Will Guns Ever Do A Full Tour In Africa

Proper African tour would be challenging due to logistics and economics (huge distances, poor road infrastructure, they would have to move gear from show to show by cargo planes, they would have to sell out stadiums with 60k~ capacity in poor 3rd world countries). That's why most artists who go to there restrict themselves to South Africa only.

Technically if Axl really wanted an African Tour, they could do something like this: Cape town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg (South Africa), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), Nairobi (Kenya), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Cairo (Egypt), and maybe Algiers (Algieria).

Would a tour like this be profitable at all ? Don't know

• Like 2

9 hours ago, swirkh said:

Proper African tour would be challenging due to logistics and economics (huge distances, poor road infrastructure, they would have to move gear from show to show by cargo planes, they would have to sell out stadiums with 60k~ capacity in poor 3rd world countries). That's why most artists who go to there restrict themselves to South Africa only.

Technically if Axl really wanted an African Tour, they could do something like this: Cape town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg (South Africa), Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania), Nairobi (Kenya), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Cairo (Egypt), and maybe Algiers (Algieria).

I know MJ Played Tunis, Tunisa in the 90s

On 9/28/2021 at 7:15 PM, swirkh said:

I was in Tanzania and was at the Addis Ababa airport three years ago, and I don't see any way they can play places like that. The infrastructure is extremely dated, and I really don't think there would be any crowd big enough to want to see a rock band. South Africa would be it for them.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:53 PM, alangarcianr said:

Uh I don’t know if Algeria is safe enough for touring or visiting as a tourist. Plus many countries in Africa have very small airports with poor infrastructure for the band to make it safe out of the airport 

I've been in Algeria and there I feel safer than in Cape Town.

lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1