GNR to release new EP in February

This is the laziest EP ever. They should have done NiTL live release, or Best Of, with 2 bonus tracks, rather than this single release being pawned as an "EP".

Let's hope this is really more just a single (with bonus live tracks) for an upcoming album, that is delayed because of Rona.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s not an EP. Its a “maxi single” or whatever. It’s fine.

Honestly “The Civil War EP” should’ve just been labeled as a maxi single too, cause that’s what it really is. Same with Nirvana’s Blew EP.

Yes, exactly. It's not an EP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1987b said:

Should have threw Wichita lineman and the seeker on there instead of don’t cry and crazy. Strange picks for the live songs. Even a live version of Madagascar would have been interesting 

Absolutely.  Having live versions of CD songs w/ Slash & Duff on them to own would have been great

5 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

CD single being released four months, and vinyl releasing eight months after both songs are already publicly available....good job, fellas!

Why are GNR so useless at delivering things on time? Apparently the UYI boxset is also "still coming", once again not learning anything after ALSO delivering the AFD boxset 1 year late. You'd think a band this big would have people who got their shit together to handle this, but no, awful on every level

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why are GNR so useless at delivering things on time? Apparently the UYI boxset is also "still coming", once again not learning anything after ALSO delivering the AFD boxset 1 year late. You'd think a band this big would have people who got their shit together to handle this, but no, awful on every level

This is what happens when you have your "Mommy", who would be cleaning bathrooms if she'd never met Axl, managing his business affairs.  It'd be comical if it weren't so...ABSURD.

• Like 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

I like Hard Skool. Absurd was alright. 

But is Axl's voice shot or something? Because it seems like whatever they record or release it has to already have an Axl vocal track on it. 

My guess is he wants to use the work he already finished and not let it go to waste. If I remember right he said during the 2016 China exchange thing that he "didn't record all this music to not release it". Might just be prioritising the stuff that was essentially finished and now get a rework by Slash and Duff, after those songs are complete I can see them working on something new, in the best case scenario. Who knows what's actually going on