Jump to content

What songs has vocals after 1999


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In 2008, Axl said he had written an instrumental and experimental piece called "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me?" after having seen parts of the movie End of Days (1999). He also said he considered this music as solo music.

So yeah, it is not fake, but also without vocals.

What a fucking surprise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 11:08 AM, Pele said:

Good question, glad you asked.

IMO, the status of the unreleased songs is as below (not including re-recorded versions of existing tracks)

Completed vocals

  • Atlas Shrugged
  • Perhaps

Incomplete vocals

  • State of Grace
  • Quick Song
  • Eye on You
  • Nothing

Possible incomplete vocal

  • Monstrosity
  • Oklahoma
  • Tonto
  • Soul Monster
  • Cuban Skies

No vocal

  • Prom Violence
  • Thyme (likely intended as instrumental)
  • PRL
  • Mustache
  • Zodiac
  • Real Doll
  • Billionaire
  • Dub Suplex
  • Devious Bastard
  • Dummy
  • Circus Maximus (likely Seven)
  • D-Tune
  • Curly Shuffle
  • As It Began
  • The Rebel

Possible Covers which would contain vocals

  • Wichita Lineman
  • The Seeker
  • Light My Fire

 

Bookmark it

 

 

Just get a life bud lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, oneway23 said:

- Better, Scraped & Shacklers , Going Down, & The General were likely recorded between 2004 & 2006, right?

- Soul Monster was, what, New Years Eve '06, or 2007?

- Vocals for Bach's record were done in 2006.

Either way, we're looking at these examples being over fifteen years ago. 

 

What other examples could we have for studio work beyond then?

- This I Love re-mix and Blood in the Water have DIFFERENT vocals, though, not necessarily newer.  Could have simply been different takes?

- The Looney Tunes track is much more recent, clearly.  This is the sole evidence we currently have that he's been in the studio at any point in the past decade.  Is that correct?

Haven’t read the whole thread yet but i hope Axl recorded everything in 2006. His studio vocals would have been flawless around this time 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 4:08 AM, Pele said:

Good question, glad you asked.

IMO, the status of the unreleased songs is as below (not including re-recorded versions of existing tracks)

Completed vocals

  • Atlas Shrugged
  • Perhaps

Incomplete vocals

  • State of Grace
  • Quick Song
  • Eye on You
  • Nothing

Possible incomplete vocal

  • Monstrosity
  • Oklahoma
  • Tonto
  • Soul Monster
  • Cuban Skies

No vocal

  • Prom Violence
  • Thyme (likely intended as instrumental)
  • PRL
  • Mustache
  • Zodiac
  • Real Doll
  • Billionaire
  • Dub Suplex
  • Devious Bastard
  • Dummy
  • Circus Maximus (likely Seven)
  • D-Tune
  • Curly Shuffle
  • As It Began
  • The Rebel

Possible Covers which would contain vocals

  • Wichita Lineman
  • The Seeker
  • Light My Fire

 

Bookmark it

 

 

How do you know this? No disrespect, but have you just listened to the village leaks, and assumed that's the sum total of what Axl has? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In 2008, Axl said he had written an instrumental and experimental piece called "Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me?" after having seen parts of the movie End of Days (1999). He also said he considered this music as solo music.

So yeah, it is not fake, but also without vocals.

 

34719402-993E-4A3F-916B-37A59DE7DB1C.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

How do you know this? No disrespect, but have you just listened to the village leaks, and assumed that's the sum total of what Axl has? 

exactly. He's a knob. Also missed out the General

10 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

why are u back? The fourm was quite without you

also it isn't a guns song read it well

He's actually obsessed, its really quite sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Matinator said:

“State of Graces vocal track Is a scratch” has become the new “no way the new song is Prostitute it doesn’t even sound like he’s saying it”

Disagree.  If by miracle that song is ever released (it won't be), I'm confident Axl would use a different vocal track.

Unfortunately, that's the very reason you'll never ever hear of it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 11:21 PM, Pele said:

The site owner has already acknowledged the forum is losing popularity and won't be around forever as Discord/Facebbok groups are more popular now:

Outside of the natural decline in forums, there are several reasons this forum may not be around in a decade from now:

  • The band wont release a new album
  • Anything exciting (i.e. Locker Leak Heist) always involves banned members and is discussed/planned elsewhere
  • Fernando is more engaged with Reddit and did a long, extensive voice chat with the Discord Group (most of whom are banned members)
  • The forum shuts down and goes 'members only' when anything exciting happens

 

I mean ANY bet could get cancelled with the other party dying unexpectedly or something. If you fear losing on a bet you can always come up with excuses not to make the bet.

But like I said this forum has existed for decades and it is the most popular GNR forum. MYGNR has tons of users who have been here forever and have no reason to go elsewhere to talk about GNR, so most likely MYGNR will be here ten years from now.

If you win the bet, all you have to do is to come here and tag me in your post to remind me of the bet. Then you'll get your money.

What do you have to lose? If you actually believe all the bullshit that you're spreading here, this should be easy money for you.

