Hard Skool--Grammy bound?

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're welcome to look the threads and see for yourself. If you didn't know those things happened or are choosing not to believe it, I'm not going to look up a bunch of info for you. It's right here on the site for you to do that work yourself. 

Also, the rest is not anecdotal, those are facts. Tours that are "packing stadiums" do not have to have massive discounts in every city on the tour. 

I asked for an example of one show that was canceled and moved to a smaller venue. I'm still waiting. 

People can post anything on a message board. I would like some stats. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RichardNixon said:

Please provide one example of a show that was pulled and moved to a smaller venue. 

The rest seems anecdotal. 

Anecdotal? There really are no 'anecdotes' here at all. Tickets were going for a fraction of the price, or free. As documented in the show threads. 

You can choose not to believe this if you like (goodness knows why you'd want to refuse to believe it though) but it's not an 'anecdote'. It's a fact. 

If you fancy actually learning a few facts....here's a show thread for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

I asked for an example of one show that was canceled and moved to a smaller venue. I'm still waiting. 

People can post anything on a message board. I would like some stats. 

Again, you can find that information for yourself in the tour section of this forum.

There's actually plenty of screenshots of massive ticket discounts and whole sections of tickets that went unsold. 

If you want to believe that a bunch of users are lying and made that up, that's fine, but it's just not the truth.

3 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Lots of bands have cheaper tickets closer to showtime. 

Again, please provide an example of a show that was pulled and moved to a smaller venue due to poor ticket sales. 

Again, you can find that information for yourself in the tour section of this forum.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Again, you can find that information for yourself in the tour section of this forum.

I fantasize about GN'R playing for my neighborhood of about a dozen homes. My house has the perfect yard for that. After the band, in 2030, exhausts their touring at bowling alleys and small bars, they will probably move to residential and corporate parties. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

So you aren't going to provide an example of a show that was cancelled and moved to a smaller venue on this tour because it didn't happen.

It would appear you're not only too lazy to click on a website, but you've also been proven wrong:

19 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Los Angeles. Minneapolis. There’s 2 for you off the top of my head.

49 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Does $59 for a pit ticket not qualify as a massive discount?

14 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Relative to other bands?

Relative to the original price of the ticket. 

Here's the thing: you made a false statement earlier today. You said GN'R is packing stadiums and that is just not true. Even with heavy ticket discounts, the shows have not sold out. And that's on top of the fact that some of them were moved to smaller venues.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Shows were cancelled because of low ticket sales? 

Shows were moved to smaller venues because of low ticket sales. Also, shows were cancelled between when the tour was announced pre pandemic and when the tour started post pandemic. 

One would deduce that those shows were canceled due to low ticket sales. Especially given the fact that the shows that did go ahead were not even close to sold out even with massive discounts and in some cases, free tickets being offered. 

• Like 1

Ticket prices fluctuate as it’s mostly now real time pricing. If the show is in extreme demand, the prices go up. If the show isn’t, they will go down. 

For someone like GNR, I don’t think it should be a surprise that after multiple tours before and after the reunion, prices go down after their main fanbase gets their picking. The fact they are still doing stadiums regardless of the price to get in is great in itself. It probably won’t last forever 

As far the Grammys, they simply wont put the time, effort or money to go after it. They don’t do interviews or promotion normally. Why would they change that stance for an industry award? 

It’s also highly unlikely that GNR captures the social zeitgeist again in their careers. Their time has passed. You get the feeling that some fans are hopeful or are ready to measure them to that standard. That doesn’t mean they can’t release new music. It can even be some of the best they’ve ever done. It‘s just not 1989 any longer and these guys are pushing their 60’s. They’re a heritage act  

21 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Shows were cancelled because of low ticket sales? 

Shows were moved to much smaller venues in a few cities as opposed to being outright cancelled as far as I know (Edit: although as Russ mentioned apparently some 2020 shows weren’t rescheduled in 2021). But the main thing is these shows (at least 90% of them) were not sell outs by any stretch of the imagination. A  legit in demand sell out would have all tickets actually sold and the reselling of said tickets would be for more than face value up until showtime. Many of these shows end up with pretty respectable turn outs but that’s after discounts of up to approximately 400% on a lot of tickets. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Shows were moved to much smaller venues in a few cities as opposed to being outright cancelled as far as I know. But the main thing is these shows (at least 90% of them) were not sell outs by any stretch of the imagination. A  legit in demand sell out would have all tickets actually sold and the reselling of said tickets would be for more than face value up until showtime. Many of these shows end up with pretty respectable turn outs but that’s after discounts of up to approximately 400% on a lot of tickets. 

How can you get 400% discount? That means you get paid to receive the ticket.

45 minutes ago, drlaban said:

How can you get 400% discount? That means you get paid to receive the ticket.

As an example, if a pit ticket was eventually sold for $59 but was originally listed for $250+ …the price has been reduced by more than 400%. The original ticket was over 4 times more expensive than what it eventually sold for.

Edit: Although yeah after thinking about it..it technically could also be stated as a 75% discount on the original price. If it went from $59 to $250 it would’ve increased by over 400%. Maybe it’s more accurate and less confusing to say the tickets cost are 1/4 of what they originally were. Or the price decreased by a factor of 4. Ugh I’m too hungover for this. 

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Like 2