So...whats next?

What should be next:  interviews to promote the recent singles to keep the buzz going, a new album next year and shows to support that.  Remastered UYI box set perhaps

What probably is next:  radio silence, Axl ranting about politics on Twitter, and a new line of GNR toys being unveiled on social media

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

AC/DC have consistently released music videos for singles off their last album. It is still out there. Don't listen to either of the other artists you mentioned! 

GNR's strategy? What, release two singles a lot of fans had already heard in different formats and do zero press to promote it? Genius marketing that! 😃

Same for Bruce Springsteen :heart:

A lot of different promotion

I think guns are done until the next leg was a great run 2 new songs a EP release date they changed up the set list a bit so I give them credit they did more then I thought they would only thing that would be cool and help the next leg of the tour is a movie just like the dirt but why better that would really bring in new fans and keep old and hardcore fans happy and hyped up  or how about axl rose getting a star on the walk of fame it’s time slash has one axl should have one  too 

Does the fact that they released Hard Skool so late in the day with minimal live performances show that they aren't as concerned about having to be touring as we think?

Obviously they had planned on there being many more dates this year.. but hopefully Hard Skool release has made them realise that it makes fuck all difference if you're touring or not.

Would love a Vegas residency or something like that. Would definitely come over from the UK and make a holiday of that.

14 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Would love a Vegas residency or something like that. Would definitely come over from the UK and make a holiday of that.

I've heard from a reliable inside source that both Largs and Skegness are being considered as residency options for the UK. The Beach Boulevard in Aberdeen would also provide an excellent backdrop for an open air concert (ala The Stones at Copacabana) in early January. 

• Haha 1

I think this Hard School single with b-sides is just a bonus from GNR because they know they had to release something but the "next chapter"-shows starts summer 2022 and hopefully the full album release is already planned for this tour. 

I think at least some new songs will be released during next summer

I refuse to think they have recorded just two songs and one of them is absurd (even if I like it a  lot better than before)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

AC/DC have consistently released music videos for singles off their last album. It is still out there. Don't listen to either of the other artists you mentioned! 

GNR's strategy? What, release two singles a lot of fans had already heard in different formats and do zero press to promote it? Genius marketing that! 😃

I didn't even know that there were music videos for the new AC/DC  singles. It wasn't publicized.  

1 hour ago, username said:

Sorry to be all Debbie Downer here Russ, but the facts are as follows. In order of importance: 

- Management is still giving us no information or things to look forward to in the future. No archive releases, box sets, new albums, old albums, singles or live releases. Simply no perspective at all;

- Axl's voice is still shot and is unlikely to recover;

- Management is still on social media regularly insulting fans and generally being unprofessional;

- Our friend Mojo and his followers are still massively taking down material from youtube that would sustain the fanbase and I'm not convinced TB is doing anything about that. Much worse I'm not convinced that they're not involved in it;

- IF (and thats a huge if) they ever record or release anything else it will most likely be old material (20 year old vocals) with new Slash and Duff work pasted on top. My impression of Axl's voice right now is that he wouldn't be able to pull off actual new material in a studio;

I'm very happy that they released Absurd and Hard School (which I will continue to refuse to spell like an 8 year old). I'd be very happy with more releases like that. While at the same time the amateurism regarding the physical release of that is just embarrassing. Again. It's nice that they released 2 songs. But for me just two songs absolutely isn't going to reestablish my faith in this band or even pay for anything they're still doing. They'd have to come up with something more substantial for that. 

Agree with most of what you said (I do think Axl would be fine the studio). It's kinda weird to me seeing people act like all these problems don't exist and like everything has changed just because they released two songs. Last part is pretty much how I feel, I don't really see what they've done that I'd want to spend money on when we don't even know if anything is happening when it comes to an album/future singles. 

• Like 1

It's post-release high, we're not used to these types of things with GN'R. Plus shuffle the playlist a bit, throw in some rarely more used rasp where it hasn't been in a long time - and we're all drooling. I think the next year will show how serious they are with some real future progress. 

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Can we quit with this bullshit? Slash is worth probably $100 million easy with royalties coming in perpetuity. He’s 56 and pays her $100 grand a month or whatever. He could sit at his house doing nothing until he died at 80 and still have $80 million after paying here every month for 24 years. If for some reason he started making a lot less each year his alimony payments could be reduced. The guy is fine forever money wise. The cool thing is his drive is making new music and being a fucking proficient legend because he loves music, recording it and playing it. He’ll never get sick of it so stop with this money motivation bullshit. It cheapens the genuine love with no basis in fact.

