Hats off to GNR in 2021

Yeah, you know the past 2 months has been quite the turnaround.  I know things are not perfect, but Axl is improved since the start of the tour (and this may be just what he sounds like from now on), they have 2 songs newly released, recent setlists have been varied, and the rhythm section seems more tight than they ever have

I just hope GNR keeps the momentum going during the off-time after this leg of the tour ends.  Interviews or something like that, can go a long way for keeping us feeling invested while in the upcoming months the "new song" hype dies down a bit

• Like 1

They've basically behaved as you'd expect from a band this year. I'm not sure whether that's worthy of huge credit, but its for sure a step forward. 

Hopefully it gets Axl creative juices going again a little seeing how it is possible for this version of the band to make new music. I think the experience they had in the mid 90s really made them all very cautious.

Finally, I think it does seem likely that this was planned in 2020 but covid did actually shut it down, as some from within the band mentioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah, you know the past 2 months has been quite the turnaround.  I know things are not perfect, but Axl is improved since the start of the tour (and this may be just what he sounds like from now on), they have 2 songs newly released, recent setlists have been varied, and the rhythm section seems more tight than they ever have

I just hope GNR keeps the momentum going during the off-time after this leg of the tour ends.  Interviews or something like that, can go a long way for keeping us feeling invested while in the upcoming months the "new song" hype dies down a bit

Personally I don't really care about interviews. If an album is too much to ask for,  2 single releases per tour for the next couple of years would keep me invested.

After the last few shows of 2019 and 2020 I was 100% against buying tickets again. I got a great show in 2017 and didn't want to ruin that memory. After the first few shows this year I stood by that decision.

Well.. they've changed my mind. Axl sounds much improved. There might be less rasp but his voice is much stronger, more consistent. The band have never sounded better, they've released 2 songs and actually played them live, and they rotate the setlist. I'm sold.

• Like 1

Guns in 2021 are great. I was pretty much checked out after 2019. But this year has been amazing. 2 new, great songs. Axl sounds as good as he’s gonna get probably at this point. Things aren’t perfect and I definitely make fun of the band here or there but all jokes aside this has been a phenomenal time to be a Guns fan. Props to management and the band for turning things around.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

Instrumental Yes. They play really tight... even Frank Ferrer. And since they play a little slower, it sounds very very good. Slash & Duff it's still worth to see them live

but Axl in 2021. It's the worst voice in his carreer! Can it get worse? Yeah like he doesn't sing all words, skipping lyrics. And that's exactly what happened this year

5 hours ago, koldweather said:

They've basically behaved as you'd expect from a band this year. I'm not sure whether that's worthy of huge credit, but its for sure a step forward. 

That is what I was thinking.. They reworked two 20 year old demos and played them live.. I guess it is a step forward for them but would be a footnote for any other band.. They should have done this 5 years ago.  Either way, it is something.  

3 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I'm referring to this band

Agreed... The band itself sounds the best it has since the reunion...

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There was no one more negative than me prior to the start of the tour. Then the kick off in Hershey made it worse. 

Then suddenly, Absurd happened and the band flipped the switch. Setlists started getting minor to big changes, Axl started trying harder, the band started playing WAY better and the shows just seemed......fun and fresh (for the most part).

Does Axl sound "great"? No. But he's also 1000 years old in rock years and IMO, he's trying very hard. Effort goes a LONG way with me. Over the last month, I've seen way more effort from Axl & GN'R then I've seen in years. 

He’s still out there at 59 giving it his all. That alone matters so much. We’re hard on them, they’ve kinda made that bed, but 2021 was a win for all. 

…..I still want that album. 😏

• Like 2