Hard Skool Live !

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Are you talking about Perhaps, or Atlas? If the latter, I agree. The song starts out very strong, then sort of falls on it's face. I believe it's suitable for an album release (a step above UYI filler) for sure, but not as a single.

I love Perhaps as it leaked in 2019, rough mix from 2000. Just needs a final mix and master. Robin's (presumably) guitar parts are fucking on fire, especially the high note in the beginning of his solo. I know Slash can do the song justice, but I love Robin's solo so damn much, as I do his Zodiac 13 solo too.

Atlas. I think Perhaps was the best of the leaks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cosmo said:

He sounds like shit and his age is no excuse. He earns a damn well good buck to perform. Put on a good show, do your part. Or, if you are not able to, retire. Just be a dedicated and honest professional. Simples as that.

dude axl is no longer "the rockstar" from the 90s even 2000s he is older now and we need to apreciate this, he can rock the place with the old band and make 3hrs concerts with ALL the catalogue even the hard songs, maybe in some years he got his voice back but is high n low from now on , maybe he was sick or has problems, is a person like you and me, the show is great in person but the "most dangerous band in the world" thing is really over, when i was 15 i see him in a peak! 2010 was epic ten years later is not the same and i get it, i mean in 2016 he do some EPIC shit with guns n Axl/dc, maybe we can get the axl for 2016 at times but we can t expect the man from the 2010 even some guys pretend axl in the 90s show up, comone 

Edited by darkside259

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I've never not had a blast at a GNR show. People will always criticize, but I don't care. "Nothing lasts forever." I wanna keep on rockin' to my favorite band of all time for as long as I can. 

Same... They aren't my favorite band of all time due to their lack of material and the 25 years wasted but I am obviiously still very pasionate about them.. I haven't liked anything they have released since TSI...  The only reason I am still hear is for the live experience.. I have a blast.. I know a lot of people who have attended atleast one of these shows since 2016 and I have never heard anything but great feedback.

• Like 1

Say what y'all want about "Absurd," but it's 100 percent a headbanger at a live show. 

I didn't get that impression from the Fenway show or from talking to people that were there.. I have yet to find any positive feedback on the song in general except on this board.. The best is when people admit it is a bad song but they crank it anyway because they are just happy the band released something. I don't get that at all..

Say what y'all want about "Absurd," but it's 100 percent a headbanger at a live show. 

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't get that impression from the Fenway show or from talking to people that were there.. I have yet to find any positive feedback on the song in general except on this board.. The best is when people admit it is a bad song but they crank it anyway because they are just happy the band released something. I don't get that at all..

The studio version is terrible and I don't even want to hear it by accident.  It was a fun song live but possibly because due to the mix and my location in the pit it was a little hard to hear Axl clearly on songs with heavy guitar.  Without the childish lyrics it is more enjoyable.

I think Axl sounds better when you’re actually at the gig in the moment rather than listen to a recording of the show. Obviously it’s more about the experience and general feeling rather than the technical quality of the performance.

Anyways, I thought Hard Skool works great as a live track from my first listen. The song had definitely grown on me.

Maybe the only disappointment is that they’ve had this stashed away and have never given it a chance previously with this line up or the others. I hope they start kicking out some more ones like this now. Although they can put Silkworms back in the vault. 

28 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

The studio version is terrible and I don't even want to hear it by accident.  It was a fun song live but possibly because due to the mix and my location in the pit it was a little hard to hear Axl clearly on songs with heavy guitar.  Without the childish lyrics it is more enjoyable.

The actual “music” of Absurd isn’t bad and I definitely think Slash has done a great job of turning it into something which sounds like a real track. However the lyrics are just so awful it brings the song down to the same level as My World. I can’t take it seriously and struggle to not turn it off as soon as the first verse starts. I get why it would be more palatable in a mosh pit when you’re not intently listening to the lyrics.

Edited by dave94

43 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Without the childish lyrics it is more enjoyable.

Maybe I am childish but I think the lyrics are the only good part of the song.. I think it is great that they weren't too woke to release a song with those lyrics.. They are about as sharp tongued, vulgar and as verdictive as you can get.. They definitely get your attention. Some random performance came on random while I had Youtube vids playing on my TV. I didn't bother finding the remote to skip it.  I ended up getting a kick out of the hand gesture Axl made while singing the "Pussy full of maggots" line.. 

All that said I wish the song would disappear from existence.. 

• Like 2