Honestly, I feel you're calculating his financial situation with rose-tinted glasses. Not that I know the in's and out's of his situation, but a final settlement after all the lawyer's fees would have him ending up with way less than half of what he had in the first place. After that, the judge calculates the alimony (both former spouse and children) on the basis of current income. Given his nice payday with Guns N' Roses, you can be assured that his former spouse ends up with a nice chunk of that money. If his income starts to lessen, he will have to hire an attorney to request a change in alimony. Which will most probably be met with a procedure with a lawyer by the defendant (former spouse), which also costs a lot of money in fees. So, sitting back till he's 80, it might be possible, it just depends on how the ball rolls for him financially. Of course, when alimony for the children is no longer needed and if his former spouse re-marries, that changes the situation as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Black said:

Honestly, I feel you're calculating his financial situation with rose-tinted glasses. Not that I know the in's and out's of his situation, but a final settlement after all the lawyer's fees would have him ending up with way less than half of what he had in the first place. After that, the judge calculates the alimony (both former spouse and children) on the basis of current income. Given his nice payday with Guns N' Roses, you can be assured that his former spouse ends up with a nice chunk of that money. If his income starts to lessen, he will have to hire an attorney to request a change in alimony. Which will most probably be met with a procedure with a lawyer by the defendant (former spouse), which also costs a lot of money in fees. So, sitting back till he's 80, it might be possible, it just depends on how the ball rolls for him financially. Of course, when alimony for the children is no longer needed and if his former spouse re-marries, that changes the situation as well.

Dude your whole post is filled with false assumptions. He divorced/was separated for years from Perla by the time the reunion came around. His shit was protected and settled by then. She gets what she gets based on the divorce agreement. $6 million lump sum and roughly $100 thousand a month. He’s probably made $60-70 million at least the last 6 years he’s fine. My point was quit pretending he’s desperate because he had to pay her alimony. It’s just not accurate. Also the money to his sons isn’t alimony. They get like 1-2% of his earning into a trust or whatever after they’re 18 but the term isn’t alimony. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, username said:

Sorry to be all Debbie Downer here Russ, but the facts are as follows. In order of importance: 

- Management is still giving us no information or things to look forward to in the future. No archive releases, box sets, new albums, old albums, singles or live releases. Simply no perspective at all;

- Axl's voice is still shot and is unlikely to recover;

- Management is still on social media regularly insulting fans and generally being unprofessional;

- Our friend Mojo and his followers are still massively taking down material from youtube that would sustain the fanbase and I'm not convinced TB is doing anything about that. Much worse I'm not convinced that they're not involved in it;

- IF (and thats a huge if) they ever record or release anything else it will most likely be old material (20 year old vocals) with new Slash and Duff work pasted on top. My impression of Axl's voice right now is that he wouldn't be able to pull off actual new material in a studio;

I'm very happy that they released Absurd and Hard School (which I will continue to refuse to spell like an 8 year old). I'd be very happy with more releases like that. While at the same time the amateurism regarding the physical release of that is just embarrassing. Again. It's nice that they released 2 songs. But for me just two songs absolutely isn't going to reestablish my faith in this band or even pay for anything they're still doing. They'd have to come up with something more substantial for that. 

I can't argue with anything you just said. 

To be clear, my original post wasn't meant to be like "everything is great in GN'R world!" I just meant to say that for the first time in decades, I thought they were doing some things right. 

Then stuff that's actually out of their control got in the way of forward momentum. I know Axl and TBs line of thinking is "everything is everyone's fault but ours", which has never been true. However this thing with the rest of the tour getting canceled was beyond their control for once. 

• Like 1

Hardskool is sinking without a trace already. limited radio push, zero advertising, zero interviews, 1-2 social media posts, absurd is almost completely forgotten. I can't give TB or the band any credit for this, it's been a clusterfuck and doing the bare minimum and achieving the bare minimum in results. I'm delighted we got new music, i like both, but the release has been an embarrassment. Hardskool should be on the radio, on the tv. it's nothing already outside of this forum. How a band of this  supposed magnitude can be this shoddy. it is baffling. we'll hear nothing now till next year. disaster. 

