What songs has vocals after 1999

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Another thing. Sometimes the band just does things because it's fun. We fans tend to overanalyze every little thing, trying to find some supreme meaning behind every decision, piece of lyric or delivery. Everything needs to be a profound epic. A master piece. Some serious deep music. And although Axl can be extremely serious about his music, the band also has a history of just having fun and not taking itself and everything they do as serious. We super fans tend to be more fans of the band than they are. And at some level it even scares them :lol: 

I agree. I believe the release of the songs was for the die hards fans and to give the band a little extra juice on stage. And Soul Monster, I would never argue with you after reading your thoughts in the UFO thread. I know you are not the one to fuck with. 

2 hours ago, Ixtlan said:

I agree. I believe the release of the songs was for the die hards fans and to give the band a little extra juice on stage. And Soul Monster, I would never argue with you after reading your thoughts in the UFO thread. I know you are not the one to fuck with. 

I'd believe in UFO's over Zodiac/Seven/Cuban Skies with vocals.

oooh... Weeeeelll.... Peleeee.... Are you saying that the ONLY true finished GNR songs between 1992 - 2022 are?:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Shackler's Revenge
  3. Better
  4. Street Of Dreams
  5. If The World
  6. There Was a Time
  7. Catcher In The Rye
  8. Scraped
  9. Riad N' The Bedouins
  10. Sorry
  11. IRS
  12. Madagascar
  13. This I Love
  14. Prostitute
  15. Oh My God
  16. Absurd!
  17. Hard Skool
  18. Atlas Shrugged
  19. Perhaps
  20. Thyme
  21. The General
  22. Going Down

Only those 22 songs?

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy

1 hour ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

oooh... Weeeeelll.... Peleeee.... Are you saying that the ONLY true finished GNR songs between 1992 - 2022 are?:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Shackler's Revenge
  3. Better
  4. Street Of Dreams
  5. If The World
  6. There Was a Time
  7. Catcher In The Rye
  8. Scraped
  9. Riad N' The Bedouins
  10. Sorry
  11. IRS
  12. Madagascar
  13. This I Love
  14. Prostitute
  15. Oh My God
  16. Absurd!
  17. Hard Skool
  18. Atlas Shrugged
  19. Perhaps
  20. Thyme
  21. The General
  22. Going Down

Only those 22 songs?

Yes, and I don't know how 'finished' The General is.

And I think Thyme is 90 seconds of instrumental keyboard music with some strings over it.

3 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Shackler's Revenge
  3. Better
  4. Street Of Dreams
  5. If The World
  6. There Was a Time
  7. Catcher In The Rye
  8. Scraped
  9. Riad N' The Bedouins
  10. Sorry
  11. IRS
  12. Madagascar
  13. This I Love
  14. Prostitute
  15. Oh My God
  16. Absurd!
  17. Hard Skool
  18. Atlas Shrugged
  19. Perhaps
  20. Thyme
  21. The General
  22. Going Down

Only those 22 songs?

I don’t think any of the band members have confirmed any songs outside this list. Even Axl said there was not nearly as many songs as Baz recalls. I think this list is mostly accurate. Maybe one or two songs more, but that is probably all.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I don’t think any of the band members have confirmed any songs outside this list. Even Axl said there was not nearly as many songs as Baz recalls. I think this list is mostly accurate. Maybe one or two songs more, but that is probably all.

There's some titles been confirmed, but no evidence they are finished.

Songs not on this list that do have confirmed involvement from Rose are as follows:

• State of Grace (vocal nearly complete)
  • Nothing (basic vocal melody worked on)
  • Quick Song (vocal melody worked on)
  • Eye on You (My World level crap)

Songs that could possibly include Rose.  Personally, I don't believe any are completed and usable

• Oklahoma (on Village Disc as instrumental, heard by Rolling Stone as instrumental, but meaning of the song was mentioned by Rose - suggesting there are some lyrics)
  • 100 Cuban Skies (listed on an internal memo with a potential tracklist for CD2 - mentioned by a guy on another forum who heard music only)
  • Soulmonster (Or Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul) (listed on an internal memo with a potential tracklist for CD2, Axl mentioned on the forum he'd sung the song)
  • Tonto (listed on an internal memo with a potential tracklist for CD2)
Edited by Pele

On 12/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, Pele said:

Why not put it on Chinese then?

