What songs has vocals after 1999

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

If Axl said Cuban Skies is about cigars, it's got to have lyrics written atleast, an instrumental can't "be about cigars". Points to it having vocals if he went through the effort to write to it

i was thinking that i thought i saw somewhere i while back about cuban skies on the next album

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If Axl said Cuban Skies is about cigars, it's got to have lyrics written atleast, an instrumental can't "be about cigars". Points to it having vocals if he went through the effort to write to it

That sounds more like he was making a joke than a serious statement

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Yes, it turned into 'Goodbye' by Saivu - likely because Rose didn't progress it at all.

i think Richard worked with Saivu on it

1 minute ago, Flayer said:

That sounds more like he was making a joke than a serious statement

i think axl was being serious the song was meant to be about how much Axl loved Cuban cigars

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What, how could anything about that possibly be funny in any way? Seems more like it just makes sense that a song titled Cuban Skies is about cigars.

Either way, the guy who heard it only heard an instrumental part - no vocals

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What, how could anything about that possibly be funny in any way? Seems more like it just makes sense that a song titled Cuban Skies is about cigars.

did it have another name i can't remember

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Either way, the guy who heard it only heard an instrumental part - no vocals

do you have proof may i ask

After 1999 I can think of The General, Scraped, the raspy remix of This I Love (the album version too, right?), Blood On The Water (wether it’s only that line or an unknown full song), those few songs that Axl guested on friend’s albums, the backing vocals for Going Down, Rock The Rock…

There may be some more though. Maybe Shackler’s and Sorry too. Better?

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

- Better, Scraped & Shacklers , Going Down, & The General were likely recorded between 2004 & 2006, right?

- Soul Monster was, what, New Years Eve '06, or 2007?

- Vocals for Bach's record were done in 2006.

Either way, we're looking at these examples being over fifteen years ago. 

What other examples could we have for studio work beyond then?

- This I Love re-mix and Blood in the Water have DIFFERENT vocals, though, not necessarily newer.  Could have simply been different takes?

- The Looney Tunes track is much more recent, clearly.  This is the sole evidence we currently have that he's been in the studio at any point in the past decade.  Is that correct?

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

did it have another name i can't remember

do you have proof may i ask

We've no proof on anything. 

The whole story could be false - but the guy said Axl told him he had a song called Cuban Skies that was about cigars.  Then he played him part of it and there were Spanish guitars.  He said he heard no vocals.  Either Axl stopped before the vocals started, or it was yet another instrumental demo.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

We've no proof on anything. 

The whole story could be false - but the guy said Axl told him he had a song called Cuban Skies that was about cigars.  Then he played him part of it and there were Spanish guitars.  He said he heard no vocals.  Either Axl stopped before the vocals started, or it was yet another song from 1999.

no pele i think it was after 1999 i'd say 2001

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The General/Soul Monster/Cuban Skies/Tonto/Monstrosity were all on the CD II track list that also contained Perhaps. Anyone with a double digit IQ realizes they have vocals. I'm less confident about tracks like Oklahoma/Berlin or Zodiac.

How could we presume that the vocals would be any more developed than they were on Quick Song or Nothing, though?