing not to believe it, I'm not going to look up a bunch of info for you. It's right here on the site for you to do that work yourself. 

Also, the rest is not anecdotal, those are facts. Tours that are "packing stadiums" do not have to have massive discounts in every city on the tour. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’ll have competition from “rock” bands like Imagine Dragons and bullshit like that. People consider rock bands anything with a guitar and a bass nowadays. Guns are a bunch of geezers at the Grammys, I don’t see how they make the cut

Just have Melissa show up, that may be the edge they need to push that song on casual listeners. 

3 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Can you tell us anything about the 2009-2014 CD2? ;)