So...whats next?

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers that someone had contingency plans in place before this tour started. They had to have known that Australia was doubtful at best and even if Mexico wasn't on their radar, I hope someone considered the possibility of postponement because it happened. 

They did realize parts of the tour would likely be postponed or cancelled back when the tour was about to start. This is not me being pelesque and stating my beliefs as truth, I know they did. As for what any contingency plans might have been - I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the band goes on hiatus until next summer. Or that they announce (or not) some new US dates. We will have to wait and see.

I don't think we will be getting any new music when the band is not touring. So maybe to coincide with the tour next summer? Maybe not. 

To me personally, 2021 hasn't been much different than any other year after 2008, except for the release of Absurd and Hard Skool. I am cautiously optimistic that more new music will come at some point.

Edited by SoulMonster

4 minutes ago, WAR™ said:

SMKC is next at the moment

Right, but there were GN'R plans in place for between now and then. So I'm asking if anyone thinks they'll do something to replace those plans. 

3 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Total silence as usual.

Damn, you're probably right but I sure hope not. 

The normal thing to do would be keep the momentum by releasing a third single and then an album, but I dont think thats gonna happen.

After the release of Absurd and Hardschool, im kind of unsure about whats going to happen, they can drop a new single anytime or go completely radio silent. These guys are unpredictable.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

They did realize parts of the tour would likely be postponed or cancelled back when the tour was about to start. This is not me being pelesque and stating my beliefs as truth, I know they did. As for what any contingency plans might have been - I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the band goes on hiatus until next summer. Or that they announce (or not) some new US dates. We will have to wait and see.

I don't think we will be getting any new when the band is not touring. So maybe to coincide with the tour next summer? Maybe not. 

To me personally, 2021 hasn't been much different than any other year after 2008, except for the release of Absurd and Hard Skool. I am cautiously optimistic that more new music will come at some point.

It's good to know that they were aware. It gives me hope that there might be contingency plans. 

I don't think we'll get anything when they're not touring but a man (even a grizzled GN'R fan) can hope haha. 

Lastly, for me there was a huge change between this tour and the last several. It stopped feeling like they were just going through the motions for many reasons, at least for me. 

7 minutes ago, betterman said:

Recording more songs! :)

Crossing my fingers this could be true. 

2 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

It's full throttle SMKC for Slash now. Alter Bridge will enter studio on apirl/may and that will be the moment when SMKC tour stops. I don't expect anything from GNR till the next leg of the tour. Total silence.

I'm so hoping that isn't the case. I really hope they find a way to fill the space with the plans they had between now and the SMKC plans. 

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

The normal thing to do would be keep the momentum by releasing a third single and then an album, but I dont think thats gonna happen.

After the release of Absurd and Hardschool, im kind of unsure about whats going to happen, they can drop a new single anytime or go completely radio silent. These guys are unpredictable.

Yeah, that's always the thing with GN'R: what SHOULD they do and what ARE they gonna do? 

• Like 1

To stop myself being dissapointed will expect nothing and silence.

That said, they've shown the capacity to release songs now with very little notice. We anticipated Absurd only because of the setlist being seen for the first show and then they played it. What we didn't anticipate was just a few days later they would release it. After that it became "Where's Hard Skool?" because we had seen it on setlists for a while and heard them rehearse it in soundcheck repeatedly - even a couple of times with Axl. We then eventually got Hard Skool, again with no pre-announcement, it just released at midnight and they sent some tweets out.

We also had the curiosity of OMG being on setlists in 2018 and lyrics being on the screen during YCBM on this leg of the tour. Odd.

Could they do more songs/an album in December? Possibly. There would be no need to have any of that rehearsed or on a setlist as there were never shows planned for the December timeframe - only October & November with the Mexico and Australia dates. So it is possible we see something that hasn't been worked up for performing yet. This would be a truly surprise release as there are not setlists or soundchecks that could hint towards it.

I see some people talking about the shipment dates of the physical Hard Skool release as another launch. It really doesn't seem like it. The launch of that single was two weeks ago, the February and June 2022 shipment dates are just them fulfilling orders. Other things can be released digitally in the meantime - it's not impossible.

Like I said at the top I'm not going to expect any of that, but will stay a little hopeful as they've finally ripped the seal off and have started releasing music. They clearly like to try and do them as surprises with no fanfare beforehand, so basically once we're 6 weeks out from the Hard Skool release date, each Thursday midnight can be something to anticipate.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I'm not sure if they're done for this year. The may pull off something last minute (A Vegas residency?), or even the actual album, or something like a live Blu-ray.

And not only they brought back Coma and Shadow, but also Sorry and Catcher (and Madagascar earlier).
They also got that new Jungle intro which is cool, and You're Crazy being a regular in the setlist is amazing.

This was my favorite "NITL lineup" year after 2016 and 2017. 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This was my favorite "NITL lineup" year after 2016 and 2017. 

It's the most interesting the band has been since 2016. The reunion has had some clear phases.

NITL Part 1: OH MY GOD SLASH AND DUFF ARE BACK (16-17)
NITL Part 2: Appetite Boxset, Some small setlist changes, oh this acoustic version of Move to the City is intersting I guess (18-19)
F'n Everything has F'n in it: Lockdown silence and WTF SILKWORMS IS BACK?! (2020-Present)

We'll see what happens now. The reunion wow factor is definitely over and they pumped the AFD nostalgia well dry. Maybe they do something big for Illusions but they already play all the Illusions songs people want to hear. They either tour on the novelty of just existing for the next 2 years or they release more shit.

This tour really has been such a blast to follow; probably the most fun for me personally since 2016-2017. The band deserves kudos for the changes they made this tour and the effort they put into every performance despite all the challenges I’m sure they faced as a large traveling operation during this pandemic. They really made a lot of people happy doing these shows (myself included). 

For the first time in forever, there seems to be quite a lot of goodwill between the fans and the band. I just really really hope they don’t piss it away. I don’t know what’s next, but I think I’ll take anything over total silence (though unfortunately this is what we all have to prepare ourselves for. This is Guns N’ Roses, after all). I will say this: despite all the commotion with the Hard Skool “EP” release, the long-term goal remains the same: the release of a new album. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Fans,

We’ll be F’n back in the F’n New Year with an F’n new setlist and F’n Axl will be less F’n bloated and cracking even more F’n jokes. 

SinF’ncerely,

GnF’nR

PS.    F’n! 

This f'n guy f'n gets it. You'll be the social media manager by the end of the f'n week.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Fans,

We’ll be F’n back in the F’n New Year with an F’n new setlist and F’n Axl will be less F’n bloated and cracking even more F’n jokes. 

SinF’ncerely,

GnF’nR

PS.    F’n! 

June 2022 set just started:

It's So Easy

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Still don't get why they have to be on tour to release new music. No other band/artist completely disappears off the radar when not touring. Most artists release the music first, THEN tour it. I am pleased we've had two singles, but only a new album will truly make me feel this band cares again.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2