So are we going to make the bet or not? It's up to you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Zutaut, the album was ready to be released in 2010 and then the reunion happened. So I think it's safe to say that there's at least one album worth of songs with vocals. That album included Absurd, Atlas Shrugged and Hard School. We also know that The General has vocals, because we've heard that phone recording, and although we couldn't understand the lyrics, we could hear that there were vocals on the song. We also know that Perhaps has vocals.

So if the second album has the same length of CD, we're looking at about 8 or 9 songs with finished vocals without counting with The General, Absurd, Atlas, Hard School and Perhaps.

I'm guessing State of Grace, Soul Monster, Quick Song, Seven and Oklahoma/Berlin all have completed vocals by now. They were all supposed to be on the next album, so that leaves us with 3 or 4 "unknown" songs. One of those songs could be PRL, since the album was supposed to be called PRL and there's actually a song with that name on the Village Sessions.

Those 3 or 4 unknown songs could be some of the following:

  • PRL
  • Cuban Skies
  • Monstrosity
  • Tonto
  • Zodiac
  • Going Down
  • Eye on You (Highly doubt they will do this song, since excerpts were released on HS)
  • Oh My God (If they want to re-release it)
  • As It Began
  • Devious Bastard
  • Curly Shuffle
  • D Tune
  • Down By The Ocean
  • Light My Fire

Obviously this is only speculation, as things can change any minute, working titles can develop to other titles, Slash and Duff might have a say on what they wanna record or not and who knows if there's ever another album. They might turn it into an EP or singles along the way.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

According to Zutaut, the album was ready to be released in 2010 and then the reunion happened. So I think it's safe to say that there's at least one album worth of songs with vocals. That album included Absurd, Atlas Shrugged and Hard School. We also know that The General has vocals, because we've heard that phone recording, and although we couldn't understand the lyrics, we could hear that there were vocals on the song. We also know that Perhaps has vocals.

So if the second album has the same length of CD, we're looking at about 8 or 9 songs with finished vocals without counting with The General, Absurd, Atlas, Hard School and Perhaps.

I'm guessing State of Grace, Soul Monster, Quick Song, Seven and Oklahoma/Berlin all have completed vocals by now. They were all supposed to be on the next album, so that leaves us with 3 or 4 "unknown" songs. One of those songs could be PRL, since the album was supposed to be called PRL and there's actually a song with that name on the Village Sessions.

Those 3 or 4 unknown songs could be some of the following:

  • PRL
  • Cuban Skies
  • Monstrosity
  • Tonto
  • Zodiac
  • Going Down
  • Eye on You (Highly doubt they will do this song, since excerpts were released on HS)
  • Oh My God (If they want to re-release it)
  • As It Began
  • Devious Bastard
  • Curly Shuffle
  • D Tune
  • Down By The Ocean
  • Light My Fire

 

i'd like this but have Berlin/oklahoma and hard skool with Eye on you and Light my fire dropped from that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i'd like this but have Berlin/oklahoma and hard skool with Eye on you and Light my fire dropped from that

I don't think "Eye on You" will be a thing. I mean they used parts of it for Hard Skool, so I highly doubt that song has a future release. I think "Oh My God" has a better chance of being released again, then "Eye On You".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Propaganda said:

I don't think "Eye on You" will be a thing. I mean they used parts of it for Hard Skool, so I highly doubt that song has a future release. I think "Oh My God" has a better chance of being released again, then "Eye On You".

or they could just rename eye on you to mcdaddy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I mean ANY bet could get cancelled with the other party dying unexpectedly or something. If you fear losing on a bet you can always come up with excuses not to make the bet.

But like I said this forum has existed for decades and it is the most popular GNR forum. MYGNR has tons of users who have been here forever and have no reason to go elsewhere to talk about GNR, so most likely MYGNR will be here ten years from now.

If you win the bet, all you have to do is to come here and tag me in your post to remind me of the bet. Then you'll get your money.

What do you have to lose? If you actually believe all the bullshit that you're spreading here, this should be easy money for you.

So are we going to make the bet or not? It's up to you.

Not this fucking bet again.

Ok, I'll bet $5000 or whatever it was with a stranger, both (and everyone reading) knowing that neither party will pay.

I 100% believe what I am posting.

There would have to be some goodwill in the bet - 'no new songs' doesn't cut it.  We've already seen he's now resorted into pasting moans from old demos into other old demos in a further attempt to record.

I can envision this guy patching the 'woo-woo' from Quick Song, adding some 'Blood in the Water' and pasting it over Oklahoma and claiming it's new.

He's probably recorded a cover or two.

 

I'm saying you'll never hear any of the below with full lyrics/vocal.

Quick Song
Eye on You
Nothing
Soul Monster
Cuban Skies
Prom Violence
Thyme
PRL
Mustache
Zodiac
Real Doll
Billionaire
Dub Suplex
Devious Bastard
Dummy
Circus Maximus 
D-Tune
Curly Shuffle
As It Began
The Rebel

I'd bet that for sure.