Edited by JimiRose
typo

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

Can we quit with this bullshit? Slash is worth probably $100 million easy with royalties coming in perpetuity. He’s 56 and pays her $100 grand a month or whatever. He could sit at his house doing nothing until he died at 80 and still have $80 million after paying here every month for 24 years. If for some reason he started making a lot less each year his alimony payments could be reduced. The guy is fine forever money wise. The cool thing is his drive is making new music and being a fucking proficient legend because he loves music, recording it and playing it. He’ll never get sick of it so stop with this money motivation bullshit. It cheapens the genuine love with no basis in fact.

He's not worth that much, he's very, very, very well off but his estimated wealth is way higher than reality of what he has available. if he sold his publishing for the guns material he'd have that kind of money though.

Also, he is motivated by money, he is also clearly motivated by music too! the guy never stops! Obviously he loves music, but he's also a businessman and he has large monthly expenses that have been mentioned with kids/exes. I'm sure Slash has invested his money wisely too "Yo Duff what should I do with this wad".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Dude your whole post is filled with false assumptions. He divorced/was separated for years from Perla by the time the reunion came around. His shit was protected and settled by then. She gets what she gets based on the divorce agreement. $6 million lump sum and roughly $100 thousand a month. He’s probably made $60-70 million at least the last 6 years he’s fine. My point was quit pretending he’s desperate because he had to pay her alimony. It’s just not accurate. Also the money to his sons isn’t alimony. They get like 1-2% of his earning into a trust or whatever after they’re 18 but the term isn’t alimony. 

On my behalf, they were presumptions based on general divorce procedures. But given your post I'm believing that you have specific knowledge of all the details of the divorce settlement, which nulls my assumptions. Don't forget he has to pay taxes is the last thing I will say on the subject.

4 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Hardskool is sinking without a trace already. limited radio push, zero advertising, zero interviews, 1-2 social media posts, absurd is almost completely forgotten. I can't give TB or the band any credit for this, it's been a clusterfuck and doing the bare minimum and achieving the bare minimum in results. I'm delighted we got new music, i like both, but the release has been an embarrassment. Hardskool should be on the radio, on the tv. it's nothing already outside of this forum. How a band of this  supposed magnitude can be this shoddy. it is baffling. we'll hear nothing now till next year. disaster. 

Yeah, I think it would be very easy to be 'kinda into GNR' and not know that they have released new music. Where are the videos? they should at least give one interview? 

It's almost like they are trying to tank the material? if I was the label licensing these songs I'd be asking questions. AC/DC released their album in October and they are still releasing singles, because A) that's what their fans want B) interest levels in the album have clearly levelled off, and it needs a shot in the arm C) they are probably about to announce 2022 dates and want a reminder that they just put out new music. 

I don't have a clue, what GNRs business looks like or what plans they have, but from the outside it looks like the did the bare-minimum releasing these two songs, and I'm positive people reached out trying to get them to promote the songs (maybe not Absurd🤣) on TV and radio.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Hardskool is sinking without a trace already. limited radio push, zero advertising, zero interviews, 1-2 social media posts, absurd is almost completely forgotten. I can't give TB or the band any credit for this, it's been a clusterfuck and doing the bare minimum and achieving the bare minimum in results. I'm delighted we got new music, i like both, but the release has been an embarrassment. 

Embarrassment to who? You? Personally I couldn't care less about how the release performs, I am just happy the band extended its back catalogue. Whether it sells or not is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Black said:

On my behalf, they were presumptions based on general divorce procedures. But given your post I'm believing that you have specific knowledge of all the details of the divorce settlement, which nulls my assumptions. Don't forget he has to pay taxes is the last thing I will say on the subject.

Fair enough and I do know the details of the divorce and acknowledged with the taxes. Once again though my whole point is that Slash has more than enough money than he’ll ever need and I don’t think that is his driving factor. Of course that doesn’t mean he doesn’t like making money and being successful but he’s not making desperate decisions like he’s staving off insolvency like some people try to pretend. In fact it’s quite the opposite. Outside of his divorce and funding his boys (which he’d happily do anyways) he’s a pretty low key guy in terms of rock stars for how successful he is.

• Like 3