What songs has vocals after 1999

13 minutes ago, Pele said:

Oh sorry. You previously said he'd said it multiple times. I would hardly count him saying it once as 4tus saying it repeatedly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Let's be honest with ourselves, a $5000 bet between strangers online isn't going to be honored.

You might be right about that, but I wouldn't be the one who chickens out of it. If you think we should lower the bet or something, I'm fine with that.

3 hours ago, Pele said:

In real life, would I take the bet?  Probably not.  It's stacked against me too much - they could release whatever the hell that 'Blood in the Water' shit was as a bonus track tagged onto some live release and I'd lose.  They may have recorded 'The Seeker' and that could drop.

I see what you're saying and we can refine the bet for sure. Blood in the Water was a weird remix of the song Prostitute. We can agree that new versions of previously released songs don't count and cover songs don't count either.

So how does this bet sound:

If GNR releases a song other than Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, The General, Soulmonster/Monstrosity or Tonto that has full vocals by Axl recorded after 1999 and is not a cover or a new version of a previously released song, then you will to pay me 5000$. If no such song will be released within the next ten years, I'll pay you 5000$.

How does that bet sound like?

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

Oh sorry. You previously said he'd said it multiple times. I would hardly count him saying it once as 4tus saying it repeatedly. 

"Also I'm still waiting Pele to put his money where his mouth is and show these supposed multiple quotes from 4tus saying Axl is finishing vocals. I'm certain Pele is making up crap again. There are no interviews of him saying that post 2006. "

Literally found an example of him saying it post 2006 within 5 mins and you're still not happy?

Sorry

Shacklers Revenge

Better

Those are three that we know for absolute certain 1) have vocals - becasue we heard them 2) and were recorded after 00. Another song we've actually heard that probably has later vocals is Scraped. There were also late overdubs on CD songs that had "99 vocals". These are the things we actually know.

See no reason to assume other vocals weren't done over the years for songs we haven't heard yet. For example: we know The General has vocals - we heard the phone recording of it.

Pele writing definitive lists like this is just dumb. It's all rooted in pessimism despite there being ample evidence to suggest there have been plenty of vocals recorded after 1999.

• Like 1

Just now, batatadoce said:

saivu

Well whatever got said, Richard Fortus (as Saivu) released a song called Goodbye using the music of 'As It Began'.

Guns n Roses didn't use the music for any release.

So either the song was given to Richard, or he just took it.

3 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

You might be right about that, but I wouldn't be the one who chickens out of it. If you think we should lower the bet or something, I'm fine with that.

I see what you're saying and we can refine the bet for sure. Blood in the Water was a weird remix of the song Prostitute. We can agree that new versions of previously released songs don't count and cover songs don't count either.

So how does this bet sound:

If GNR releases a song other than Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, The General, Soulmonster/Monstrosity or Tonto that has full vocals by Axl recorded after 1999 and is not a cover or a new version of a previously released song, then you will to pay me 5000$. If no such song will be released within the next ten years, I'll pay you 5000$.

How does that bet sound like?

Seriously, what do you think is going to happen here?

I make a note in the diary a decade from now (when this forum will likely be history), and try and track you down somehow for $5000?

Grow up.  They aren't going to release a 'new' song with full vocals that we haven't heard before.  If they do, I'll apologize, but they wont.

4 minutes ago, Axl S said:

Sorry

Shacklers Revenge

Better

Those are three that we know for absolute certain 1) have vocals - becasue we heard them 2) and were recorded after 00. Another song we've actually heard that probably has later vocals is Scraped. There were also late overdubs on CD songs that had "99 vocals". These are the things we actually know.

See no reason to assume other vocals weren't done over the years for songs we haven't heard yet. For example: we know The General has vocals - we heard the phone recording of it.

Pele writing definitive lists like this is just dumb. It's all rooted in pessimism despite there being ample evidence to suggest there have been plenty of vocals recorded after 1999.

For the thousandth time, I haven't said nothing was recorded post 99.  I know Scraped/TIL/Better/Shacklers/General/Going Down/Sorry was.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Yeah we know he has Atlas.  Here's a clue - when he has to release another 'new' track, it's gonna be Atlas or Perhaps.

It's not going to be any of the following:

Quick Song
Eye on You
Nothing
Soul Monster
Cuban Skies
Prom Violence
Thyme
PRL
Mustache
Zodiac
Real Doll
Billionaire
Dub Suplex
Devious Bastard
Dummy
Circus Maximus 
D-Tune
Curly Shuffle
As It Began
The Rebel

Why do you think that is?

Because most of these songs have likely not been developed into full songs whereas Atlas was considered for inclusion on CD. But that doesn't mean Axl hasn't developed any of these songs into full songs with vocals by now, that is just something you believe without any good reason. We know quite a few of the Village leaks did turn into complete songs. It would be foolish to disregard the possibility that some of them exist with vocals, but of course that is not stopping you. 

