GNR vs SMKC - Who’s Better Musically Live

So I’ve been on a SMKC kick tonight for the first time in years and it got me wondering..with GNR currently touring and releasing a few new songs and SMKC releasing music soon and likely touring…who do you honestly think is a better band musically in recent years? Not history or even necessarily songs in and of themselves..but say since 2016 to now who is a more impressive band live?

I'm not a big fan of SMKC, but they can put on consistent - almost perfect - shows every night. On pure technical performance, i would probably give it to them, but live GN'R is a different experience, and much larger to manage, so it does come with its own challenges and benefits too.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

So I’ve been on a SMKC kick tonight for the first time in years and it got me wondering..with GNR currently touring and releasing a few new songs and SMKC releasing music soon and likely touring…who do you honestly think is a better band musically in recent years? Not history or even necessarily songs in and of themselves..but say since 2016 to now who is a more impressive band live?

Martin, are you practicing material for open Mike night?

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I say both are great but it depends what you are looking for. The big show like Guns or a straight forward rnr gig. If you haven't seen SMKC, they are worth their money. If you haven't seen Guns, take your chance.

Yeah, GNR is obviously the bigger production but my main idea for this thread was simply which band is currently tighter/better however you want to state it disregarding the size or scope of the shows. 

GNR, without a doubt.

I have seen and enjoyed SMKC a few times, but I'm going there only for Slash. I like SMKC's music, but I would only go to multiple concerts for Anastasia (which isn't even SMKC, I think?)

I'm going to GNR for Axl, Slash, Duff and the many, many songs I love.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

GNR, without a doubt.

I have seen and enjoyed SMKC a few times, but I'm going there only for Slash. I like SMKC's music, but I would only go to multiple concerts for Anastasia (which isn't even SMKC, I think?)

I'm going to GNR for Axl, Slash, Duff and the many, many songs I love.

Anastasia is SMKC and since you brought it up, I wish GNR would drop Slither now and give that song a crack at upcoming shows. That’d be pretty damn cool.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Anastasia is SMKC and since you brought it up, I wish GNR would drop Slither now and give that song a crack at upcoming shows. That’d be pretty damn cool.

I think Slither doesn't need to be dropped for Anastasia. There are enough other songs that can be replaced, like The Seeker.

This Sidney version is probably the best thing Slash has ever played in his entire life.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I think Slither doesn't need to be dropped for Anastasia. There are enough other songs that can be replaced, like The Seeker.

This Sidney version is probably the best thing Slash has ever played in his entire life.

Yeah it’s pretty great. Regarding replacing Slither, I was just operating under the idea they would only do one outside but still band member related song. Also Axl doesn’t even sing it correctly so I wouldn’t miss it. Replacing it with Fall To Pieces would also be interesting. 

• Like 2

The instrumental band Slash put together is fantastic, Todd Kerns is a beast. I dont like Myles voice but I cant deny how great of a musician he is. I still dont quite like SMKC music because of him tho, cant stand his voice, but that just my personal opinion. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1