Why Can't you listen to OMG Outside North America

6 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yup. I bought OMG off UK iTunes years ago and can no longer redownload it :/ Same with some other film music I bought like the soundtrack for The Thing.

Can't see Axl fighting for it to be released! He has worked on what he now considers a finished version so I'd kinda expect to hear it at some stage in the future with Slash/Duff 

I actually like oh my god. They should have gone with oh my god over Absurd! The chorus in omg is very catchy... I'd say he'd have a heart attack trying to sing the verse now though!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I read somewhere that OMG on the soundtrack CD  for the movie is just a demo version. It wasn't finished for a final release. It has no official release. I'm a OMG fan too. They should finish that song and release it.

Honestly I am still not unconvinced Axl called it a demo after the fact due to the poor reception of it in general at the time lol

Edited by WhazUp

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Really!? Why is it always called the Bumblefoot version?

I guess because it leaked from the same batch of the other Bumble/Bucket stuff such as Going Down. 

I'm convinced those were just the mix Bumble made for his in-ear piece. With those tracks, the soundboard guy would know how Ron wanted his levels. 

4 hours ago, Homefuck said:

The link doesn't work in sweden either. Guess it's an european thing.

Same

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The song isn't available in Brazil either.

It's all Buckethead in that demo, AFAIK.

Same in Argentina

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Sorta off topic, but as far as stand alone tracks on film soundtracks go…how do you stack this song up against Set Me Free? 

these 2 songs are on the opposite side of the spectrum imo. I think Set Me Free worked better as a film soundtrack and introduction to VR cause it was simple, easy to digest, old school hard rock and it was indicative of the album's direction which was much more mainstream compared to Oh My God. One of the stronger VR tunes imo. Matt really came through with the bass riff and Scott delivered an It's So Easy-esque vocal melody in the verses with a catchy and energetic chorus.

They didn't try to reinvent the wheel with this one so maybe there was less resistance from the get go to their sound. My guess is people still expected the first new Gn'R single to retain certain elements that were missing.

Oh My God was heavier and more ambitious but it wasn't a good choice for a film soundtrack imo or as the first song to introduce new Gn'R. The muddy production probably didn't help for old Gn'R fans to connect to it. It took me a few listens to really fall in love with the song.

I still listen to Set Me Free, but Oh My God is a classic for me.

sidenote: I think the poor reception was a "tragedy" to Gn'R fans cause I believe that if it was received well, Axl would have gained enough confidence in the project to maybe mix the album and release it in 1999/2000.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Can't see Axl fighting for it to be released! He has worked on what he now considers a finished version so I'd kinda expect to hear it at some stage in the future with Slash/Duff 

I actually like oh my god. They should have gone with oh my god over Absurd! The chorus in omg is very catchy... I'd say he'd have a heart attack trying to sing the verse now though!

I like it too. I wish a full Buckethead version leaked. We did get something close to that with the Bumble parts added. Hopefully they keep some Buckethead during the chorus that you can hear on the leaked version.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I like it too. I wish a full Buckethead version leaked. We did get something close to that with the Bumble parts added. Hopefully they keep some Buckethead during the chorus that you can hear on the leaked version.

Never managed to find the Bumblefoot version! If there's a kind soul with out there of course I wouldn't say no🤤

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

There's no Bumble parts in the leaked OMG. It's full Buckethead.

• kingcanyon changed the title to Why Can't you listen to OMG Outside North America
8 hours ago, Rovim said:

these 2 songs are on the opposite side of the spectrum imo. I think Set Me Free worked better as a film soundtrack and introduction to VR cause it was simple, easy to digest, old school hard rock and it was indicative of the album's direction which was much more mainstream compared to Oh My God. One of the stronger VR tunes imo. Matt really came through with the bass riff and Scott delivered an It's So Easy-esque vocal melody in the verses with a catchy and energetic chorus.

They didn't try to reinvent the wheel with this one so maybe there was less resistance from the get go to their sound. My guess is people still expected the first new Gn'R single to retain certain elements that were missing.

Oh My God was heavier and more ambitious but it wasn't a good choice for a film soundtrack imo or as the first song to introduce new Gn'R. The muddy production probably didn't help for old Gn'R fans to connect to it. It took me a few listens to really fall in love with the song.

I still listen to Set Me Free, but Oh My God is a classic for me.

sidenote: I think the poor reception was a "tragedy" to Gn'R fans cause I believe that if it was received well, Axl would have gained enough confidence in the project to maybe mix the album and release it in 1999/2000.

The issue was two fold. The song did fit amongst the vibe and bands on that soundtrack. However that phase in popular music was well past it’s peak culturally by 98/1999

2nd was that the movie wasn’t very good commercially  

Edited by guitarpatch

33 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

There's no Bumble parts in the leaked OMG. It's full Buckethead.

Interesting, is the same for Going Down and Silkworms? The isolated guitar (in the channel) doesn't sound like Buckethead to me. These are the mixes that have Axl in only one channel, with most of the instrumental, and the other channel is just (presumably) Bumble's guitars.