GNR vs SMKC - Who’s Better Musically Live

36 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

SMKC are great live, but the crowd is always DEAD. There's nothing enjoyable about stood with a few thousand other people just nodding along waiting for a GNR track. 

Can't confirm, I think the audience knows what to expect on a SMKC show and they seem to enjoy it. Besides, they only played Nightrain on their last run but everyone looked pretty satisfied with that gig I went to.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

It's great they don't have to do covers anymore, they have enough material of their own to chose from. Wish they'd do Battleground though. 

The crowds were pretty wild in London, and they used it for the dvd.

And these are quality shows even without covers.

But you're right, I can't remember if they ever did Battleground. I hope they keep The One You Loved Is Gone in the set though because personally I think it's the better track.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

These are good too

One thing I like about SMKC shows is that (at this point anyway) most of the crowd isn't casuals, they're more hardcore fans who know the original material. On earlier tours there were more GnR VR Snakepit tunes played and more casuals in the crowd who wanted to hear those songs played by Slash; now they're playing 90% SMKC songs and the crowd is there for those (because they can see GnR play GnR songs). Makes the show more enjoyable because people aren't standing around waiting for SCOM or whatever.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Can't confirm, I think the audience knows what to expect on a SMKC show and they seem to enjoy it. Besides, they only played Nightrain on their last run but everyone looked pretty satisfied with that gig I went to.

Seem them 3 times and each time has been the same for me. Maybe I've been unlucky. Audience enjoys it, didn't say otherwise, bit seems sterile compared to most gigs. When Nightrain was played, the crowd went nuts.  

Myles is a great musician and all that but i can't stand his voice, I've tried but i just can't stand it for longer periods.. and that's a shame cause the songs itself are really good. So for me GN'R.  I feel about Myles just like I feel about Guns rythm section (Ferrer) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:16 PM, estranged_85 said:

Myles is a great musician and all that but i can't stand his voice, I've tried but i just can't stand it for longer periods.. and that's a shame cause the songs itself are really good. So for me GN'R.  I feel about Myles just like I feel about Guns rythm section (Ferrer) 

I wouldnt judge the stuff he makes, none my cup of vodka, but that voice is so soulless, fake and annoying to me. I hate most of the gnr covers, but only myles makes me wish I had a gun :D 

On 10/20/2021 at 4:59 AM, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

I wouldnt judge the stuff he makes, none my cup of vodka, but that voice is so soulless, fake and annoying to me. I hate most of the gnr covers, but only myles makes me wish I had a gun :D 

Interesting. Is there an Axl fronted version of this song from the last 20 years that tops this performance?

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1