SUPERBOWL

They should've just added Cube, Ren, Yella and Gn'R and showcased the two baddest bands to come out of LA, even though they're all obviously older and not dangerous whatsoever anymore. But of they didn't jump at putting Metallica on there when the game was played in the bay area, that would never happen.

Edited by GoBucky

On 9/25/2021 at 10:17 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

For the 1000th time, ever since Janet Jackson slipped a nip, the NFL decided it wasn’t into surprises. The performances are now required to be lip synced. The Red Hot Chili Peppers with guitars not plugged in, spawning the No Trickery line from Axl... that’s why the halftime shows are garbage now. Do we have to go over this every fucking year?

Axl lip synced would mean full rasp! Go for it! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only way to Guns playing a relevant half time show would be featuring some current mainstream rappers like Macklemore, Post Malone (like RCHP did), Travis Scott, Machine Gun Kelly, or a pop star like Gaga (like Metallica), Billie Eilish, Kesha or even Pink.

See the band playing with Maneskin would be sick too.

Can't see it happening anytime soon. Axl kinda lost the oportunity in 2002. People would be loosing their minds by that time watching Bucket insane guitar playing followed by a nunchucks performance. 

Edited by DanteStraviosky

12 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Wait really?  I thought the Weeknd killed it last year.  I actually just watched it again the other day. One of the best halftime shows IMO

Like I said, I think the main thing is his voice didn't really project well. I haven't watched it since it aired. Bruno Mars is probably the GOAT of Super Bowl halftime shows. 

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

Like I said, I think the main thing is his voice didn't really project well. I haven't watched it since it aired. Bruno Mars is probably the GOAT of Super Bowl halftime shows. 

Bruno was good, but I'll take Prince and Gaga's shows over his. 

49 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Bruno was good, but I'll take Prince and Gaga's shows over his. 

Forgot about Prince. His halftime show was way more memorable than that rainy Super Bowl. You have the guitar silhouette that was 100% phallic and literal purple rain. Lady Gaga also put on a great one and I'm not even a big fan of her music.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoBucky said:

They should've just added Cube, Ren, Yella and Gn'R and showcased the two baddest bands to come out of LA, even though they're all obviously older and not dangerous whatsoever anymore. But of they didn't jump at putting Metallica on there when the game was played in the bay area, that would never happen.

Maybe if the super bowl will ever be in San Fran

On 9/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, Coma16 said:

Wouldn't it be something if GNR headlined the halftime show with Hard Skool!

It would be something alright lol

22 hours ago, JimiRose said:

If GnR did it, then it better lip synced.

Lip sync to 20 year old vocals at that..

I think the window for Guns doing a half time show have passed..  2016 maybe 2017 was the time.. They could have played Jungle (with the extended breakdown) which is played at tons of NFL games and Axl was nailing back then.. Other than that I really can't think of what else would be good for a half time show that Axl would sound good on..  

• Like 1

I think that GNR's time was the late 2000's when the Superbowl was focused on classic rock bands, lately it has been more modern or at least modern-relevant acts such as Shakira/J-Lo, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, etc. (aka shitty pop acts people love for some reason lol)

I am looking forward to this one, as a huge fan of all of the guys that are planned. I think it is going to be pretty good.

Since it’s not GN’R, I am 100% fine with this. It is better to me than one of the Ex-Disney “stars” with 1,000 background tracks just standing there looking lost.

Edited by Tourettes2400

10 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I am looking forward to this one, as a huge fan of all of the guys that are planned. I think it is going to be pretty good.

Since it’s not GN’R, I am 100% fine with this. It is better to me than one of the Ex-Disney “stars” with 1,000 background tracks just standing there looking lost.

Honestly I'm just happy it's not another pop star. I'm a big fan of Shady so I'm actually going to pay attention to the halftime show this year :lol: Having Snoop, Dre, and Kendrick is just icing on the cake for me.

Edited by Gibson87

56 minutes ago, Nintari said:

You really think it would be cool to watch what was once the most dangerous band in the world lip syncing during the Super Bowl?

They'd lip sync, and I'd bet the trolls would be accusing them of using vocals from 99'🤣 

And

They'd play a greatest hits set, and Pele would post "told you they don't have any new songs" 

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Like 2