London tickets 2022

I don’t think the London shows will drop to the extent that they have been in the US, as there will be a huge demand for concerts next summer. If you can get anything for face value, pull the trigger. There’s no hurry either though, so no harm in waiting til closer to the time. I’ve actually been debating whether or not to get refunds for the tickets I’ve bought excluding Glesga - that was going to be the case if they didn’t release an album, but something is brewing and whatever it is, if it doesn’t drop during the festivities, then most likely it’ll coincide with the European tour…or not!

Tickets will be available the whole time and like what Dean said, ticket prices don’t drop here like they do in the US. You might be able to get a bargain from the resale sites though?

The thing you do need to plan for well in advance is if you need to stay in London because the nearest hotels always book up fast around events like this and Foo Fighters are in London the same time as well. 

I've never understood the drop in ticket prices before a show, as it happens in the US. It never happens in Italy. I got my ticket as soon as I could, and I know I did the right thing, because looking at the Ticketone map, it seems that sales are going pretty well, considering that the show is almost a year away. I missed the chance to see Guns in 2017 in Imola, because I didn't look for the tickets in time, so my advice is to get them as soon as you can 🤘.

• Like 1

Yeah the market here hasn't been quite as extensive as it has been in the US. In the UK for example there has been the two sold out London shows and Download show which was a mixed crowd anyways. I'm sure much of Europe is the same as the last leg was back in 2018. Europe has had two whilst the US (similar size of population) has now had 5 since 2016 so its not surprising with covid as well that that market is basically all tapped out, at least at the stadium level.

Europe probably still has enough demand to get a very well sold stadium gig, even if it doesn't quite sell out.

Get the face value now or get them at 5pm on the day of the gig. they don't drop before a show like in USA. mainly because they sell out and the demand is there. However, on the day of the gig they do drop tickets. I got a Kiss ticket for £30 at about 530pm one day (£75 FV) and Muse £40 (£100 face value) and of course if that fails, ticket touts never sell out. Just negotiate well and you'll get in. That's my plan for the london gig - assuming they keep the new songs and chi dem variations in the set. As your name is Durhamgirl - do you live in durham? If so the glasgow gig would be closer wouldnt it? 

Edited by JimiRose
typo

52 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Stupid question where do you buy tickets on the day of the event would you take a chance at the box office? 

On resale sites - they have a ticket printer at the O2, but you can use QR codes or e tickets too and download to your phone. People normally get quite desperate to sell in the hours before the show 

• Like 1

Ive booked my hotel today. I’m going to have to wait until the very last minute to get tickets as I just cannot afford full prices. 

Does anyone have any experience buying from touts outside the gig? Do tickets tend to sell for less then face value? 

19 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Ive booked my hotel today. I’m going to have to wait until the very last minute to get tickets as I just cannot afford full prices. 

Does anyone have any experience buying from touts outside the gig? Do tickets tend to sell for less then face value? 

Not Gn’R with Axl and Slash.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Yeah. Touts will obviously try to rip you off and get as much as they can but they get increasingly desperate. If you're happy to leave it right until stage time, you'll get it for next to nothing. 

On the flip side though, it's a new stadium, and I have no idea what the policing of touting will be like. They might well be really strict on it, and you might see none around. 

I can't afford to and won't be paying the prices GNR are charging here. Pit especially is insanely expensive. I'll keep my eyes open and would probably go (provided they keep the new songs and CD stuff) if the price was right. 

Ticketmaster have actually started doing the 'demand based pricing' they do in the USA here now. I've noticed it for quite a few shows recently. That's actually new- they're adopting the American model now. So it's highly likely we will see cheaper tickets near the day. 

It's also worth bearing in mind that there are a ludicrous amount of of shows going on next year (Foo Fighters have a stadium show in London on the same night as GNR for instance) as everyone and their brother are touring.....which obviously improves the chances of tickets being flogged off cheap. 

So, yeah, I'd say wait personally. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

Has anyone received their tickets for this yet?

I bought them when they first went on sale in 2019 from SeeTickets. Haven’t received them though. Will it be like the week before?

It's hard to predict. In previous tours they've arrived months in advance and in others they arrive within a few weeks of the shows. If they aren't there a week before the show I'd get on the case with SeeTickets.

Good example - I had tickets for Faith No More in Brixton for June 2020 and received them before the pandemic shut down shows, these tickets are still valid for the rescheduled 2022 dates. Will be a bit bizarre using a ticket that says 2020 on it to get into a show 2 years later!

USA is tapped out on Guns, anyone who ever wanted to see the reunion has had the chance multiple times since 2016 in almost every year since except 2020. In the UK there's been two nights of London shows in 17 and a festival show in 2018. Demand is bigger, don't expect a drop off in pricing. 

This time at least they are doing a show in Glasgow so if you're closer to there you can got to that show - Will also be different feel venue wise, the show isn't in a stadium, is in a big park.

• Like 1