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

For the thousandth time, I haven't said nothing was recorded post 99.  I know Scraped/TIL/Better/Shacklers/General/Going Down/Sorry was.

Then based on that why do you keep thinking there's very few complete songs with vocals left? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

"Also I'm still waiting Pele to put his money where his mouth is and show these supposed multiple quotes from 4tus saying Axl is finishing vocals. I'm certain Pele is making up crap again. There are no interviews of him saying that post 2006. "

Literally found an example of him saying it post 2006 within 5 mins and you're still not happy?

I thought you said he'd said it multiple times. I didn't realise you meant once. 

Life's too short for your  sad repetition tbh. You litterally either say the same sentence or post a list. The same shit over and over. I need to put you on ignore to get my sanity back. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Because most of these songs have likely not been developed into full songs whereas Atlas was considered for inclusion on CD. But that doesn't mean Axl hasn't developed any of these songs into full songs with vocals by now, that is just something you believe without any good reason. We know quite a few of the Village leaks did turn into complete songs. It would be foolish to disregard the possibility that some of them exist with vocals, but of course that is not stopping you. 

Because he hasn't heard the tracks. Shock horror Axl might have recorded vocals and have one song Pele is unaware of but of course as Pele hasn't heard it it doesn't exist. 

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Ok, what's your stance then?

He has recorded all of these songs, but you're not expecting to hear any of them as he may never release any of them?

No, I have never said I believe all demos from the Village sessions have been developed into full songs with vocals. It is either/or with you, isn't it? :lol: Either Axl hasn't completed any more songs than is known to us or he has completed them all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pele said:

Poblem is, I can never be proved right.  Soul Monster is my biggest critic, yet he now claims he's not necessarily expecting to hear any songs from Axl.

Whut? :lol: I have never said any such thing. 

If your inability to grasp what others are saying is on par with your reductive reasoning, then no wonder you so steadfastly has concluded there is no possibility additional songs with vocals exist. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I have never said I believe all demos from the Village sessions have been developed into full songs with vocals. It is either/or with you, isn't it? :lol: Either Axl hasn't completed any more songs than is known to us or he has completed them all. 

Well be sure to let me know when you hear one.

1 hour ago, denin said:

Because you might contribute more to the discussion that way. 

Now you just come off as someone who cares a lot and tries to convince themselves otherwise. Know thyself ;)

What gibberish are you spouting? You don't know me from a hole in the wall.

It is entirely possible to have more than one thought simultaneously about something.

If you don't care for my opinions, or don't think they contribute anything of merit, don't read 'em.

I think it's silly to fixate on a handful of discs that Tom Zutaut had for review during his brief return as AR man in 2001. The project continued after that point with various vocal recording sessions confirmed between 02-07. Those Village discs are a snapshot in time of where recording was at that point and it probably isn't the totality of everything around that time either - just look at the serial numbers on the discs.

After that point it all depends on how reliable you think Fortus is, although we at least know he did step into a studio post 2016 to do that cartoon song so it's not like it's impossible for him to step into a recording booth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Axl S said:

I think it's silly to fixate on a handful of discs that Tom Zutaut had for review during his brief return as AR man in 2001. The project continued after that point with various vocal recording sessions confirmed between 02-07. Those Village discs are a snapshot in time of where recording was at that point and it probably isn't the totality of everything around that time either - just look at the serial numbers on the discs.

That would ring true if they weren't releasing singles with vocal tracks taken from those very disks some 21 years later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Axl S said:

After that point it all depends on how reliable you think Fortus is, although we at least know he did step into a studio post 2016 to do that cartoon song so it's not like it's impossible for him to step into a recording booth.

Exactly. Imagine having a similar leak from 2004 or something. There would be songs they would have dropped, we might have never heard of something like realdoll.com or dummy but might have had Seven and Thyme

3 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

or even the General

Yeah certainly. I think each era having it's its own locker discs collection is interesting. Every year that passed you essentially mix of the album and a load of instrumentals. I always think 2003 to 2005 would be interesting to have a load of discs to see where they were at. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Yeah certainly. I think each era having it's its own locker discs collection is interesting. Every year that passed you essentially mix of the album and a load of instrumentals. I always think 2003 to 2005 would be interesting to have a load of discs to see where they were at. 

i just wish someone from the band says what was really done from all those breaks before chinese was released and also telling us that pele is a fraud

4 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i just wish someone from the band says what was really done from all those breaks before chinese was released and also telling us that pele is a fraud

It will never happen.

Nothing was done.

There were a load of demos from Bucket/Brain/Robin that got untouched and that was it.

He finally got round to finishing The General.

Lol at believing their could be a locker leak from each year!

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

It will never happen.

Nothing was done.

There were a load of demos from Bucket/Brain/Robin that got untouched and that was it.

He finally got round to finishing The General.

Lol at believing their could be a locker leak from each year!

stop saying this bullshit if you have no proof we know this info from leaks/the band saying a while back

• Like 1