 

Edited by Pele
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pele said:

Not this fucking bet again.

Ok, I'll bet $5000 or whatever it was with a stranger, both (and everyone reading) knowing that neither party will pay.

I 100% believe what I an posting.

There would have to be some goodwill in the bet - 'no new songs' doesn't cut it.  We've already seen he's now resorted into pasting moans from old demos into other old demos in a further attempt to record.

I can envision this guy patching the 'woo-woo' from Quick Song, adding some 'Blood in the Water' and pasting it over Oklahoma and claiming it's new.

He's probably recorded a cover or two.

 

I'm saying you'll never hear any of the below with full lyrics/vocal.

It's not going to be any of the following:

Quick Song
Eye on You
Nothing
Soul Monster
Cuban Skies
Prom Violence
Thyme
PRL
Mustache
Zodiac
Real Doll
Billionaire
Dub Suplex
Devious Bastard
Dummy
Circus Maximus 
D-Tune
Curly Shuffle
As It Began
The Rebel

 

 

Fucking hell pele

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Not this fucking bet again.

Ok, I'll bet $5000 or whatever it was with a stranger, both (and everyone reading) knowing that neither party will pay.

I 100% believe what I am posting.

There would have to be some goodwill in the bet - 'no new songs' doesn't cut it.  We've already seen he's now resorted into pasting moans from old demos into other old demos in a further attempt to record.

I can envision this guy patching the 'woo-woo' from Quick Song, adding some 'Blood in the Water' and pasting it over Oklahoma and claiming it's new.

He's probably recorded a cover or two.

 

I'm saying you'll never hear any of the below with full lyrics/vocal.

Quick Song
Eye on You
Nothing
Soul Monster
Cuban Skies
Prom Violence
Thyme
PRL
Mustache
Zodiac
Real Doll
Billionaire
Dub Suplex
Devious Bastard
Dummy
Circus Maximus 
D-Tune
Curly Shuffle
As It Began
The Rebel

I'd bet that for sure.

 

Why are you making this so difficult? You don't believe that Axl has any songs with finished unheard post 1999 vocals in the vault except for The General maybe.

So let's make a bet that if GNR releases within the next 10 years a song other than The General, with full vocals that we've never heard before, that is not a cover song, then I win. If he doesn't release a song like that then you win.

Obviously that excludes songs with Blood in the Water vocals cause we have already heard those vocals.

We can even make a rule that the song must have at least 50 words that are not copy pasted from any song that we've heard before.

How does that sound like? I'm genuinely trying to adjust this bet so that you'd be fine with it. You just need to tell me what you're unhappy with.

I believe that we've never even heard the titles of most unreleased GNR songs, so I'm not gonna bet what songs exactly will be released within the next 10 years. But I bet that we will hear an original GNR song, other than The General that has at least 50 words of vocals that we've never heard before.

So, do we have a bet?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Why are you making this so difficult? You don't believe that Axl has any songs with finished unheard post 1999 vocals in the vault except for The General maybe.

So let's make a bet that if GNR releases within the next 10 years a song other than The General, with full vocals that we've never heard before, that is not a cover song, then I win. If he doesn't release a song like that then you win.

Obviously that excludes songs with Blood in the Water vocals cause we have already heard those vocals.

We can even make a rule that the song must have at least 50 words that are not copy pasted from any song that we've heard before.

How does that sound like? I'm genuinely trying to adjust this bet so that you'd be fine with it. You just need to tell me what you're unhappy with.

I believe that we've never even heard the titles of most unreleased GNR songs, so I'm not gonna bet what songs exactly will be released within the next 10 years. But I bet that we will hear an original GNR song, other than The General that has at least 50 words of vocals that we've never heard before.

So, do we have a bet?

your winning this bet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Why are you making this so difficult? You don't believe that Axl has any songs with finished unheard post 1999 vocals in the vault except for The General maybe.

So let's make a bet that if GNR releases within the next 10 years a song other than The General, with full vocals that we've never heard before, that is not a cover song, then I win. If he doesn't release a song like that then you win.

Obviously that excludes songs with Blood in the Water vocals cause we have already heard those vocals.

We can even make a rule that the song must have at least 50 words that are not copy pasted from any song that we've heard before.

How does that sound like? I'm genuinely trying to adjust this bet so that you'd be fine with it. You just need to tell me what you're unhappy with.

I believe that we've never even heard the titles of most unreleased GNR songs, so I'm not gonna bet what songs exactly will be released within the next 10 years. But I bet that we will hear an original GNR song, other than The General that has at least 50 words of vocals that we've never heard before.

So, do we have a bet?

If the spirit of the bet basically means a real, full song with verses and chorus that isn't an absolute joke, then yes.

A full, 'normal' song - not some experimental crap with spoken word or 'rapping'.  Just a straightforward song

If so, then yes, there is a bet.

Set up an account on BetOpenly or something similar and deposit the $5k and list the terms of the bet, including the date of maturity.  I'll then log in and either accept and match the amount, or revise terms for re-submission.  The site will take a small fee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...