What songs has vocals after 1999

40 minutes ago, Pele said:

It will never happen.

Nothing was done.

There were a load of demos from Bucket/Brain/Robin that got untouched and that was it.

He finally got round to finishing The General.

Lol at believing their could be a locker leak from each year!

Lots was done between 2003 and 5. Scrapped, better, Shacklers, multiple recording involving Tommy and Brain. Orchestra sessions, further work on other tracks including the General, going down, soul monster etc. 

I wouldn't say this amounts to nothing. 

• Like 2

What exactly is the end goal of this debate in the first place to make everyone (well Pele in particular) so fired up about considering we really have no idea what occurs in GNR land to begin with? lol like I dunno, I could see debating it for a day or two but it really is something that doesn't matter much, no?

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

What exactly is the end goal of this debate in the first place to make everyone (well Pele in particular) so fired up about considering we really have no idea what occurs in GNR land to begin with? lol like I dunno, I could see debating it for a day or two but it really is something that doesn't matter much, no?

That's the thing: none of us know the actual answer. However, Pele keeps trying to insinuate that he's got some info none of the rest of us know. 

It's him pretending to present his opinion as fact while hinting that it's inside info. We all know he has no legitimate source and that it's just his opinion but he keeps posting it as fact..

So yeah none of us, including Pele, have any actual inside source and we certainly have no way to prove either side is right. 

• Like 2

Correct, none of us have any inside info. All we have is the evidence and information that is out there to make educated guesses based on. The educated guess is there are probably more songs with vocals that exist in Axl's bunker.

Just an educated guess though, not presenting that as fact like Pele keeps trying to do.

Edited by Axl S
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, oneway23 said:

- Better, Scraped & Shacklers , Going Down, & The General were likely recorded between 2004 & 2006, right?

- Soul Monster was, what, New Years Eve '06, or 2007?

- Vocals for Bach's record were done in 2006.

Either way, we're looking at these examples being over fifteen years ago. 

What other examples could we have for studio work beyond then?

- This I Love re-mix and Blood in the Water have DIFFERENT vocals, though, not necessarily newer.  Could have simply been different takes?

- The Looney Tunes track is much more recent, clearly.  This is the sole evidence we currently have that he's been in the studio at any point in the past decade.  Is that correct?

Shackler's has to be '07 or '08 because it was inspired by the Virginia Tech shooting which happened in the spring of 2007. Unless Axl has a time machine, got inspired by the events in spring 2007, went back to an Alternate 1999, laid down the vocals, then returned to Actual 2008 to talk about this in the forum chats.

• ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, SOH said:

Shackler's has to be '07 or '08 because it was inspired by the Virginia Tech shooting which happened in the spring of 2007. Unless Axl has a time machine, got inspired by the events in spring 2007, went back to an Alternate 1999, laid down the vocals, then returned to Actual 2008 to talk about this in the forum chats.

That would make the recording session after the last confirmed recording dates prior to the album being released. Which were very early 07 I think. We dont really have information about any recording over 07, in December i believe Beta said it was done and they'd stopped recording and itd been handed over to the label. 

16 hours ago, Pele said:

and like I keep saying - 'plans change', likely due to Rose's unwillingness to work.

All because the frontman simply refuses to record.

"Unwillingness to work" is inaccurate and unfair. Also, "chooses not to record" is the more accurate phrase.

The term 'refuse' suggests he's under some sort of obligation to do so, which of course he is not.

Furthermore, we really have no idea if he has or hasn't recorded. We only know that he hasn't released. There's a clear difference.

If he hasn't recorded and isn't likely to ever record again, my guess is that it has more to do with the condition/sound of his voice than an unwillingness to work.

I mean, the amount of touring AXL and the band has done the past 5 years has surely been a lot of work. As was the touring he did with NuGNR for a decade+. As was his stint with AC/DC. So he's clearly willing to work. Which is why your assertion is inaccurate and unfair.

The condition/sound of his voice seemingly plays a more pivotal role in recording new music versus playing live shows to nostalgic fans. He can get away with what his voice sounds like most days when touring.