When Chinese came out, the intent was to release the already completed CD2 the following year or so. No band is going to put all of their best songs on an album when they intend on dropping another shortly afterwards.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

When Chinese came out, the intent was to release the already completed CD2 the following year or so. No band is going to put all of their best songs on an album when they intend on dropping another shortly afterwards.

Lol at already completed.

It isn't even finished now.

• Like 1

I believe the list made by Pele is ok, but mine's slightly different. The year is when I think Axl put the vocals:

1. Chinese Democracy [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [BH extended solo]
  2. Street Of Dreams [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [Paul Buckmaster orchestra]
  3. If The World [1999]
  4. There Was a Time [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [BH extended solo - Paul Buckmaster orchestra]
  5. Catcher In The Rye [1999]
  6. Riad N' The Bedouins [1999]
  7. IRS [1999]
  8. Madagascar [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [Paul Buckmaster orchestra]
  9. Prostitute [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [Paul Buckmaster orchestra]
  10. Oh My God [1999]
  11. Atlas Shrugged [1999]
  12. Perhaps [1999]
  13. Silkworms [1999]
  14. State Of Grace [1999]
  15. Hard Skool [1999]
  16. Thyme [1999] - major upgrade in 2002 [Marco Beltrami orchestra]
  17. Going Down [2000] - major upgrade in 2002
  18. Better [2002]
  19. Cuban Skies [2002]
  20. Sorry [2005]
  21. Berlin [2005]
  22. Soul Monster [2005] - instrumental upgraded in 2002 [Marco Beltrami orchestra]
  23. Seven [2005] - instrumental upgraded in 2002 [Marco Beltrami orchestra]
  24. The General [2005] - instrumental upgraded in 2002 [Marco Beltrami orchestra]
  25. This I Love [2005] - instrumental upgraded in 2002 [Paul Buckmaster orchestra]
  26. Shackler's Revenge [2005]
  27. Scraped [2005]

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

16 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I believe the list made by Pele is ok, but mine's slightly different. The year is when I think Axl put the vocals:

1. Shackler's Revenge [2005]

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

Out of interest, how did you compile this list? Is it purely down to estimations? Reason is because Axl famously said on this board that the lyrics to Shackler's were written in response to the Virginia Tech shooting (2007).

5 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Out of interest, how did you compile this list? Is it purely down to estimations? Reason is because Axl famously said on this board that the lyrics to Shackler's were written in response to the Virginia Tech shooting (2007).

They are just making random stuff up for the sake of making more "lists" honestly lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, CAFC Nick said:

The song is RELATED to that.

Yes... IT MUST BE. Butttt.... well, the lyrics can be earlier and be RELATED anyways... Don't you think, you, novice?!

It's like the court thing in "Oklahoma". And maybe, that's just an instrumental song since 1998.

So, you can't handle the truth you know?! 

Because everything can be allright and be the true... and sometimes, NOT.

And this would be the scenario, the case, you know.

You only just own your own mind. And nothing else.

Maybe Rose just lied about it.. And what you can do about it? NOTHING, of course!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

The song is RELATED to that.

Yes... IT MUST BE. Butttt.... well, the lyrics can be earlier and be RELATED anyways... Don't you think, you, novice?!

It's like the court thing in "Oklahoma". And maybe, that's just an instrumental song since 1998.

So, you can't handle the truth you know?! 

Because everything can be allright and be the true... and sometimes, NOT.

And this would be the scenario, the case, you know.

You only just own your own mind. And nothing else.

Maybe Rose just lied about it.. And what you can do about it? NOTHING, of course!

172x59.jpg.a89dcf8d85ea43074762591fef14f2ca.jpg