With regard to new music, it may be as simple as AXL not feeling like the quality of his voice is good enough for it any more. There are a lot of members here that would agree with that assessment.

If that's why he chooses not to record anymore, I can certainly understand that.

Edited by thunderram
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

What, how could anything about that possibly be funny in any way? Seems more like it just makes sense that a song titled Cuban Skies is about cigars.

It would be funny because he trolled you into believing something stupid. Fair chance the song doesn’t even have anything to do with Cuba at all, given the record on Madagascar.

Edited by Flayer

14 minutes ago, Flayer said:

It would be funny because he trolled you into believing something stupid. Fair chance the song doesn’t even have anything to do with Cuba at all, given the record on Madagascar.

wouldn't be suprised with either outcome i've seen the song was about axl's love for cuban cigars but we wouldn't know if that's true it could be about slash for all we know

57 minutes ago, Flayer said:

I think you and me have different definitions of whats stupid:lol:A rockstar writing a song about cuban cigars, which are pretty goddamn famous, is not unlikely or stupid to me at all, it's actually smart because it fits with the song title and spanish guitars. We can assume all kinds of shit but this is an olympic level stretch to me lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

6 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

did axl say if the song "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and me?" was real or fake cause this was done around 1999

In 2008, Axl said he had written an instrumental and experimental piece called "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me?" after having seen parts of the movie End of Days (1999). He also said he considered this music as solo music.

So yeah, it is not fake, but also without vocals.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 中国民主 said:

Surely someone more educated on the subject can shed some light on it, but I vaguely remember a producer (?) saying something along the lines of "There was also a track called 'Devious Bastard' with Rose screaming all over it". Is my memory tricking me here? I can't find the quote anywhere -__- 

i haven't heard that myself i just know it's a song done during the village sessions

57 minutes ago, 中国民主 said:

Surely someone more educated on the subject can shed some light on it, but I vaguely remember a producer (?) saying something along the lines of "There was also a track called 'Devious Bastard' with Rose screaming all over it". Is my memory tricking me here? I can't find the quote anywhere -__- 

I can't remember it and when searching through my database of all articles up to 2010, I can get no hits for "screaming all over it". Also zero hits for "devious bastard".

56 minutes ago, 中国民主 said:

It wasn't a producer, but a fake "insider". It was someone who posted at the Steve Hoffman forums about a year ago claiming to be an "insider", then his posts were deleted. We'd discussed it on here recently in another thread, and then suddenly someone claiming to be the same "insider" started posting again the same things and various lists (including the fake "new EP") at the Hoffman forums. That poster of course was proven to be a troll.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:54 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Why would this forum be down after 10 years? It's been around for decades and it's the biggest GNR forum.

The site owner has already acknowledged the forum is losing popularity and won't be around forever as Discord/Facebbok groups are more popular now:

Outside of the natural decline in forums, there are several reasons this forum may not be around in a decade from now:

• The band wont release a new album
  • Anything exciting (i.e. Locker Leak Heist) always involves banned members and is discussed/planned elsewhere
  • Fernando is more engaged with Reddit and did a long, extensive voice chat with the Discord Group (most of whom are banned members)
  • The forum shuts down and goes 'members only' when anything exciting happens

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

The site owner has already acknowledged the forum is losing popularity and won't be around forever as Discord/Facebbok groups are more popular now:

Outside of the natural decline in forums, there are several reasons this forum may not be around in a decade from now:

• The band wont release a new album
  • Anything exciting (i.e. Locker Leak Heist) always involves banned members and is discussed/planned elsewhere
  • Fernando is more engaged with Reddit and did a long, extensive voice chat with the Discord Group (most of whom are banned members)
  • The forum shuts down and goes 'members only' when anything exciting happens

• Axl hasn't recorded vocals post 1999
  • All of Axl's vocals recorded post 1999 are actually from before 1999
  • Axl has a time machine.
  • :D

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In 2008, Axl said he had written an instrumental and experimental piece called "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me?" after having seen parts of the movie End of Days (1999). He also said he considered this music as solo music.

So yeah, it is not fake, but also without vocals.

What a fucking surprise